It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most claims about Trump’s visa Executive Order are false or misleading

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I thought you "progressives" were all about giving minority's priority over others.

You thought wrong. Progressivism is about giving minorities the same rights as others. Refugees are refugees.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Ah yes of course

How could i have missed that.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Ah yes of course

In response, Boynton Brown stated that her comments had been taken out of context. "What I was answering to was an internal party conversation around being in alignment with our values and words," she noted. "I think that this is the issue we see with fake news. These media outlets take something completely out of context and sensationalize it, and now people across the country are sending me hate mail and thinking I’m saying something that’s not true."

ballotpedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Ah yes of course

Yes. This woman thinks white people in her party should be taught to shut up. She now realises her hateful words have destroyed her career and is trying to get out of what she said. So she's not only hateful and bigoted, she is weak.

edit on 2/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

and yet the left is the one holding violent riots and trying to deny freedom of speech to those who have a different opinion.

Do you recognize that fact?
Yes I do recognize that protests are happening, sone of which have violent people. I don't support any violence in these contexts. Also, some of the media and democrats are trying to censor contrary voices. Not ALL the left. I'm a real left person, and I've done none of the above. Don't forget that under Bush there was censorship, including for example some professors losing their jobs for critiquing the Iraq war.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Ah yes of course

"In response, Boynton Brown stated that her comments had been taken out of context. "What I was answering to was an internal party conversation around being in alignment with our values and words," she noted. "I think that this is the issue we see with fake news. These media outlets take something completely out of context and sensationalize it, and now people across the country are sending me hate mail and thinking I’m saying something that’s not true."

ballotpedia.org...

Yes and her answer was very clear. She considers it her job to shut white people up and push them to the back seat. And she was cheered on for that answer. Nothing was out of context. Nothing but her excuse you quoted.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Those are not protests..those are riots...

I am still waiting on the left to condemn the violence.

and quit living in the Bush administration.. Its ridiculous enough when Democrats still blame him for Obamas failures. Its even more ridiculous when people push that bs in the forums.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I condemn the use of violence. I demand that the alt-right stop turning peaceful protests into riots for propaganda purposes.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Those are not protests..those are riots...

and quit living in the Bush administration.. Its ridiculous enough when Democrats still blame him for Obamas failures. Its even more ridiculous when people push that bs in the forums.

I think that's hyperbole. SOME of what is happening is rioting. Most, is not. I've walked through some of the protests in NYC. Sorry brah.

I JUST told you in my last message I do not support any violence from protesters..

Also, the reference to Bush is to put up a mirror to your implications that it's only the left that censors or propagandizes, not the right too. That is a fair response to your statements. If you don't want to hear about Republican wrongs and censorship, then don't try to frame the situation as if this only occurs on the left.

You see, some of the more informed people on here have moved beyond this left/right divide.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: everyone

I thought you "progressives" were all about giving minority's priority over others.

You thought wrong. Progressivism is about giving minorities the same rights as others. Refugees are refugees.

I don't even think some people on here have ever studied what actual progressives propose, versus the stereotype OR the faux-liberals, which are the right wing element within the Democrat Party.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

and yet the left is the one holding violent riots and trying to deny freedom of speech to those who have a different opinion.

Yes I do recognize that protests are happening, sone of which have violent people. I don't support any violence in these contexts. Also, some of the media and democrats are trying to censor contrary voices. Not ALL the left. I'm a real left person, and I've done none of the above. Don't forget that under Bush there was censorship, including for example some professors losing their jobs for critiquing the Iraq war.

Dubya Bush was NOT a true Conservative or a US First Nationalist. He was a war-mongering Globalist -- a wolf in "Neo-Con" sheep's clothing. Just like McCain or Graham -- fake Republicans.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Dubya Bush was NOT a true Conservative or a US First Nationalist. He was a war-mongering Globalist -- a wolf in "Neo-Con" sheep's clothing. Just like McCain or Graham -- fake Republicans.

Perhaps, but that is convenient, when no major Republican leader has been different for decades.

The same argument I propose for the Clintons, that they are faux-liberals, but actually neo-cons. Same with Obama.

If you are so charitable with conservatives, saying that the Bushs or Reagans of the world weren't real conservatives, then you have to grant the same for liberals, that the Democrat elite is also sold out. That's what real leftists say as well...

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join