It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand crank or solar powered charger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Hi, I didn't think about what to power, but for my case, I was thinking a couple of lights and a laptop.

Why a laptop?

If just as an info archive, an e-reader that is solar powered is its own solution.

As for lights...why? Post SHTF...better to be SLEEPING after dark....
edit on 30-1-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

Thanks, that's a good idea, the way I imagine it seems like quite a bright light too.

a reply to: Gazrok

I was thinking that it would be bright, but you make a point, but fear of the dark maybe.
The laptop is for games mainly, or maybe I may miss it?
edit on 31-1-2017 by ThinkingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You could built one yourself

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: Gazrok

As for lights...why? Post SHTF...better to be SLEEPING after dark....

Chickens. That's why.

Chickens lay the most eggs with 14 hours of bright light. Once light dips below 11 hours, they begin decreasing output; with 10 hours causing them to stop laying altogether. It is how the chickens' pituitary gland judge when midsummer is--- that's when they can produce the next generation before it turns cold.

A light for the total 14 hrs doesn't hurt them, it just triples your annual egg production. That's all.

Then there's the chores that need doing before sunnup.

If you are going to cook breakfast for your people, and you are gonna use logs, you need to get the fire going again, about an hour before the start of cooktime, if you are cooking over and open fire. Sure you can plan out your wood supply the night before, and have it right there.... but you always seem to run out of your stockpile right when you need it most.

The danger of varmints (four-legged or two) is mostly directed at your weakest team/family members, and usually at night. So yeah, light in the darkness.
edit on 1/2/2017 by redempsh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join