It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn: Anyone with experience with non-corporeal entities!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm looking for opinions of others on an entity. I have already formed my own opinions, which I will reveal later, so as to not influence the thoughts of others on this subject.

Growing up, I lived in a small community about 20 minutes West of Baltimore, MD, called Ellicott City (well, I lived in the overbuilt new section, but the old town is small, and often called one of the most haunted towns on the East Coast). I had always been fascinated with the hauntings in historic Ellicott City, and had spent much time researching them. This deals with one supposed "haunting" there, of which I can find no record.

There is an old abandoned school building a few minutes outside of Ellicott City. It sits on a hilltop, and is only legally viewable from the climbing wall across the road from the school. Illegally, however, one can get to the grounds of the school up an overgrown old stone staircase. The grounds are guarded by someone hired by the county to protect the school. This groundskeeper has several watch dogs that can be rather... not nice... to trespassers, so all in all, it's a good idea not to attempt a close look or entry to the school building. I have always heard of this building referred to as "Hell House" because of the supposed hauntings there. Rumors of what the hauntings are range from all sorts of far-fetched tales of psycho killers getting loose from a nearby mental hospital, and killing students to satanic nuns (it was a catholic school) performing rituals in the basement and summoning demons who always went on murderous rampages. All of these tales end the same, though. The killings caused the abandonment of the school.

Upon further research into public record, I found that the school was actually old St. Mary's College, a women's university. The site was abandoned when the school built new facilities elsewhere, and the old facility was no longer needed. It was sold off to the county, and has since simply rotted from disuse.

However, being the inquisitive person I've always been, I decided to do a personal investigation of the site, and see if I could find out why the school had gotten it's reputation of being haunted.

It's no secret that local kids, claiming to be of a satanic cult have practiced there (especially on halloween) because of the rumors. Bored rich kids often will turn to things of this nature to escape their lives.

I've always been rather empathic and attuned to the energy given off from spirits, ghosts, and non-coporeal entities, so I decided to use my skills in this arena to try and discern more about the area. What I found was rather interesting, and perhaps a little frightening.

I'll start from the fringes, and work my way into the building. There's railroad tracks that run past the site (part of the B&O railroad system). I often walked along these tracks, since I've always found the wilderness peaceful and relaxing. When I decided to research "Hell House" a little more closely, I walked down the tracks much closer to the site than I ever had before. Eventually I came to an area where I felt I couldn't walk any further. After trying to make heads or tails of this unseen barrier for a little while, I was greeted by a rather strong woodland spirit... a guardian. He said he was the one who put up barriers against people of my talents. There were two reasons for the barrier. The first was to keep what was on the other side of it contained to that area, and the second was to keep people like myself, who could potentially make this "caged entity" stronger, out.

After several visits with this guardian spirit, he finally began to trust that I was on his side, and let me pass. What I found on the other side of the barrier was quite disturbing to me, and the reason for this post.

I first felt an energy, that while initially feeling quite evil, still had a sense about it that wasn't quite right... as though it wasn't natural. At first, that was enough to make me high tail it out of the area, and not return for several months. After the time away from the area, much of it spent contemplating what I had sensed there, I finally decided to return. I took the direct approach up to the site, up the stairs (I was never really afraid of the dogs, since I've never met a canine I couldn't make friends with). Once I got to the top of the stairs, I saw the face of the school, in all it's glory, bright with the afternoon sun. However, in all the serene beauty of the building, that sensation hit me again..... evil... unnatural evil. Even though the feeling was there, I was unable to focus in on any particular entity that might have been causing the feeling. I decided to return at night.

A few nights later, I finally returned to the spot, and the feeling hit me even before I was close to the building. I was alone, for fortunately, I didn't have to worry about creeping out any friends that might have come along. I approached the base of the stairs, and caught a shadow out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, and off in the treeline, I could barely make out a shadow, roughly human sized and shaped. I felt a sensation of unnatural evil coming from it, but not nearly the strong feeling I had felt earlier. I attempted contact with it... seeing if it might offer anything useful, but instead it just dissipated into the trees. I proceeded up the stairs, knowing that I was being watched. About halfway up the stairs, I felt that strong sensation of unnatural evil, and noticed that I was being watched from all sides by entites similar to the first. It wasn't them, however, that the main sensation was radiating from. The big sensation was ratiating from the building itself. As I looked towards the building, that's when I saw it. A massive shape sort of phasing into the building. I could tell that parts of it were protruding forth from the building everywhere, but the only body part that I could make out was the head..... large horns, huge mouth.... and eyes.... the eyes seemed to be trying to pierce my every being. That's when I heard the whisper..... "come forth... I wish to know you..."

I figured at that point that it was probably best if I wasn't there in person any longer. Any future visits to this place would have to be spirit projections, when I'm better able to fully use my abilities for protection and combat, if needed. I quickly made my way from the place.

A few nights later, I decided to visit again, only in spirit form this time. As my spirit appeared in front of the building, I was almost immediately greeted by this entity again, inviting me inside. Being fully protected to the best of my abilities, I agreed to enter. Upon entering the building, the entity was gone, though I could still feel him. I searched through the building for a while, and finally was able to locate him, just as I was about to leave, in the main foyer / great hall area of the building. He rose to full height before me, actually bending to clear his head of the third floor ceiling, and spoke: "You have come seeking me. I wish to know who you are, and your purpose here." I replied with "Naught but research. I have heard tales of this place, and only wish to see them for myself."

Well, since this is already getting pretty long, I'll try and be brief with the remainder of this story. It was revealed to me that this entity is not of a natural origin (I do include the known realms of the supernatural when I refer to natural). He was truly evil, but somehow corrupted... not a pure evil, but corrupted by something much worse. He said that he was summoned by lessers of his kind, who were in turn summoned by lessers of their kind, and so on, for roughly four "generations."

There's thousands of these "corrupted evil" entities in this area, and not all are confined, though this central figure does appear to be the most powerful, and certainly the most confined.

Anyway, over the course of a few more visits to this location, I have had many confrontations with this entity, some violent. His lessers seem to locate me whereever I go (I've moved a good 5 times since making my first contact with this entity). I've been attacked several times by entities of this ilk, although they always seem interested, not in destroying my soul, but bringing me to the central entity.

As I said, this entity is not natural in origin, and I think is somehow corrupted by outside forces, be it a miscast magic by one of the "satan worshippers" known to practice at this place, or by other means of which I have yet to divine.

I post this because as of last night, I was visited by him again. Actually by him, this time.... or a projection of him at least. This is the first time in this house (I think it has a lot to do with my mundane life being so hectic that I haven't had much time to practice, and therefore put myself on the "spiritual map" so to speak). As I was dealing with another entity that has been with me for quite some time, I felt his prescence outside (this house is heavilly sheilded, and rather impenetrable to entites that I do not allow in). He was there... just watching. I feel another encounter with him is inevitable at this point, and I'm just wondering if anyone else out there might have had contact with an entity such as this, or if this one appears to be unique. If you have had experience with something like this, please let me know, since I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject.

Finally, I said I have theories on this entity. If any of you want to compare notes regarding this, please feel free to ask.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Sorry, I dont know anything about that kind of thing.
I just wanted to compliment you on your word usage "Non-corporeal".
You are the only person whom I have seen that has used the more scientific term.
Thats all.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
You are the only person whom I have seen that has used the more scientific term.

I've always used the term (at least since I gained a little experience in the field) to describe an entity that has never existed in mortal form. Essentially, a spirit that has never had an existence in this plane, besides possibly a short manifestation. One that was never born as flesh and blood. Typically, I'll lump demons, angels, dieties, and other such entities into this group.

Thank you for the compliment.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
makes for quite an interesting read, but likewise i am not an expert in the afore-mentioned 'field'. would love to see some pics of the school tho, google isnt being helpful.

dunno bout the rest of you guys, but im a sucker for these types of stories.
(hopefully this reply wont be completely useless
here to hoping this thread attracts people with similar experiences.)

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hiya!

I have no experience with anything you have talked about but it seems very interesting. Worse than pure evil? How does that work? Would it be ok if you would speak more about this 'entity' you have encountered? Thanks in advance, and good luck with it all,

- Nazgarn

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by painkiller
would love to see some pics of the school tho

Well, here's a few links to further information regarding the school.

www.marylandghosts.com... (The first story there is about the school - the haunting information is incorrect)

fliee.tripod.com... This is pictures of the site after it burned down a few years ago (suspected arson). There's a good photograph of the stairs here as well. The information provided is a little different from what I've found in the public record, but nonetheless, the photos are of the site.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
Hiya!

I have no experience with anything you have talked about but it seems very interesting. Worse than pure evil? How does that work? Would it be ok if you would speak more about this 'entity' you have encountered? Thanks in advance, and good luck with it all,

- Nazgarn

I didn't say pure evil.... I've never been one to believe in pure evil. It's evil on the scale of something like Xastur the Unspeakable or Azogthoth... essentially as evil as you can get, but with a taint of corruption about it that seems to defy nature.

Before I say anything about my opinions on the origins or motives of this entity, I do want to see if anyone with knowledge of the subject replies first. I'm withholding my own opinions so as to not taint the opinions of others.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Originally posted by painkiller
would love to see some pics of the school tho

Well, here's a few links to further information regarding the school.

www.marylandghosts.com... (The first story there is about the school - the haunting information is incorrect)

fliee.tripod.com... This is pictures of the site after it burned down a few years ago (suspected arson). There's a good photograph of the stairs here as well. The information provided is a little different from what I've found in the public record, but nonetheless, the photos are of the site.

thnks for the links

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Hiya!

- Nazgarn

I didn't say pure evil.... I've never been one to believe in pure evil. It's evil on the scale of something like Xastur the Unspeakable or Azogthoth... essentially as evil as you can get, but with a taint of corruption about it that seems to defy nature.

Before I say anything about my opinions on the origins or motives of this entity, I do want to see if anyone with knowledge of the subject replies first. I'm withholding my own opinions so as to not taint the opinions of others.

He was truly evil, but somehow corrupted... not a pure evil, but corrupted by something much worse.

Sorry was just confused about that statement, I should of quoted it. Thanks for the info on the school

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I should note on here that extensive research regaring information on the hauntings at this site has yeilded information that is usually wildly varied, none matching my experiences there, and most deviate from the public record available on the site. Most haunting sites regarding Maryland / Howard County / Ellicott City don't even mention this location, as the hauntings there are not of a sort that would be evident to most causal, or even non-adept ghost hunters.

The only real corroboration I have as to my experiences there are the experiences of several of my closer, also sensitive, friends that I have taken to the site, one of which has come to me about being pursued by entites from this location.

I wouldn't necessarily chalk this up to "conspiracy theory," but rather ignorance based on incapability to experience.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Very interesting story obsidian. The pictures of the school from the links you have provided looked very creepy- like something out of resident evil! I have a few questions....

You describe your self as a person with 'talents' what are you capable of?

The school seems to be very well protected doesnt it? it has both a spiritual guardian and a physical protecter (caretaker with the dogs) this must be something significant to have such protection. I am afraid i cannot help you with your main question about what the main entity may be from my own knowledge and experience, however, in answering the following questions perhaps i can be of help.

Concerning the spiritual guardian, surely he must have great knowledge on the main entity in order to guard people against it, why didnt you ask him?

From the link with the pictures it states that official records show

An old priest in a bout of insainity hung five girls facing each other in the points of the pentagram, and then shot himself

This sounds like a summoning to me and since the act was so evil the demon or 'entity' would presumable also be very powerful and evil. Perhaps you could investigate summonings to help get more information.

When you confronted the entity what was the conversation like? can you include more detail please? did the entity tempt you? did it ask you to release it?

Lastly either the entity has got more powerful in order to leave his prison or the spiritual guardian has died/switched sides, are you worried about the consequences, what could happen?

And as for information on demons/entities i remember reading over various types of demons and lesser demons on the following siteJoy of Satan

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Sorry, I dont know anything about that kind of thing.
Thats all.

Actualy, 'corporeal' is often used. Non-corporeal is not often used.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why would it be guarded?

A wonderful and interesting story to read. But I've never come across a 'good' energy that will change it's mind. They are more intelligent than us (grasping more of what we can't grasp yet - and they can live in the present both past presant and future. You just can't trick or hide anything from them).
I had many thoughts cross my mind as I read the post.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
You describe your self as a person with 'talents' what are you capable of?

I'm highly empathic. I'm well attuned to spiritual energy. I am a medium of sorts. I am also skilled in the channelling, direction, and conversion of natural energies.

The school seems to be very well protected doesnt it? it has both a spiritual guardian and a physical protecter (caretaker with the dogs) this must be something significant to have such protection.

According to public record, there has been a caretaker living on the site since the property fell into the hands of the county for the simple purpose of keeping people out of the area. Abandoned buildings, especially old ones, do tend to have rotted floors and the such, and can be dangerous. The caretaker is there for completely mundane reasons.

Concerning the spiritual guardian, surely he must have great knowledge on the main entity in order to guard people against it, why didnt you ask him?

The guardian spirit is a nature guardian. He has been in the area far longer than I can comprehend. His existence there pre-dates the school, or any other man-made structures within the area. His interest is in keeping the wilderness area natural. He barred off this area upon sensing the entity within the school, since it's unnatural nature quite frankly bothered him, and he thought it best to keep this entity contained, rather than risk corruption of the wilderness area (much of the surrounding area is part of Potapsco State Park, and technically, the school sits on park land). The gurdian spirit doesn't know all too much about the origins of this other entity, however has dealt with this particular one enough times, before it gained strength, to learn how to keep it confined. There may be more that he knows about this entity that he is not willing to share, perhaps for the safety of the wilderness area he is there to protect. I have not spoken to this guardian spirit in roughly 4 years, since I moved out of the immediate area.

From the link with the pictures it states that official records show

An old priest in a bout of insainity hung five girls facing each other in the points of the pentagram, and then shot himself

This sounds like a summoning to me and since the act was so evil the demon or 'entity' would presumable also be very powerful and evil. Perhaps you could investigate summonings to help get more information.

In my extensive search of public records through many branches of the county library, I have not been able to find any corroboration of this story. The site that mentions that information has a lot of other disinformation, and I think that is simply another of the urban legends surrounding the area, trumped up a bit to sound more believable. Just one "for instance" about of other misinformation on the site - the author states that it was an all male college. I've seen in several different public records that it was in fact and all female college. The author of the site also never mentions the name of the school, which happens to be St. Mary's College, and is easilly located in the public record.

When you confronted the entity what was the conversation like? can you include more detail please? did the entity tempt you? did it ask you to release it?

Initially, this entity seemed more interested in me than anything else (I have some interesting ancestors, in a spiritual sense, so it's not uncommon for me to be contacted by entities that are interested in me). However, in all of his interest in me, there was always a sense of nervousness from him. As if he knew or sensed something about me that scared him. He seemed to be mainly trying to learn all he could of me, and then scare me away from further contacting him. When I wasn't afraid of him, and kept coming back to visit, I think he decided that if he couldn't scare me off, he'd try and harm me so that I'd be hesitant to come back. I think it was my 5th or 6th visit to him (OOB visits) where he simply outright attacked me. The fight was fierce, but brief, and ultimately it was he who lost, though just barely. After that, I didn't sense him all too often, and was starting to think that he had finally left... though I never got too comfortable in that thought, since I could always sense his lessers watching me. His lessers always watched, but never attacked or interfered... whether by his command or from fear of me, I'm still not sure.

In all of the encounters I've had with him, he's never tempted me or asked for release. Perhaps he knew that I had an ally in the nature guardian who had confined him there in the first place, or perhaps he knew that I wouldn't give in to him so easilly, and that it wasn't worth the effort to try.

Since the battle with him, I've been by the site a few times in person, just to check up on him - I was always heavilly shielded, trying to cloak my presence from him. For about a year after the battle, I wasn't really able to sense him, but after that, I knew he was still there. Typically, I'd just sense him, but occasionally, I would see him. I could tell that he was growing in strength, but I could also feel that the barrier that contained him also had grown in strength proportionately - perhaps other guardians had been called in to contain him.

Lastly either the entity has got more powerful in order to leave his prison or the spiritual guardian has died/switched sides, are you worried about the consequences, what could happen?

The entity is certainly much more powerful than he was when I first discovered him. The manifestation of him that I sensed outside the other night was far weaker than I had ever sensed him, which leads me to believe that it was a projection of himself, rather than actually him. It's possible that he's found a way to sort of curcumvent the barriers (as I said, his lessers, the ones that don't really post any sort of threat, are able to pass freely - perhaps he's exploited that). I know the guardian spirit is still there, as I can still sense him. I have a bit of a bond with him after asking for his help at one point - he lent me a bit of his energy in order to help protect me, and since, we've had a bond. As far as switching sides, I highly doubt it. With all of his strength, the guardian spirit was put there for one purpose - to protect the wilderness. There is no switching sides for him. He fails in his duties, he fails to exist.

As far as the potential consequences, yes, they do worry me. If ever this entity was able to escape, I don't know what sort of havoc he could reap. I do know that his soul cannot be consumed or destroyed by normal means (although I do have a theory on how to destroy him, yet I would need quite a bit of assistance in order to do it - I'm not strong enough on my own). I fear that if he has found a way to circumvent the barrier and send forth a projection of himself, it's only a matter of time before he figures out how to circumvent it altogether (once water finds a path through stone, it's only a matter of time before a chasm is formed).

And as for information on demons/entities i remember reading over various types of demons and lesser demons on the following siteJoy of Satan

I don't know that he is necessarily a demon, per se. I wouldn't lump him in that category, but rather a manifestation of energy - a beast formed through a focus of energy over time at a particular location.

My theory onhis creation is actually fairly simple. As I said in my initial post, it's no secret that self proclaimed "Satan Worshippers" practice there. Knowing the occult playing ground of the area like I do, most of these "Satanists" really aren't Satanists in the true sense of the word. Rather, they are a bunch of kids/teenagers (and possibly adults) who gather just to see if they can summon something. Many are probably at least mildly adept with spiritual energy, but none really know what they're doing. You know, they know "enough to be dangerous." Anyway, over their years of practice at this site, and summoning ritual upon summoning ritual, they finally "got lucky." Each time a summoning ritual is performed, whether it's successful or not, it leaves a concentration of energy at the site of the summoning. Over the years, the buildup of energy, perhaps combined with a mildly successful summoning, acutally created something. The energy there, however, was corrupted... perhaps with naievity, perhaps with alcohol and drugs, whatever. Either way, a lesser entity was summoned at the site. I think that once the lesser entity was summoned, it started summoning/creating more of the same, but since the corruption existed in the energy that makes them up, the more they summoned, the more concentrated the corruption in the energy became. Once there was enough lessers, they summoned or created a more powerful entity, and so on and so forth, until this central entity was summoned. This is just theory, and not to be taken as fact, but given my experience with the location and its occupants, it seems the most probable. Frankly, I'll probably never really know the truth unless one just decides to come up and say to me, "Hey, guess what, here's how we came into being...", and that's just not real likely. Not knowing the orgins of these entities has somewhat hindered my ability to combat them, which is why I'm here on this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Why would it be guarded?

The site or the entity? The only guarding of the site is by the caretaker, and he's just as human as the rest of us. He's simply there to keep people from getting hurt in an abandoned building. The entity, on the other hand, I don't think has any real tie to the site itself, besides that being his summoning point. The guardian spirit's task is to protect the wilderness area - an agent of Gaia, if you will - to keep the wilderness wild, and to try and prevent human or spiritual encroachment that might upset the balance. Railroad tracks don't cut away too much of the wilderness, and the effect of them being there aren't enough to upset the balance. He has confined this other entity to the site, however, because he feels that if this entity could roam free, the balance could be vastly upset. Guardian sprits exist everywhere. They're sort of the "police force of the universe." Typically, they don't really guard anything... just watch and keep tabs. Most often, even those as sensitive to spiritual energy as I am won't even notice them in an area. They don't like to present themselves unless they have to.

A wonderful and interesting story to read. But I've never come across a 'good' energy that will change it's mind. They are more intelligent than us (grasping more of what we can't grasp yet - and they can live in the present both past presant and future. You just can't trick or hide anything from them).

I have encountered good spirits that will change sides. I have not, however, ever experienced or heard of a guardian spirit failing in his duties to guard and continuing to exist. Guarding their areas is their sole purpose for creation, and if they fail to uphold their duties, then they have no reason for existence, and will typically cease to exist.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have no idea about any of this stuff. However if people have Summoned some Evil Entity is it not possible to Summon a Good Entity which can help you fight and destroy/confine/send back the evil one?

Also when you say it seems corrupt what do you mean? What would the diffrence between corupt evil and uncorupt evil be?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shinji
I have no idea about any of this stuff. However if people have Summoned some Evil Entity is it not possible to Summon a Good Entity which can help you fight and destroy/confine/send back the evil one?

I've been in touch with some of the strongest good entities that I'm aware of, and many of them are at a loss on this particular entity as well.. trust me, I've tried.

Also when you say it seems corrupt what do you mean? What would the diffrence between corupt evil and uncorupt evil be?

As I said in a prior post, the corruption is such that it seems to be an unnaturally occuring entity... as though it wasn't created through natural and normal summoning/creation. There's some sort of other "element" to the entity that seems, for lack of a better term, impossible.

If it wasn't for this other element, taking care of this entity would be no real problem. I have plenty of powerful allies in the otherworld. Typical means of banishment/destruction don't work on this entity however. I've tried several things that have banished far more powerful creatures to no avail.

The only idea I have left is rather extreme (it kind of strikes me as being akin to using a nuke to get rid of a fly), and the spiritual consequences for using this method are severe, to say the least. I won't go into the details of how it's done (I've used the method before, on a much smaller scale), but in essence, the technique is used to create a spiritually and macgically dead region, in which nothing except the mundane can exist. Just in describing the results of the technique, one can imagine the type of side effects and consequences that could also result. The method of doing this is also somewhat unpredictable, and could result in either a failed attempt (which could lead to other "very bad things") or possibly an overly effective result, which could have the effect of destroying a lot more than just the intended target. Putting it in leymans terms, imagine handing an untested nuclear bomb to a caveman, along with the detonator unit, and letting him figure it out. There's no telling what would happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
*bump*

Just curious about the current circumstances pertaining to this situation. Update would be awesome
. Hope everything is alright.

- Nazgarn

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

*bump*

Just curious about the current circumstances pertaining to this situation. Update would be awesome
. Hope everything is alright.

- Nazgarn

As of right now, I've had too many other things in the mundane world to worry about (such as the drunk totalling my truck when I was at work today). I've always been gifted with the ability to shut off my sensitivity to the paranormal at will, and therefore have been ignoring the situation. Apparently nothing partucularly interesting has happened in the past few days, since none of the spirits that walk with me have informed me of anything (they have an uncanny ability to alert me to paranormal events, even when I am ignoring the paranormal world). Where I last left it was when I ordered the spirit bound into my psychic shield (he was bound willingly - he's not a prisoner, and free to leave if he so chooses) to deal with the situation, and to alert me if anything else wierd happened. At present, I haven't heard anything.

I'll certainly post again, if and when anything new arises.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by obsidian468]

top topics

join