It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I had nice evening with some friends, i know that i am very honest, in good and in bad ways. I sometimes forget that honesty does hurt others, anyone can say words, but words for me are just words, but seeing that i made someone very sad, is different.
Hearing them say;" I just wanted you to know " and the following words came and the tears along, it made me feel ashamed, cause i know they are loving friends with an honest heart.

I very rarely tell someone;" Im sorry " but, I am, sorry, for the pain i caused..

edit on 2017129 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
You have empathy and that is a good thing, and you can check your ego when appropriate. You are a strong person!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Our perception of Honesty is a belief. If you believe in something, to you it is real. When you relay what you believe to be real or pertinant, you are saying your perception of reality is real and this may not be someone else's perception of reality. Here on ATS it is easy to see that there are people who believe differently. Often what boths sides see is not completely real or it is real only when utilized in a certain way.

In the real world among friends and relatives we must be more mellow on how we say things, To shatter someone's beliefs often makes them sad. Or even mad. It is best to give advise with reason to back it, being too direct can cause some bad feelings. They will see that they were going in the wrong direction someday and hopefully they will come back and tell you in a strange way that they messed up. Taking the honest and truthful path rarely gives you later regrets, but make sure that what you think is real is really real. I hear a lot of people telling me their perception of truth, but it is only a perception half the time. A partial truth blown out of proportion. But honesty is easier to define as far as stealing but less easy to define as to whether it is a deception of the actual value of something. Also those who try to sell you things you really do not need are deceiving you. So even honesty has it's flaws.

Keep on the right path and mind others feelings but always remember a true friend will not tell you what you want to hear if you are on the wrong path.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You're telling us but did you tell that person you were sorry?

Just curious. I know sometimes it's hard to react in real-time.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You are a good person. And as Eluryh asked...did you tell the person? Maybe show them the thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Everyone is an asshole at one time or another. Welcome to Earth.

(Me myself I can't wait until 2045 when I can leave)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Best friends will tell you how it is honestly....other people lie to your face and tell you what you want to hear. Don't have to apologize even if the truth does hurt.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Sometimes saying sorry doesn't mean #.

top topics

join