It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in a mosque in Québec city

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by SprocketUK removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Found this link on the Mosques webpage.
It's googles translation of French, so a bit garbled.

www.islamconversion.com...

The "Islam in everyone 'Association wishes to express
its condemnation of the murders that recently rocked the French capital.

We repudiate these acts, and drift, even though
they would be perpetrated in the name of Islam, or by people who claim.

We understand and feel about ourselves the shock and trauma
that acts of such violence have generated, but appeal to the vigilance of all,
to avoid amalgams and injustice, to refuse provocations
and reactions passionate that would lead only to regret.

We invite the French tendency of some denomination or whether,
to continue to promote dialogue, social harmony and above all,
to maintain hope in a peaceful and constructive society.
Peace and security are the prerequisites for a prosperous society.

This period is difficult but we will be able
to overcome this challenge and look to the future with optimism and hope.

Great Mosque of Quebec

edit on 30-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You underestimate Canadians,

If you piss a Canadian off, expect pay back lol.

Canadians are nice yes, but if you mess with them, ... I won't even go there....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I don't know who made this attack I have only skimmed over some posts...
But as I read the OP the first thing that came to my mind was that it was someone opposed to the Muslim presence but even more highly opposed to Trudeau welcoming more of those turned away by Trump...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Why would Syrian refugees attack a mosque and yell "Allah Akbar"?

This is the bit that's confusing me and a question I am surprised I haven't seen asked until now (in truth I was catching up with the thread and about to ask it myself).

I guess (and this is nothing more than a guess) that it's possible the 'brothers' (how they were described in the video) who setup the breakaway Mosque because they felt the one attacked was too moderate, could have attacked their former Mosque for being weak but that doesn't seem right at all.

I'd kind of understand if it was retribution for some Extremist attack elsewhere (I say understand, I'll never understand the desire to deprive someone else if their life because of the imaginary friends they keep).

Of course, one thing I hadn't considered is the fact that Daesh are believed to kill more Muslims than they do Christians, if these attackers were affiliated with Daesh then perhaps they carried this out in accordance with thier religious war...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I'm guessing the run of the mill whacko religious nutjobs with some imaginary agenda to fulfill.

It was reported Ally Akhbar was shouted in a thick french accent....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
If found to be white shooters, conservatives will abandon this thread because it does not fit their anti Muslim narrative.

Whoever did this attack proves one of two things, either Anti Muslim rhetoric causes this type of action from idiots or there is a difference between radical Muslims and moderates...if a Muslim did this attack, it means they were targeting moderate Muslims which conservative say don't exist.

Really? Thats funny all of the conservatives I know understand quite well that there are good and bad apples in any group. If not why would the conservative leader be trying to find the best way to tell the difference? It is statements like yours that are tearing our country apart.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Dolby_X
a reply to: JinMI

it's confirm from the police

Says "Parody Account" right on the twitter page.

Somebody said they had an ak47 how the hell would you get one of those in Canada point 1 and not really a white supremicist gun in common use point 2.

Never trust a witness to identify a firearm. Chances are they will call everything an "AK-47" or a "Glock".

Even people who know the differences between various firearms would find it hard to tell when they're busy trying not to get shot.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Quebec Police just tweeted to stay away from the St Foy region.

Stay safe Quebecois!

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Kali74

" It doesn't matter the races or religions of those responsible, a terrorist attack was visited on a Muslim community as they prayed. It's abhorrent, can't we agree on that much? "

Meanwhile , Christians in the Middle East are being Killed and Beheaded by Radical Islamic Terrorists because of the Devotion to THEIR Faith . Where is your Outrage Over that Reality ?

One does not negate the other. Christians are being persecuted in the Middle-East, but so are Yazidis, Druze and, yes, Muslims as well. In fact, Muslims are the main victims in the Middle-East, and they also make up the main forces combating the likes of ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

It is quite disappointing that you would resort to whataboutism and neglect to address this terrorist attack on an innocent Muslim community.
edit on 30-1-2017 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Not sure if this has already been reported here, but...

According to the Le Soleil newspaper, one of the arrested suspects was 27 years old and had a “Quebecois name.” The paper also reported that one of the suspects was armed with an AK-47.

One witness, who wanted to remain anonymous, told Radio Canada, a Canadian Broadcasting Company French-speaking outlet, that the two gunmen were masked.

“It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head,” the person said.

Quebec City Mosque Shooting

Not sure if this helps, or confuses, as to who the perpetrators were..and as to the why.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Why would Syrian refugees attack a mosque and yell "Allah Akbar"?

It depends on who the perpetrators were. If indeed the perpetrators were Muslim, there are a number of possibilities to consider:

- It could be a Sunni-on-Shia conflict. The two denominations have an ugly and violent history.

- It could be gang warfare (which likely has little to do with religion, if at all).

- It could be a Salafist-on-moderate conflict. This is what i consider to be most likely. Salafists do not consider the average Muslim to be 'pure'. Their intentions are to make the average Muslim 'pure' by forcing them into their own hardline laws and beliefs. They do this either through power (e.g. ISIS with Mosul and Raqqa), or by targeting Muslims and non-Muslims in foreign states in order to sow disunity among the community and alienate the average Muslim from society.

This attack may seem counter-intuitive, but depending on the response, it can drive alienation. It could also be that the perpetrators were just messed in the head and considered these Muslims to be impure apostates and should therefore be killed.

Regardless of the motives, it should be remembered that these victims were average people. They weren't terrorists or extremists like so many try to paint adherents of the religion. If anything, the likelihood that the perpetrators were also Muslim should indicate this. These people were victims so much as any other of a terrorist attack.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Knock off the bickering and back and forth. Stay on topic and be civil or more than post removals may be handed out.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It could have been someone who couldn't enter the USA, thanks to President Trump. Canada will wise-up. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

It was a couple of patriotic Quebecois nationalists. Trump needs to build a wall on the Canadian border to protect us from Francophone terrorists!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Quebec Police just tweeted to stay away from the St Foy region.

Stay safe Quebecois!

mobile.twitter.com...

I have to correct my own post (not sure if I overseen it, or there was an update on the Police tweet)

Anyhow the "stay off the aerea" tweet is about "Circulation" as in Traffic.

Which I now interprete as: the aerea is deemed safe, but traffic might be blocked/rerouted due to the ongoing investigation.

The newest tweet says the streets are not entirely blocked, but it s prefered to avoid it trafficwise.
edit on 30-1-2017 by svetlana84 because: Typos (difficult to switch from french to english....) plus added the newest tweet

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

I said something like this would happen months ago, sadly i was right.

Cast aside the 'I told you so' speech and think about the long term ramifications. If anyone who has any remote knowledge of Islam, the prophet, and his followers will know that they will respond in kind to a threat of their beliefs.

It'll be tit for tat from now on, i'd bet money on it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Radio Canada now reports that the suspects are Studying at University Laval,
both residents in Quebec, one born in Marocco.

Accoring to "une source près de l'enquête." a source close to the Investigation.

Radio Canada

Still no official sources, so take it with a grain of salt..

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join