It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Senate Democrat announces legislation to reverse Trump’s immigration executive order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
America is headed headlong into a Dictatorship while the masses cheer him on and silence any dissent.

So much for Democracy. Bye bye.

What has this ban got to do with a dictatorship?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Please. Like that simply greenligbts every move he decides to make?
That is why the courts are interviewing.
He doesn't have the power of a king even if the jesters cheer for him.
edit on 1302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Those who fail to learn from the past are damned to repeat it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The people who put trump in there to begin with? Yeah I have great confidence in my fellow Americans.

I'll trust the courts. Thanks. At least the judge went to college.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Feinstein is an idiot. She really is. While i have nothing but disdain for DC, i reserve a special place in my heart for Feinstein and Pelosi.

Just for anyone interested in the facts, and not the stupid hyperbole that the left is throwing out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Congress will have to admit that this EO is only doing what Obama did in 2011 and that the countries selected are in fact countries that a Democrat picked and the President is only doing what his predecessors and Congress had already allowed.

I'm sorry but that claim just doesn't fly.

Obama paused approvals of refugee applications from Iraq for a period of six months after two Iraqi al-Qaeda terrorists were discovered living as refugees in Kentucky.
He based his decision on a specific event. He did not act out of the blue or broadbrush the middle east as undesirables. Trump got on tv and said we don't want them.
The fact that he prioritized Christian immigrants over others puts this exusivly as a ban on a religion.

You can spin it any way you like. But that's what is true and what is not.
These actions are not anything alike.
Better to learn the truth before echoing something you saw on an internet forum.

PS
The seven countries were identified by homeland security not Obama or the democrats.

Do you think everyone in government under a specific president is a member of their particular party?
That's just naive.
edit on 1302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The courts can not do anything about the enforcement because the ban is temporarily.

How come the courts and the protesters didn't protest Obama when he signed the order that Trump is using now order to ban those countries back in 2011 and then again in 2015

The protesters and the courts are full of crap.

And he only added 1 more country to that list.

Nothing but crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You are wrong. There's no other way to say it.

If you weren't wrong, then Egypt and other more stable nations would be included. But they aren't. So it isn't about religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Trump called for a Muslim ban over and over during his campaign. This is part of that plan .

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.donaldjtrump.com...
In his own words...from his own website.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

OK, so those are his words.

His actions, however, are entirely different. I don't care about his mean words. all i care about is the action. and the action he takes proves your conspiracy theory wrong; it is not about muslims or religion.

ETA: if you're gonna reply with the slippery slope fallacy, don't bother. It'll be shut down, too. And know: if he ever goes after muslims or a religion, ill have your back.
edit on 1/30/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Because they weren't the same thing. You obviously don't know the details and are simply echoing what you've read here. All the wrong information.
You should go outside ATS for information. Really ... There is real info out there.
Or don't. I couldn't care less. I know I've done the research.
I know you haven't.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Oh my, I agree, I did a post many years ago on how the independent media became corporate now they are activist and very biased toward those that pay the salaries.

Sad situation really.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No that is what you want to believe and what is been paraded in the news and by the way the screening is over and the only 120 something that were detained in the airport has been released.

From the thousands that comes from Muslim countries a day.

So what are you complaining again about?

I forgot, or yes now I remember you are complaining about Trump.

Yes he is such a good target.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Tell me then...what was the catalyst for trumps decision? What event did he use to form this plan?

Don't know? I do. Let me know when you want that info. Ask me to educate you.
Or give me the answer.
Remember I already know it so be careful...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You have nothing I need and you can not teach anything that I already know.

You will find some willing to listen to the rant but the truth is that Trump is doing what he have the power to do, he is doing what he prosed to do, and you can take that to the bank

If he is going with his promised he will be your president for 8 years.

I will voter for him again.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well I agree he's a good target. He provides all the ammo. Lol. Now back on subject. No I'm not quoting any rhetoric from the news today or even the past few days. My info goes back to the actual event you think is similar when it's not.
The details are archived from the time. With no trumpisms to cloud the issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Had immigration enforcement been handled better in the past, this would not have grown to the size it has become now.

Do you fix the small leak or wait for the pipe to burst then address it

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Kryties
America is headed headlong into a Dictatorship while the masses cheer him on and silence any dissent.

So much for Democracy. Bye bye.

What has this ban got to do with a dictatorship?

It's more of an observation in general based on not just this topic, but many others also.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

We all know what Sen. Dianne Feinstein stands for. Just look at her husbands gig.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Diane Frankenstein is one of the most radical and ridiculous fascists in the government. That's exactly why all the Hipster snowflakes and California love her so much.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join