It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most claims about Trump’s visa Executive Order are false or misleading

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Because it was not included in Obamas list.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, it also is not a definitive list.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Where's the "top threat part?'

But that's about the issuance of visa waivers. Isn't it? Not refugees. Right? Not visa holders, right?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Trump and Obama has not been the only presidents to ban Muslim and countries citizens from entering the US.

President Barack Obama and his five presidential predecessors have used their executive powers to temporarily ban certain immigrants — including Muslims — from entering the United States.

According to the Washington Examiner, Obama has used his rights as president to put a halt to some immigrants from arriving here six times. This is despite his claim that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's call to temporarily ban Muslims from coming to the U.S. is wrong.

The first time Obama used section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, reports the Examiner, was to stop "immigrants or nonimmigrants" from emigrating to the U.S. under a broader ban instituted by the United Nations in 2011.

That 2011 order, reports The Daily Caller, covered "anyone under a UN travel ban; anyone who violates any of 29 executive orders regarding transactions with terrorists, those who undermine the democratic process in specific countries, or transnational criminal organizations."

Former President George W. Bush used the executive powers six times as well, and Bill Clinton did twice, reports The Daily Caller.

Before Clinton, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter instituted bans using their executive powers a combined seven times.

The result is the same Trump is no doing anything that has not been done before.

According to the Examiner, Obama's executive actions on stopping immigration have involved people helping Iran, Syria, and Crimea. Iran and Syria are predominately Muslim countries.

www.newsmax.com...

edit on 29-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So where's that "top threat" list?

When did Obama shut down visa holders? When did Obama stop the processing of refugees.

I mean, isn't it the claim that "Obama did the same thing!"

Shouldn't there be like, an EO or something?

edit on 1/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Does anybody remember who said this?

And got a standing ovation.

"We are a nation of immigrants.. but we are a nation of laws"

"Our nation is rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country...

Illegal immigrants take jobs from citizens or legal immigrants, they impose burdens on our taxpayers...

That is why we are doubling the number of border guards, deporting more illegal immigrants than ever before, cracking down on illegal hiring, barring benefits to illegal aliens, and we will do more to speed the deportation of illegal immigrants arrest for crimes...

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws that has occurred in the last few years.. and we must do more to stop it

Bill Clinton when he was in office.

edit on 29-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I didn't think this was about Mexico.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Trump immigration laws and enforcement will included borders too, no only those entering from the temporary ban on countries.

The laws are in the books it only needs to be enforced fully and no nick picking.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Don't know, still searching.

Here it is referenced.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xcathdra
Where's the "top threat part?'

But that's about the issuance of visa waivers. Isn't it? Not refugees. Right? Not visa holders, right?

That would be the designation "nation of concern" as well as "Tier 1 nations of particular concern" (religious / personal freedom). The old term was "rogue nations" and yes it covers everything you just asked in the link provided.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

No.. you proved it by substituting your opinion for actual facts that run counter to them. You dont like Trump and I suspect thats why you refuse to accept the facts about the EO / immigration law. You proved it by repeating information thats proven to be untrue.

Your OP was an op ed piece, why are my opinions less than yours? I don't like Trump, and what he presents as facts aren't, they are alternative facts according to his own spokesperson. Face it Trump is douche weasel and will continue to be a douche weasel until the end of his term, I hope it is this week. He was a lousy candidate, and even a more lousy president.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Trump and Obama has not been the only presidents to ban Muslim and countries citizens from entering the US.

President Barack Obama and his five presidential predecessors have used their executive powers to temporarily ban certain immigrants — including Muslims — from entering the United States.

According to the Washington Examiner, Obama has used his rights as president to put a halt to some immigrants from arriving here six times. This is despite his claim that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's call to temporarily ban Muslims from coming to the U.S. is wrong.

The first time Obama used section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, reports the Examiner, was to stop "immigrants or nonimmigrants" from emigrating to the U.S. under a broader ban instituted by the United Nations in 2011.

That 2011 order, reports The Daily Caller, covered "anyone under a UN travel ban; anyone who violates any of 29 executive orders regarding transactions with terrorists, those who undermine the democratic process in specific countries, or transnational criminal organizations."

Former President George W. Bush used the executive powers six times as well, and Bill Clinton did twice, reports The Daily Caller.

Before Clinton, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter instituted bans using their executive powers a combined seven times.

The result is the same Trump is no doing anything that has not been done before.

According to the Examiner, Obama's executive actions on stopping immigration have involved people helping Iran, Syria, and Crimea. Iran and Syria are predominately Muslim countries.

www.newsmax.com...

You got any answers, when most of our visitors cross the southern border, Muslim is not on anyone's mind?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
More info.
iranprimer.usip.org...

But the new measure bars citizens of those countries who are also dual nationals of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Sudan from participating in the program. Those who have travelled to those four countries since 2011 also cannot participate, according to some interpretations.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Except its not an op ed piece. It takes the EO section by section. What section do you take exception to and how is it different from the EO?
edit on 29-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Nice find, I am not for allowing everyone in, but blanket FU's don't fly. Leaving Saudi off the list, did me in. Trump is an ass, has always been an ass, and will always be an ass. Impeach him tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The more I read about existing laws regarding immigration and the issuing of visas to the US enforcing all of them will completely ban people from all over the world from entering the US under one reason or the other.

So Trump doesn't need new laws, the laws are already established he just need to enforce the ones that are more beneficial for our nations safety.

All he have to do is enforce them and blame the pass presidents for passing them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Except its not an op ed piece. It takes the EO section by section. What section do you take exception to and how is it different from the EO?

It is one man's opinion, how the hell can you not see that as an op-ed, when 100's of other news organizations have taken it apart, and brutalized the hell out of it. It is a right wing blog, not a real good place to pull a source from.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Well, in the midst of your pessimism, he is working with S.A. on a fix.

“The President requested and the King agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing conflicts,” a White House readout of the call said.

nypost.com...

I don't absolve SA of anything as I've see non partisan evidence to support that they are behind plenty.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The more I read about existing laws regarding immigration and the issuing of visas to the US enforcing all of them will completely ban people from all over the world from entering the US under one reason or the other.

So Trump doesn't need new laws, the laws are already established he just need to enforce the ones that are more beneficial for our nations safety.

All he have to do is enforce them and blame the pass presidents for passing them.

So even if my kids are a quarter latin, I decide that I have an issue with people from Puerto Rico, and they should be banned, and even deported from the 50 states, you would be ok with that, I am not understanding, and I am going to bed.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That is the disconnect. That it is what people are refusing to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join