It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Official Threatens to Unleash Cartels, Flood U.S. With Drugs and Narcotics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's not defending my points... it's the fact that I have to remind you that, what you think is my opinion, is more then likely not my opinion. As I said before, I do not care to be perceived in any particular way by others. This is now stretching into insinuating insinuation... gas lighting.

A very common tactic from "progressives". Completely false and dishonest of course.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

How many hornet's nests is this guy going to kick before they start stinging him back?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

"Mexican Official Threatens to Unleash Cartels, Flood U.S. With Drugs and Narcotics"

In a stunning segment on Fareed Zakaria’s CNN broadcast today Mexico’s former foreign minister, Jorge Castaneda, states the Mexican government is willing to counter U.S. President Donald Trump policy by unleashing drug cartels upon the U.S. border.

Jorge Castaneda Gutman hasn't been an official of the Mexican government for 13 years. He served from 2000-2003. He doesn't speak for the Mexican government nor did he say that "the Mexican government is willing to counter" etc... what he said was that joint anti-drug operations require close cooperation and that stirring up animosity is bad for cooperation.

EDIT:

Is he wrong? Does anyone believe that pissing on Mexico by demanding that they somehow owe us billions of dollars for Trump's vanity project is going to foster good relations?
edit on 2017-1-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What's most obnoxious to me is that Trump and his supporters celebrate pissing Mexico off, then when Mexico starts talking retaliation, Trump and co. pretend like that is a validation of what they've been saying all along.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So nobody reads the news anymore ?, it was all over yesterday that the US is pissed of at Mexico for allowing free pass to wannabe illegals from the South border through Mexico to the US!!!! and the Wall is already being built, so happens that GW started the wall but Obama suspended the new Wall, so Trump only resumed construction on an existing and approved project.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Reply to: odzeandennz, queenofswords, sweetypie215 and theantediluvian.

I acknowledged that the source of the linked article wasn't that great (nor do I think that CNN is all that great either) and I pointed out that this quote was from a former foreign minister of Mexico, all in my second posting in reply to TrueBrit. So yeah, there is all that to consider, but I wouldn't doubt that he actually has this attitude attributed to his statement.

Although his statement may have been strictly about how the US would be cutting off it's nose to spite it's face in this situation, maybe it really isn't. And as far as the money the U.S. sends down there to combat the drug trade, I wonder how much of that is actually being used for it's intended purpose? Not much is my guess.

Disclaimer: There are a lot of migrant workers around here from Mexico, the town my doctor's office is in has a lot of Spanish speaking people of Mexican descent, in fact he is too. I hear mostly Spanish in the office when I'm there. I respect the Mexican Americans around here as honest and hard working as I imagine most of them are in Mexico, but the Mexican government is not the Mexican people and, IMO, I suspect the Mexican government is corrupt as hell.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good luck getting that stuff over the wall...lol.

Methinks Trumper will be adjusting the penalties for illegally entering America to 6 months labor on....THE WALL.....LMAO....Mexico really will pay for and build the wall......and if you decide to VOLUNTEER 2 years on The Wall...wha-la....you become 2 steps closer to becoming American.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Good luck getting that stuff over the wall...lol.

Methinks Trumper will be adjusting the penalties for illegally entering America to 6 months labor on....THE WALL.....LMAO....Mexico really will pay for and build the wall......and if you decide to VOLUNTEER 2 years on The Wall...wha-la....you become 2 steps closer to becoming American.

You do know that slave labor is illegal right?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Breaking News!

Mexican Official tells the truth about what Mexico really gets out of trade with the US and who really runs Mexico.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hell more jobs will be available for the border patrol, very soon for what we see, I am amazed how countries think that violence and intimidation is going to make America open the borders.

I hope Trump allow indiscriminately use of force in the border.

After all now we know that is going to be gangs, narcotics and drug cartels coming in.

California most love it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Mexican Official Threatens to Unleash Cartels, Flood U.S. With Drugs and Narcotics"

In a stunning segment on Fareed Zakaria’s CNN broadcast today Mexico’s former foreign minister, Jorge Castaneda, states the Mexican government is willing to counter U.S. President Donald Trump policy by unleashing drug cartels upon the U.S. border.

Jorge Castaneda Gutman hasn't been an official of the Mexican government for 13 years. He served from 2000-2003. He doesn't speak for the Mexican government nor did he say that "the Mexican government is willing to counter" etc... what he said was that joint anti-drug operations require close cooperation and that stirring up animosity is bad for cooperation.

EDIT:

Is he wrong? Does anyone believe that pissing on Mexico by demanding that they somehow owe us billions of dollars for Trump's vanity project is going to foster good relations?

this has been pointed out several times. its just selective 'reading'.
this is just 'targeted' news.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So, business as usual? more fake news. To clarify "business as usual" drugs come in now, and will after.
edit on 30-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
LOL! its hilarious how people are just basing their confirmation bias off of the threads title and some biased blog post but if you actually listen the SOURCE interview he isnt suggesting "unleashing" cartels and drugs hes saying that if if the U.S. cuts them off and isnt helping there isnt much they can do to continue working together to help better the situation. Sure they can try and stop the drug flow but it requires both countries working together. Hes suggesting diminishing ties will not help the cooperation of the two countries to curb the drug trade.

You guys need to lay off the biased blogs and websites and stick to the sources not some biased random opinion on it. ATS has turned into a sad echo chamber of BS lately.

edit on 30-1-2017 by unfor54k3n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: unfor54k3n

Don't you know..critical thinking has gone the way of the Dodo.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Hell more jobs will be available for the border patrol, very soon for what we see, I am amazed how countries think that violence and intimidation is going to make America open the borders.

I hope Trump allow indiscriminately use of force in the border.

After all now we know that is going to be gangs, narcotics and drug cartels coming in.

California most love it.

Oh the irony... "An eye for an eye", right?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Want to stop him in his tracks??? Legalize Marijuana...saturate the market and the cartels will run elsewhere.

Economics.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There never has been a drug war. It is all propaganda. If the US really wanted to wipe out the drug organizations it would have done so already. But the US is too civilized to do that.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Legalize all drugs. Follow Portugal's model. Problem solved.

Btw, I didn't hear threaten to unless the cartels on America. Shocking a conservative trash site would lie to me?

edit on 30-1-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Mexican Official Threatens to Unleash Cartels, Flood U.S. With Drugs and Narcotics

Someone tell them to stop using words that mean the same thing.

Mexico better be nice or we will bring freedom and democracy to them.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Want to stop him in his tracks??? Legalize Marijuana...saturate the market and the cartels will run elsewhere.

Economics.

Legalizing drugs could have an unsuspecting outcome.

My father was an alcoholic. He was a happy drunk, so the only person he really hurt was himself. He died very young from an unknown congenital condition at the time, and likely could not have been saved, even if they had found out about it earlier. We just hadn't reached that point in medical technology back then. So maybe he knew something that he just didn't know how to understand.

Anyway, my mother was a nurse and she was very intuitive. She does not, and did not drink herself, and she didn't want her children drunk and defenseless out in the world, so she kept booze and beer in the house. Her rules where:
1. If you wanted a drink, you could have it without question, if is was after 6pm. She got off at 4 pm.
2. You had to let her know you were going to be drinking,
3. If you had a drink, you could not leave the house until morning.
4. You could not have a drink if one of your friends were in the house.
5. You could not give a drink to any one of your friends.
6. You had to have had your 16th birthday.

We all couldn't wait for our 16th birthday. Of course we all had to show off to our friends, and we had to celebrate our right of passage. She had her own little, "Was it worth it ritual?", she performed the following morning, but I would say it was very effective. I have 5 brothers and 4 sisters. Out of the 10 of us, only one brother and one sister has had a problem with alcohol. None of us have ever had a problem with drugs.

I honestly believe that access to drugs alone is not the problem with drugs and addiction. In fact, the taboo factor may actually being making the problems worse.

The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think
edit on 30-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join