It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNSECURED. Spicer Tweets Passwords and Trump Team Uses Private Server

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In a previous ATS thread,by Painterz, it was noted Sean Spicer tweeted his Twitter account password twice. He meant to DM, but he sent to all.

Sean Spicer Apparently tweets Password

2 times on Jan 25 and 26.

some had an explanation for this absurd tweet and said that Spicer might be using Cloudhopper, a SMS-to-tweet service, suggesting that he might be sending this text to someone from his phone which appeared on Twitter by mistake. Some joked that it’s not even a week in the White House and President Donald Trump’s administration couldn’t keep themselves from committing “stupid mistakes”.

It gets worse.

Trump's Most Senior Staff Uses a Private Email Server

What does this mean?

Donald Trump's senior White House staff including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all use a private RNC email server, according to a Newsweek report published Wednesday. This is the same RNC email server that mysteriously disappeared 22 million messages during George W Bush's administration and the one that US intelligence services believe was compromised by the Russians at the same time as the DNC's, earlier this year.

They use the private server for EVERYTHING.

Interesting. Is it illegal?

Not technically. It is rnch.org The point is to separate one's official WH mail from Party mail.

However,

The George W Bush administration was actually sued in 2007 by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) after 22 million such private emails never made it to the government and simply disappeared.

Of course, given how hard the Trump campaign hammered Clinton of her own use of a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State, this is not a good look.

Donald Trump's senior White House staff including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all use a private RNC email server, according to a Newsweek report published Wednesday.

Newsweek

Pot or multi pots, meet kettle.

I am sure the deluded will defend this. I expect it.

edit on 29-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well pull up a chair, grab a beer and put on the popcorn, I can't wait to see the Olympic-level gymnastics that are going to come about to defend the president using a private server.

Like his former opponent did.

Though I am very serious in wanting to know how Clinton's use was not acceptable, but Trump's use is.
edit on 1/29/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
hillarys use was ok but trumps ain't :/ lol .....

least he probs has decent security on his unlike the witch .....

+48 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The issue with Hillary's server was that she had classified docs on it.

You just don't get it....

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So it was OK for HRC or it is not OK for Trump?

I mean that's what your saying.

Separate issue. Is the server above FOIA?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Though I am very serious in wanting to know how Clinton's use was not acceptable, but Trump's use is.

As am I. I see an avalanche of defense coming. I will be away a couple minutes while microwaving popcorn.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

you are one of the deluded. Because you have never argued against anything or for anything that would make your character more dimensions than a party platform. Just saying.

BUT I will not defend this. "well they did it my guy is good" I don't play those games.

I am no pot and no kettle because I call them both as best as I can see them.

thank you for the heads up.

I hope we learn more about this.

And they better freaking not be putting Secret and Top secret and Abovetopsecret info on that server.

every time I look up it's more and more like I'm in a weird dream.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: robbeh
hillarys use was ok but trumps ain't :/ lol .....

least he probs has decent security on his unlike the witch .....

Was one ok? Both? None?

We already know Trump's team lacks some decent security. NEXT.

link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

The issue with Hillary's server was that she had classified docs on it.

You just don't get it....

And they don't?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So it was OK for HRC or it is not OK for Trump?

I mean that's what your saying.

Separate issue. Is the server above FOIA?

Neither is. But it was horrible for Clinton, so it must be horrible for Trump. No?

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They're allowed to use a private server, just not transmit sensitive or classified data through it, unlike what's-her-face.

Trump’s staff is using a private email server, and that’s totally legal

The act of using the service in and of itself is not a crime, and is typically looked upon as a beneficial organizational tool so that staffers can separate emails related to government affairs from those of a personal nature.

As Newsweek points out, if the email accounts are being utilized for government work they would be subject to a law known as the “Disclosure Requirement For Official Business Conducted Using Electronic Messaging Accounts.”

It’s a long name, but the law basically states that any official information being exchanged on the private servers must be copied over or forwarded to the government within a period of 20 days. Failure to do so is a crime.

edit on 29-1-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

you are one of the deluded. Because you have never argued against anything or for anything that would make your character more dimensions than a party platform. Just saying.

You are incorrect on that and that is extremely insulting. As well as being not correct. I have never said that about you.

+10 more 
link   

Is there classified documents on it? Can you prove it for Trump like it was proven about HRC?

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra
In a previous ATS thread,by Painterz, it was noted Sean Spicer tweeted his Twitter account password twice. He meant to DM, but he sent to all.

Sean Spicer Apparently tweets Password

2 times on Jan 25 and 26.

some had an explanation for this absurd tweet and said that Spicer might be using Cloudhopper, a SMS-to-tweet service, suggesting that he might be sending this text to someone from his phone which appeared on Twitter by mistake. Some joked that it’s not even a week in the White House and President Donald Trump’s administration couldn’t keep themselves from committing “stupid mistakes”.

It gets worse.

Trump's Most Senior Staff Uses a Private Email Server

What does this mean?

Donald Trump's senior White House staff including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all use a private RNC email server, according to a Newsweek report published Wednesday. This is the same RNC email server that mysteriously disappeared 22 million messages during George W Bush's administration and the one that US intelligence services believe was compromised by the Russians at the same time as the DNC's, earlier this year.

They use the private server for EVERYTHING.

Interesting. Is it illegal?

Not technically. It is rnch.org The point is to separate one's official WH mail from Party mail.

However,

The George W Bush administration was actually sued in 2007 by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) after 22 million such private emails never made it to the government and simply disappeared.

Of course, given how hard the Trump campaign hammered Clinton of her own use of a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State, this is not a good look.

Donald Trump's senior White House staff including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all use a private RNC email server, according to a Newsweek report published Wednesday.

Newsweek

Pot or multi pots, meet kettle.

I am sure the deluded will defend this. I expect it.

LOL...OK, so first has it been proven they were passwords, and second...maybe read the links in your own source...

Newsweek:
newsweek

administration staffers, including Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon, had until Wednesday active accounts on a Republican National Committee (RNC) email system, Newsweek has learned.

So no...they don't use a private email server....feel free to read the rest of the actual article without cherry picking things you want to see...like the author from your source.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Their allowed to use a private server, just not transmit sensitive or classified data through it, unlike what's-her-face.

Trump’s staff is using a private email server, and that’s totally legal

The act of using the service in and of itself is not a crime, and is typically looked upon as a beneficial organizational tool so that staffers can separate emails related to government affairs from those of a personal nature.

As Newsweek points out, if the email accounts are being utilized for government work they would be subject to a law known as the “Disclosure Requirement For Official Business Conducted Using Electronic Messaging Accounts.”

It’s a long name, but the law basically states that any official information being exchanged on the private servers must be copied over or forwarded to the government within a period of 20 days. Failure to do so is a crime.

So they are not TRANSMITTING from it and YOU know this. Wow, you are so close to the team, can I get your autograph?

link   

define decent security then coz ur mate hillary should be taking lessons from u oh wise one ! .....

+19 more 
link   

I expect legitimate threads from you, Relda. You do know the difference between "political" email accounts and "executive" email accounts, right?

Saying they use it for "everything" is not stated in your source article. Did you make that up?

And the RNC server was NOT compromised. Period.

Keep trying.

link   

if it is the SAME server that the bush admin used it is OUTDATED and needs to be out of service
if it is a rnc server it is private and not subject to public record just like the dnc server that got hacked

that said if there are ANY secure comms going on with respect to a NON SECURE system IT IS UNACCEPTABLE

show me ANY evidence of secure info passed on this server and i will back you 100% relda

i dont think you will be able to

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I hadn't read the article yet I just assumed reldra wasn't one of those posters who doesn't fully read. Biased sure, but a smart person..

Too bad.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Is there classified documents on it? Can you prove it for Trump like it was proven about HRC?

The main point was the insecurity of a private server.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join