It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's ban on Muslims: British dual citizens WILL now be allowed to travel to the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Try this

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

That is quite the opposite of 'better to be safe than sorry.'

I agree with you here Reldra. However this quote more pertains to the right leaning.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
So should we deport every child of an illegal alien? They wouldn't be here if their parents would have never snuck in right?

Yup, deport them. Wouldn't they want to be with their parents?

Changed my post to the way it should have been written. Should they have to go home if one of their parents is illegal and the other is not?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So should we deport every child of an illegal alien? They wouldn't be here if their parents would have never snuck in right?

Changed my post to the way it should have been written. Should they have to go home if one of their parents is illegal and the other is not?

The law is if you have at least one parent that is a legal U.S. citizen then you are also a citizen. So, no they shouldn't have to be deported in that situation.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The immigration system is broken.

The reason they chose these particular Countries,

Were placed on a State Sponsors of terror list by President Obama.

So, if you don't like this list...Blame President Obama.

I'm sick and tired of taking my shoes off...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Atleast Trumo is taking action in trying to stop people that have no business being in our country, but I also think he did it in a too rash, and wrong way. I think all future immigrants that dont plan on obtaining citizenship, or paying usa taxes to live in america that have not been cleared by the cia should be deported, and stay on thier side of the planets geographical area. Yeah what Trump did was questionable and messy, but it's a start.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller
Atleast Trumo is taking action in trying to stop people that have no business being in our country, but I also think he did it in a too rash, and wrong way. I think all future immigrants that dont plan on obtaining citizenship, or paying usa taxes to live in america that have not been cleared by the cia should be deported, and stay on thier side of the planets geographical area. Yeah what Trump did was questionable and messy, but it's a start.

In truth no its not a start it was just a very bad idea. Lets face it if a terrorist wants to enter instead of using a passport from Syria he would just get one from say Saudi Arabia. He quite frankly acted without thinking and that's wy we have the Visa problem. It never occurred to him or his staff that his ban also effected people entering on a visa. I think he screwed up and only meant to include new applications until they can figure a way to vet the applicant's. The reason the states were on Obamas list was we have no communication with these governments and cant verify any information from these countries. This makes vetting difficult but not impossible it just takes a lot longer than normal.

And this article makes no sense there was never a ban of UK citizens so as long as they used there passport they would be fine.
edit on 1/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

In truth no its not a start it was just a very bad idea. Lets face it if a terrorist wants to enter instead of using a passport from Syria he would just get one from say Saudi Arabia. He quite frankly acted without thinking and that's wy we have the Visa problem. It never occurred to him or his staff that his ban also effected people entering on a visa. I think he screwed up and only meant to include new applications until they can figure a way to vet the applicant's. The reason the states were on Obamas list was we have no communication with these governments and cant verify any information from these countries. This makes vetting difficult but not impossible it just takes a lot longer than normal.

And this article makes no sense there was never a ban of UK citizens so as long as they used there passport they would be fine.

I absolutley agree.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If it were a list of bans based on radical fanaticism, I'd suggest SA should be on it.

I get the impression the bans are based on hotspots of terrorist activity today.

Doesn't make sense to include Saudi Arabia based off a 15 year old attack. Much less one that was coordinated on your own home turf.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

The law is if you have at least one parent that is a legal U.S. citizen then you are also a citizen. So, no they shouldn't have to be deported in that situation.

If you didn't understand that my post was pure sarcasm then I feel bad for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Britain has secured assurances from the White House that the vast majority of UK citizens will be exempted from Donald Trump's immigration ban.

If i'm not mistaken the vast majority of British Citizens "are" exempt from DT's Immigration ban anyway. So what's the new news. ?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Don't you think that with the UK being the worlds 1984 surveillance state dystopia #1 supreme, that there are surely massive files on every citizen over there (especially including potential Muslim terrorists)?

Now, you don't you think the US & UK's Special Ally Status would have anything to do with a fast decision on this? I suppose that sure would be "politics", but for some reason the reality with this point is it doesn't seem to carry the kind of connotation you seem to be implying.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

...but I also think he did it in a too rash, and wrong way...

That depends on what he is trying to achieve. It's actually in line with his approach in other matters - he wants X, so he starts by demanding Y and lets other "negotiate" him down to X, which is what he really wanted in the first place.

No matter what Trump would do, the left will complain and criticize him for going "too far". If he asked for X, they would throw a tantrum. By asking for Y instead, the left are too busy saying "Ahhh, well, X is reasonable but Y is too far!" to realize that what they've essentially done is provide their support for X, just as he wanted.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
People should stop spreading the liberal media's fake news calling this a ban on all Muslims.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
People should stop spreading the liberal media's fake news calling this a ban on all Muslims.

Should they stop spreading what Trump actually said when he was on the election campaign when he specifically called out banning all Muslims at least in the short term? He said it, why would it be fake news?

I think the main reason this is seen as a complete fudge is that he quotes (for example) what he calls the 'horrible mess' all over the world, specifically calling out Europe, but the fact is that the majority of the terror attacks in 2015-2016 were carried out by German and French nationals who had dual nationality. That means that if (big if, but I'm not the one spreading scare stories) such terrorists were to attempt entry into USA it would be from those countries and they would be using a French/German passport.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
London Embassy is now saying UK citizens with dual citizenship are banned and should not turn up for visa interviews or pay for visas.

It's shambolic. The story is changing by the hour because nobody in the White House seems to know what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If you didn't understand that my post was pure sarcasm then I feel bad for you.

Sarcasm isn't always picked up in text as most people on this site are acutely aware. You should use the /sarc or /sarcasm at the end when being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

How about no?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

How about no?

Well have fun having to make additional posts explaining that you were being sarcastic everytime you are sarcastic.....genius

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

How about no?

Well have fun having to make additional posts explaining that you were being sarcastic everytime you are sarcastic.....genius

I shouldn't have had to explain it was sarcasm.... anyone with common sense would know what I meant.... genius

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Not a great title.......a Dual British/ Pakistani Muslim is not banned. Or a DuAL French/Algerian Muslim. Or a Dual Indonesian/Indian Muslim. Hardly a Muslim ban.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join