It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in a mosque in Québec city

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
They confirmed, that the 2nd suspect called 911 to turn himself in.

Really?!

How bizarre.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I was agreeing with you. It's the Trump supporters that have been trying to distance him from any possible criticism that will claim this is anything other than motivated by anti-Muslim rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Something I find fascinating out of this whole debacle is the way many people especially in the U.S. have been programmed to always associate the word "Terrorism" with ONLY Muslims. When the Prime Minister announced this was an act of Terrorism last night many on Reddit, 4Chan, ATS and all the other countless forums and chat boards blew up assuming Muslim attack due to the social programming the word takes on because it is NEVER used to refer to White/Christians. People really have been conditioned. Very interesting how certain words have been ingrained in the populace at large.

originally posted by: PistolPete

I was agreeing with you. It's the Trump supporters that have been trying to distance him from any possible criticism that will claim this is anything other than motivated by anti-Muslim rhetoric.

The guy was a fan of the IDF, Trump, several right wing groups and more. Its all over his Facebook and Twitter pages. You should see how fast the Reddit group The_Donald is now in damage control because they were the main source spreading disinfo last night claiming it was everything from Syrian refugees who came last week to other nonsense.
edit on 30-1-2017 by unfor54k3n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Yes, I reread and was thinking that might be.
Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thanks.

you seem to be a local, might be able to answer a question, which I still don't really figure out:

Do you know the difference between "Sureté Quebécois" and "SPVQ_police"
is this like local police and state police?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: unfor54k3n

There was once a Time when East German Terrorists held that Honor during the Cold War , and their Targets were Usually of the Jewish Faith . Remember the Munich Olympic Games ?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yup, several members here were doing some real mental gymnastics , over the word's "terror attack"..confirmation bias prevents critical thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

NP
I'm on the other side of the country..sorry, I do not know the specific answer, but you are on the right track.
Could be city popo, and Provincial..fed police are generally RCMP.
Quebec is a bit different though sometimes.
The OP is local..he will know.
edit on 30-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Those poor Muslims! I feel sorry for them! We NEED to let thousands more into our country to protect them!

This thread has caused people to show their true colors.

A sarcastic joke at the expense of people who's bodies are barely cold to forward your biased agenda? Never seen such a thing...

I can make tasteless, sarcastic jokes too.

Let me know once your homeland is torn upside down and if you will accept the invite of a better life if offered to you and your family?

Stop playing the victim, be happy for what you have.

Many of us take it for granted and it can all be gone in a blink of an eye.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So much back peddling the planet gonna start spinning the other way.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, it looks like my potential scenario of inter-faith terror attack (Sunni vs Shia) might not be the cause. That is good news, as it means that the chance of inter-faith retaliation attacks are not a possibility now. I am not above admitting my piecing of the available information led to incorrect speculation. But then, that is how speculation works, isn't it? I never claimed it was definite, just a possibility. And that possibility has become a lot less probable as more information comes out. More lives might be safer knowing it's not going to result in any revenge attacks.

I still wonder this man's motivations and where he got the weapon(s) from to carry out this sick attack. Regardless of faith and someone's belief in religious dogma, attacking people while worshiping is unconscionable to most folks. I hope they get a peek into his psyche after all of this, and that the victims family's can somehow learn to get over this violent attack.

My thoughts to all those victimized both physically and mentally.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So looks to be a homegrown terrorist, and not a "POS refugee terrorist" like much of the crap I was seeing all over the internet earlier today. I wonder how many of them will be adult enough apologize for their #ty rhetoric and admit they are wrong? So far now all I am seeing are crickets and cries of false flags now. Pretty pathetic.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Tempter

Why does it have to be a false flag?..people just lose their sh#t sometimes in this pressure cooker world as of late.
Timing

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thank you for being a man..figuratively,,in case you are not

Guns are pretty common, you can own as many long guns as you want..no registration, handguns and semi auto rifles require a restricted permit..8 hr course, And you need to pass a safety course and background check to own any of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
SPVQ= Service Police Ville(city) Québec
SQ= Sureté Du Québec (Provincial Police)
SPVM= Service Police Ville(city) Montréal
pretty much all the police in this case
edit on 30-1-2017 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If it happened stateside..I could see the question, IMHO that is not what happened here.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thanks, that makes sense. I was confused because the 'local' police also uses the "P" which I did not know stands for "Province".

Correction after reading Dolby's Post: P stands for Police... Check his post above for all the involved Police

It seems, first the local police responded and tweeted, then the Sûreté took over (and tweeted).

Which is standard procedure.
edit on 30-1-2017 by svetlana84 because: corrected after reading another post

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
..... So far now all I am seeing are crickets and cries of false flags now. Pretty pathetic.

Some conspiracy theorist YOU ARE!

ha!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

If it happened stateside..I could see the question, IMHO that is not what happened here.

The CIA's mission is OUTSIDE the US. The FBI handles things inside. Why would an international operation surprise you?

Better yet, why does it have to be the CIA? Why couldn't this just be some psycho realizing how this would help the muslims and decided to go on the attack to further the globalist agenda? Just because it's a false flag doesn't mean it was well organized.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

yes the city police was first on the ground after a team of several police dep. make for terrorist act took the lead.
I think there is some RCMP involve in this to .
www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join