It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come Some Hatred is Acceptable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw I have given the site administrator the information.
I don't have them. Please forward these too me via the U2U function. How did you attempt to communicate with us? I have nothing from you.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I don't have them. Please forward these too me via the U2U function.

I sent 2 U2U posts, and the rest were emails.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
americans have been hated just because we live in America. If anyone hates america we just have to respond that they hate us because we are the most powerful nation in the world and have been for the past 150 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold
we are the most powerful nation in the world and have been for the past 150 years.

Which history books you been reading

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold
americans have been hated just because we live in America. If anyone hates america we just have to respond that they hate us because we are the most powerful nation in the world and have been for the past 150 years.

The U.S. has really only been a superpower post World War II.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Which history books you been reading

We are the most powerful nation on this planet. People don't hate us for our power, they hate us for our freedom

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
We are the most powerful nation on this planet. People don't hate us for our power, they hate us for our freedom

I don't hate the US, what I hate is those in the US who keep saying 'The US is better than your country' or 'The only reason the world is free is because of the US'

We are the most powerful nation on this planet.

Depends on how you measure power.....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

'The only reason the world is free is because of the US'

The majority of the free nations on this globe are such because of the US

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Could you give a fair sized list please....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
are so arrogant. They don't know squat about any other countries, and they dont care to. It is all about the USA, like the world revolves around them. The USA is a baby country, not even a toddler yet, but its a baby with an attitude and a bazooka. imho

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry to burst any bubbles but you do realise that the Soviet Union had as great a part in the defeat of Nazism in WWII as the US.

The UK, Canada, Commonwealth, Australia, NZ etc not to mention the free forces of occupied countries like France and Poland and of course their resistance movements. They were all crucial to Hitlers defeat.

This is not an ungracious response to the US contribution, which was invaluable, but if you had truly stood alone the outcome may have been very different. It's that kind of ill informed jingoism that the rest of the world dislikes. When these statements are expressed you dismiss the sacrifice and bravery of half the world. That's arrogant.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
I'll buy RANT, Otts, or Bout Time a drink any time. They're well spoken and back their opinions up with fact.

Thankee, and right back at ya!

If anyone hates america we just have to respond that they hate us because we are the most powerful nation in the world and have been for the past 150 years.

There's nothing so infuriating for some than to hear that those who hate the U.S. do because "we have the power and others don't", or "they're jealous of our freedom". It sounds a bit too much like a whitewash, a blanket statement which absolves America of any fault of its own, and actually faults other countries instead.

I don't hate America or Americans; I wouldn't be dating one if I did. However, since I'm sometimes placed by some posters in that bunch of "America haters" because I happen to be a liberal and have a lot of issues with current American policies, I feel the need to say this... there is no such thing as a country which doesn't make mistakes or bad decisions. So criticizing a country's international policy - especially when that country's policy has an impact on your own country - is not showing hate, it's recognizing that no country on this earth is flawless. Furthermore, it is because America is the world's most powerful country, and has a say in so many things, that it is submitted to that much more scrutiny.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way... what I do find is that a good number of posters cast blanket statements on a variety of issues. Whether it's hating America, gays, France, liberals or Muslims, people have forgotten the art of NUANCE. I don't know why it happened, but we've slipped in a universe of right-vs-wrong, black-and-white, good-vs-bad, no exceptions allowed. If you're not this, then you're that. It's as though an intellectual laziness has fallen on us and we don't have the patience to seize the complexity of issues anymore.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Then why did you wait two whole years after Canada did to join in the effort to protect freedom by fighting in WWII? For two years, Canadians, Brits, Russians, etc. were dying while you twiddled your thumbs and stayed home. I am interested in your opinion on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Then why did you wait two whole years after Canada did to join in the effort to protect freedom by fighting in WWII? For two years, Canadians, Brits, Russians, etc. were dying while you twiddled your thumbs and stayed home. I am interested in your opinion on that.

that's such bull.sh.it.

how long did the stupid amer rednecks wait before they entered the war?
"ameriakans won wwii!!" ... (sigh)

your amerikan corporations were making money from the nazi regime while the jews were being exterminated!
...and for how long did they tell you to ignore it? ... "who cares about morality?" ... "go for the money!" ?!

death to all amers!

[edit on 1-30-2005 by echelon]

[edit on 30-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Whatever dude.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hate is part of human nature. So is ego. Humans tend to feel their opinion is the correct one, especially when they find others that think like they do. I am Christian and believe in my faith. I may not believe in Islam or other religions but I do not promote that they be destroyed. It is not for me to make that decision. Only God will determine what is right and wrong on judgement day. It is best that we learn tolerance of many differences in our world as all the hate talk does not accomplish anything but raise your own blood pressure.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Whatever dude.

The numbers are quite clear. WW2 began in '39, when Germany invaded poland- on september first, with France and the british commonwealth declaring war two days later.America entered it after the bombing of pearl harbor, which was december 7th, 1941. War was declared the next day. by the eleventh of december, they had also declared war on Japan's allies.

The history books show your thumb twiddling to be many, as was your profiteering.

Things like this drive people to 'hate' americans. I, myself, am none too fond of the all too common America-uber-alles attitude that I see all the time. For all the people the religious right demonizes (liberals, Muslims, your allies...) did you expect people to take it lying down?

DE

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Why ?? Because that's when Japan, Germany, and Italy declared war on them. It wasn't the choice of the USA to go to war. They didn't declare war on anyone during WW2.

Anyway, I think this thread has wandered miles off topic so I'm going to close it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join