It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in a mosque in Québec city

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

President Donald Trump's administration is reportedly seriously considering labeling the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization, making business political or business contact with the international Sunni Islamist group a punishable offense under U.S. law.

The move would be seen as a victory for conservatives who have long been suspicious of the organization's foreign ties, which span five continents, according to the group's English-language website. The group is known for both its political and social advocacy, sponsoring religious, educational and charity-based efforts around the world. The Muslim Brotherhood calls for an Islamic way of life with one of its popular slogans stating, "Islam is the solution."

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Dr UAE

When I worked with them, the most sacred time of day to pray was when there was the most work to be done and they didn't want to do it.

Wow. Just wow.

True,...Just true....

edit on 30-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It could have been someone who couldn't enter the USA, thanks to President Trump. Canada will wise-up. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

That is just ridiculous. A tragedy happens in Canada and you are already thanking Trump that it didn't happen in the US? That is actually kind of sick. I mean throw up sick.

Liberals in power in Canada, nothing is changing anytime soon, the people will have to put up with it for a few more years.

Put up with what? More sanity than Trump?

Put up with open borders and a flood of people when they can't even afford to help their own citizens.

Their own are subjective words. This is a planet. Mr. Trudeau has been a model leader.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

It could have been someone who couldn't enter the USA, thanks to President Trump.

Really? Have you never heard the one about not making assumptions? Personally my first thought was that this could have been retaliation on Muslims for attacks carried out by Muslim Extremists, seems more logical than having been carried out by a Muslim who wasn't allowed into America but that's an assumption too, I'm gonna wait until we have the facts, my thoughts on it amount to no more than a brain fart.

originally posted by: svetlana84
Dropping this for archive, to prevent 404 by the news.

The story that the 27 year old suspect turned himself in (aka called the cops.)

www.lapresse.ca... on-arrestation.php

JEAN-FRANÇOIS NÉRON Le Soleil (Québec) À 20h12, 17 minutes après l'appel initial au 911 qui faisait état de coups de feu tirés à la mosquée de Sainte-Foy, un des deux suspects arrêtés appelaient les services d'urgence pour avouer son crime. Selon les information du Soleil, l'homme a confirmé être l'auteur de l'attentat contre le Centre culturel islamique. Il disait se sentir mal à cause du geste qu'il venait de poser et menaçait de se tirer une balle. Aussitôt, la Sûreté du Québec est venue en renfort à la police de Québec pour prendre en chasse le Mitsubishi gris qui circulait alors sur l'autoroute Félix-Leclerc. L'homme de 27 ans a immobilisé son véhicule par lui-même en bordure de la bretelle d'accès du pont de l'île d'Orléans. Il avait avec lui, sur le siège arrière, au moins une arme de poing et deux armes qui ressemblaient à des Ak-47. Vers 20h45, il a exprimé le souhait qu'on vienne le chercher. Les policiers ont attendu qu'il sorte par lui-même de son véhicule. Dehors, l'attendaient des membres du Groupe tactique d'intervention.

And for those of us, like me, who don't speak French...

JEAN-FRANÇOIS NÉRON Le Soleil, Quebec At 8:12 pm, 17 minutes after the initial 911 call for shots fired at the Sainte-Foy mosque, one of the two suspects arrested called the emergency services to confess His crime. According to information from the Sun, the man confirmed to be the author of the attack against the Islamic Cultural Center. He said he felt bad because of the gesture he had just made and was threatening to shoot himself. Immediately, the Sûreté du Québec came to reinforce the Quebec police in order to chase the gray Mitsubishi which was then traveling on the Félix-Leclerc highway. The 27-year-old man immobilized his vehicle by himself on the edge of the access ramp of the Île d'Orléans bridge. He had with him, in the back seat, at least one handgun and two weapons that resembled Ak-47. Around 8:45 pm, he expressed the wish to be picked up. The police waited for him to leave his vehicle by himself. Outside, he was expected by members of the Tactical Intervention Group.

Although this report mentions two subjects, i found this in the Guardian, which says...

The shooting was carried out by three people at the Québec City Islamic cultural center, witnesses said, and happened during evening prayers on Sunday. Police received the first calls just before 8pm.

I am interested to see what the nationality amd ehat religious affiliations the shooters had...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

When I worked with them, the most sacred time of day to pray was when there was the most work to be done and they didn't want to do it.

Wow. Just wow.

True,...Just true....

Umm, no. You should give up now.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

It could have been someone who couldn't enter the USA, thanks to President Trump. Canada will wise-up. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

That is just ridiculous. A tragedy happens in Canada and you are already thanking Trump that it didn't happen in the US? That is actually kind of sick. I mean throw up sick.

Liberals in power in Canada, nothing is changing anytime soon, the people will have to put up with it for a few more years.

Put up with open borders and a flood of people when they can't even afford to help their own citizens.

Their own are subjective words. This is a planet. Mr. Trudeau has been a model leader.

Yea, a model leader who says he is phasing out it's largest industry, taxing carbon and making our energy so expensive we won't be competitive with the USA. Great model.... But he has nice hair!
Run on a platform of skittles and ponies for everyone, he got the vote this time, he won't next time.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Wow. Just wow.

True,...Just true....

You don't get to tell other people whats true or not if you were not there.
Not even liberals get that special power.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Yea, a model leader who says he is phasing out it's largest industry, taxing carbon and making our energy so expensive we won't be competitive with the USA. Great model.... But he has nice hair!
Run on a platform of skittles and ponies for everyone, he got the vote this time, he won't next time.

Skittles and ponies? Carbon taxes are not bad. I looked into dual citizenship today. But that is for another thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Wow. Just wow.

True,...Just true....

You don't get to tell other people whats true or not if you were not there.
Not even liberals get that special power.

I was commenting on your awful comment. It was not a statement of what happened.

It was 'their most sacred time to pray was when they didn't want to work'. Fu. In the US racists call Blacks lazy. I guess you are the Muslim racist counterpart in Canada.
edit on 30-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Tell me carbon taxes aren't bad when they hit 50 bucks a ton in 2020 and they watch a giant sucking sound of industry crossing the border to where it is cheaper.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Thanks for the translation.

and for the eye witness report which says 3 possible shooters.

So one shooter might still be on the run.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If found to be white shooters, conservatives will abandon this thread because it does not fit their anti Muslim narrative.

Whoever did this attack proves one of two things, either Anti Muslim rhetoric causes this type of action from idiots or there is a difference between radical Muslims and moderates...if a Muslim did this attack, it means they were targeting moderate Muslims which conservative say don't exist.
edit on 30-1-2017 by cantthinkofausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

a reply to: reldra

Tell me carbon taxes aren't bad when they hit 50 bucks a ton in 2020 and they watch a giant sucking sound of industry crossing the border to where it is cheaper.

Or I can watch my city turn into what looks like the worst industrial cities in China. Oh wait, I won't be able to see. The pollution makes it impossible.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
If found to be white shooters, conservatives will abandon this thread because it does not fit their anti Muslim narrative.

Whoever did this attack this proves one of two things, either Anti Muslim rhetoric causes this type of action from idiots or there is a difference between radical Muslims and moderates...if a Muslim did this attack, it means they were targeting moderate Muslims which conservative say don't exist.

Well we know one of the shooters was white, the other was Moroccan. So that's a lie.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Whoever did this attack this proves one of two things, either Anti Muslim rhetoric causes this type of action from idiots or there is a difference between radical Muslims and moderates...if a Muslim did this attack, it means they were targeting moderate Muslims which conservative say don't exist.

Or it's more likely continuing the 1400 year trend of Shiites and Sunnis killing each other, ever thought of that one?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Is there a link to the info, that one was Maroc?

So far i heard 'arabian'

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Whoever did this attack proves one of two things, either Anti Muslim rhetoric causes this type of action from idiots or there is a difference between radical Muslims and moderates...if a Muslim did this attack, it means they were targeting moderate Muslims which conservative say don't exist.

So it's all about politics?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Well we know one of the shooters was white, the other was Moroccan. So that's a lie.

I am looking at CBC and at CNN. Both say one suspect is in custody, but don't say nationality.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join