It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's ban on Muslims: British dual citizens WILL now be allowed to travel to the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Britain has secured assurances from the White House that the vast majority of UK citizens will be exempted from Donald Trump's immigration ban.

Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, has been told by some of Donald Trump's closest advisers that British citizens will be allowed to continue to travel from the UK to the US.

It comes after the US president provoked a backlash after signing an executive order banning people from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from travelling to the US.

Donald Trump's ban on Muslims: British dual citizens WILL now be allowed to travel to the US after Boris Johnson lobbies president

On one level, this proves that the Trump administration is administering the ban based on politics. The story linked to above proves that without any doubt.

When people ask why Saudi Arabia was left off the list of countries that the ban applied to, up until now it seemed there was at least a chance that politics didn't play a role in the decision. Now we know with certainty that Trump is being motivated by politics when it comes to which countries will be included in reference to the ban.

I believe the Trump administration just opened up a huge can of worms. If British dual citizens are getting special treatment, what about dual citizens of every other first-world country?
edit on 29-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So should we deport every child of an illegal alien that has dual citizenship? They wouldn't be here if their parents would have never snuck in right?
edit on 30-1-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Question - How many Terrorists Attacks have happened in the U.S. since Mr. Trump became President ? Answer - None . " Better to be Safe than Sorry " is Not just a Cute Saying , People will Complain as Usual , but the Needs of the Many are More Important than the Few in a Free Society . This is Life in America Circa 2017 .

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Of course, EVERY country involved in 9/11 was left off that list. ODD.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Question - How many Terrorists Attacks have happened in the U.S. since Mr. Trump became President ? Answer - None . " Better to be Safe than Sorry " is Not just a Cute Saying , People will Complain as Usual , but the Needs of the Many are More Important than the Few in a Free Society . This is Life in America Circa 2017 .

The WHOLE couple weeks? We don't normally have terrorist attacks here.

Do you even live here?

As for that quote, I think we should look to Benjamin Franklin's quote more, it is most frequently used here.

'Better to be safe than sorry' is used when working in a manufacturing plant or using chemicals and choosing to put on goggles.

It is NOT a deeply held American expression in regard to our values.
edit on 30-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Try this

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

That is quite the opposite of 'better to be safe than sorry.'

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

While the Saudis should be on the list, it has more to do with current war zones.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

While the Saudis should be on the list, it has more to do with current war zones.

I meant countries, not just country. EVERY country involved in 9/11 is absent from that list. You should be able to name them.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well, I'm sure you're aware it's Obama's list. Trump just took it and put it into action.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I will answer: 15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt and Lebanon.

Experts told us no fatal attack has been attributed to nationals from those countries, but that there have been a few non-deadly acts by individuals from two of those countries.
that Trump put in the list.

[url=http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/29/jerrold-nadler/have-there-been-terrorist-attacks-post-911-countri/]Politifact[/url ]

Just TWO on Trump's list and no fatalities. That would be Iran and Somalia.

Trump left out the countries where terrorists actually caused US deaths on US soil came from.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Gobledeegook,change that to" a man who has to do what it takes to have his family survive deserves to have it."
Maybe?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Gobledeegook,change that to" a man who has to do what it takes to have his family survive deserves to have it."
Maybe?

No. That is a personal ideal. And a good one. Not an intrinsically American ideal.

NZ...New Zealand?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well, I'm sure you're aware it's Obama's list. Trump just took it and put it into action.

Obama's list of what? Obama would never have had this list for this lunacy. Yes, yes, I see temp bans on refusing people without Visas. but this ban is for people who have already been vetted, deeply vetted.

You see the protests, the airports. This has gone all wrong for Trump.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Obama's list of what? Obama would never have had this list for this lunacy. Yes, yes, I see temp bans on refusing people without Visas. but this ban is for people who have already been vetted, deeply vetted.

You see the protests, the airports. This has gone all wrong for Trump.

There are people wondering, that have current Visas/work Visas, if they leave, will they be let back in?

It is like a disaster movie.

The EO went out so hastily on a Friday, some law enforcement agencies thought it was for people with current Visas ALREADY HERE. Like at home, posting on ATS.

I am just so glad a judge was smart enough to hold it and the American people were fast enough to protest it and protest it, what Trump would call 'Bigly'.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I see you're unaware of the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I see you're unaware of the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015.

I am aware, it was gone over in a thread yesterday. NOT the same.

I think the poster had to be explained it wasn't the same about 20 times.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I believe the Trump administration just opened up a huge can of worms. If British dual citizens are getting special treatment, what about dual citizens of every other first-world country?

The last time I looked it was our country and we can say who comes here or not, so there is not some can of worms that would force us to allow everyone now....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

What does the British have to do with this being that that country is not on the ban list?

The reason Saudi Arabia has not been banned (yet) is because Trump used Obama's list of countries in which there was already some ground work done on. I'm sure Saudi Arabia will be in the ban club here shortly.

Also, your title is misleading, it isn't a ban on Muslim's, it is a ban on entire countries regardless of religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
So should we deport every child of an illegal alien? They wouldn't be here if their parents would have never snuck in right?

Yup, deport them. Wouldn't they want to be with their parents?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Of course, EVERY country involved in 9/11 was left off that list. ODD.

Well it was Obama's list after all. You know, the previous Muslim president.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join