It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Senate Democrat announces legislation to reverse Trump’s immigration executive order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ah, yes. The woman who has had only taxpayer funded jobs for 55 years. She's nearly 84, just had a pacemaker installed this month, and faces re-election in 2018 (if she decides to run). I think she's taking on the role of being the water carrier and won't run for re-election. We'll see more and more "go nowhere" legislation introduced by Feinstein with Senators in Dark Blue states then co-sponsoring to gain approval from their constituents.

Before anyone worries about a veto-proof majority and whether R's will vote for the bill, it needs to clear Committee, then have McConnell green-light it for the Senate calendar. Unlikely.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Her legislation will get "banned" in Committee for 120 days.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Gender typing aside Lindsey Graham is a dude... has nothing to do with the job at hand of course, but he was not a great politician for S.C. at all when I lived there. Making national agenda? Yeah um, no... not good for a state certinaly not going to be good for the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Lindsey Graham stands with Trump on defunding the UN, so he knows how to play both sides, McCain is not going to like that a bit.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

When the military has been rented out as a peackeeping force or world police as some like to call it? Then of course defunding the U.N. seems to make some sense... there's a lot of money to be spent and wasted in making the military an industrial complex or corporation. This very same policy though is why many countries think the U.S. evil... we and other allies have been doing the U.N. work of peace keeping... so of course while we are at it... might as well throw some political agenda in there because it requires politics to throw people into those war zones.

Better if peace is the goal and expansion that every country throw money into the U.N. as the peace keeping force as then when it moves? It is always moving in a coalition, and everyone carries the bill and burden not just one country... when that happens the entire world will peer pressure and sanction those that refuse to help the world come together.

What is separation gonna do but cold war people into a corner getting better just a little each time? It's also cheaper budget wise doing such a thing. If all member countries came together to share intelligence? Then we could act as one to bring about peace... but when there is a huge budget to be spent on the military it becomes that miliatary industrial complex and when so many jobs and so much manufacturing is dedicated to it? It becomes like the industrial prison complex it needs bodies to put in there... it needs wars to meet budgets or it needs blank checks written that keeps debt skyrocketing.

Of course; smaller government then only means privatization... selling out government entities; to the private sector instead of contracting them out; they won;t go anywhere just get a ton of beurocracy as tax dollars are continually raised to pay for it; as the profit grows so does the decline of these facilities... same can be seen in other areas where such has been handed over. Each prison inmate costs taxpayers 30k per year... each person on welfare? Typically under 7k per year... so locking people up is four times more profitible for private interests than when people are locked up outside in the social system.

If that is sane spending? Well depends on which side of the rope of give and take someone is pulling on I suppose.

edit on 29-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I know how our nation has gotten in decline, due to the inefficacy of our political elected leaders to keep the American people as a priority over the private interest one.

Sometimes I wonder if America can ever be fixed or if we are soo far gone that we are heading toward destruction.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

When the mind moves? There you will find yourself... most politicians minds have been in the Middle Easts business for over 16 years. Trump knows this of course him focusing on the U.S.? Is his idea of make America great again... his way of doing it; of course controversial on both sides... and yeah that is a good thing... especially if he decides to sit in the middle and see both sides pander like a hostile take over, and weighs the benefits of both equally and makes a rational decision.

Of course people knowing this have thrown his personal figure under the bus when he will be running things like his corporate figure; in the world of corporations which this is a corporatocracy make no mistake about it America Inc. then of course risks have to be taken... what has occured in politics for oh the past few decades? Stalling eachother out not advancing not moving forward. Of course social freedom and aspect... yeah there was some moving forward, as morals are ideological and have nothing to do with political ethics that is all inclusive to serve everyone regardless of ideology.

Seeing how ideology has kept focus and tax dollars elsewhere for nearly two decades? Then it has really ceased to be ethical for America itself. Someone pokes the hornets nest... America will take care of it, pay for it... and yet another way to do what? Destabilize U.S. and others just trying to bring peace and do business around the world... of course corruption is going to occur so vying for power or a position of it means whoa I can get a slice and well trying to maintain that spot at a table is like ignoring the seating on an airplane... it's one person after another, you're in my seat and then them arguing why it is theirs.

The that actually chose the seat number? Assigned... whoa we are never going to move forward with this nonsense going on... a train would have been quicker.

Well, that's politics... especially when it is entrenched, everyone looking for their seat looking to siddle up get their slice and they choose it by ideology, instead of the job they are designed to do... serve the people not there not present to be their voice, to bring them the food they promised, not snatch it out of everyones mouth by sitting in it for themself.

edit on 29-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Love your posts, you read like a writer, I wish I had better mastering of the English language, because if I can write the way I can speak I would be able to express myself better in this boards.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
So now the Left's latest scheme to undermine the authority of the government and further divide the country is to waste congress' time by introducing bills they know full well will not be passed.

Like the right has been doing for the past 8 years. Stalling and impeding, but it was all right when they did it?

Talk about hypocrisy and double standards.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.) announced on Twitter late Sunday that she is preparing to introduce two bills on Monday in response to President Donald Trump’s recent executive order on immigration and refugees.

In a series of three tweets, Feinstein said that Trump should not be able to “unilaterally ban groups of immigrants,” which is why she is preparing to introduce the legislation.

Feinstein said the first bill would rescind Trump’s executive order while the second would limit Trump’s executive authority under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Top Senate Democrat announces legislation to reverse Trump’s immigration executive order

The POTUS attempts to keep his campaign promises in the first week of his administration only to have Congress rise up in the way that's described in the article linked above? Would that be unprecedented in American history?

What would that do to Trump? I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he could end up resigning if his initiatives are all blocked.

I believe something similar happened to Obama.

WHY OBAMA HAS FAILED TO CLOSE GUANTÁNAMO

Does anyone recall Obama signing an executive order to close the Guantánamo military prison just after he took office? After that failed, I believe he never regained his confidence in terms of acting unilaterally.

the dems lost the potus the house and the senate
they will get nothing for at least 2 years

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That's why Obama ran the nation under EOs.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

perhaps using a translation service and then editing it for clarity if it messes up the translation?

Thank you for the compliment; it is nice to be able to type with the fluence that speaking does... hopefully my suggestion will help you do the same in presenting yourself?

Repaying your kindness? I would never have known english to be a language not native to you from your posts...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

" Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.) announced on Twitter late Sunday that she is preparing to introduce two bills.. "

Two Bills that will Never see the Light of Day like their Delusional Un-american Leftists Author .

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Well thanks, but I'm Puertorrican English is my second language, I have a spell check but sometimes I want to type the same way I talk, is not a good combination and my spell check change the words, I get to notice when its too late.

Did you have seen Schumer on TV? he could have won an Oscar on acting and crying surrounded by Muslims.

I can not believe that a politician will take sides when it comes to the American people, no wonder they lost the elections. I had the feeling that the Democratic party has lost their base supporters and now have not other choice but pander to anybody that will listen to their rant.

It was really pathetic.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Chucky Schumer's Days are Numbered as a Relevent Politician that anyone outside of New York State could give a Rats Ahass about . Obstructionism is the Last Bastion of a Democratic Party that has Lost the Support of the Majority of the American Public .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I don't use spell check, and haven't for close to a year now... I realized how bad it had gotten relying on the spell check, so I keep it turned off. Which means I often have to edit for spelling and sometimes that can take awhile and I'm oh good enough... the reply button is not the one that should have the box around it IMHO; preview should, or else edit likely wouldn't be so frequent an issue... hard to make it a habit when that box around reply is like a big shiney red button you wanna press it instead because it stands out the most.

No I didn't watch the program you are reffering to I never watch the news at all; I do a news search in the browser and then see all of the headlines around the world and read until catching up to the previous days... each headline is typically grouped from every news source presenting it it is interesting because the spin or bias is quickly seen between all the networks presenting it.

The danger of that of course? well, they too can pander to someone which would kinda stroke an ego... so if someone liking their ego getting stroked or seen in a good light becomes bias to a news outlet in that pander? Well, all constructive critisim or other view could go right out of the window... which is an important thing to consider when not wanting to become biased oneself the same as many of those outlets are.

An example is an Ex GF father used to watch a news source then there was an anchor that got on his nerves... so he switched to another one... less than a year? His entire politcs turned 180 degrees from that slant or spin after he had carried his previous politics for over 35 years.

That really takes a spin cycle to accomplish dontcha think? 35 years undone in one by a simple... "I don't like the person presenting it" and then lands on channel with the opposite spin.

edit on 30-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. of course :p

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
First off it's a republican congress.
(Facepalm)

Secondly you know...Feinstein.

LOL.. she's a dumb heifer who thought that Donald Trump was like her. That he just campaigned to win, with no intention of following through on his promises.

To be honest, I thought people in California were smarter. How many terms have they re-elected Diane Feinstein to?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How does calling her names change anything? If anything going to that extreme... what if she saw it? Said you know what... I'm going to see what this person cares about; and frame all the policy opposite because I know there are more like that out there, but i don't hate any of them individually, like they do me; but the ignorance they hold... that has nothing to do with policy... sure it may be lashing out due to pain and frustraition of policy sure... hers would be out of the same sort of pain yes? In such a manner both would be in the same boat; yet in extremes and in such extremes like a magnet always stuck together getting nowhere solving nothing... and what does that help?

Nothing but the same round and round... cheers and who is to blame for doing such a thing and going to extremes trapping oneself in such a manner binding them to everything they don't like or want? Only oneself by the very energy put out not liking it or not wanting it.

Weird how that works but hey jump in the ring of extremes and that's what happens it draws a line and well in doing so? Poof "enemy" on the other side of it magically appears.

A moderate or someone that really cares and wants resolve? Would be wise to not do such things, bring reason to the table balanced with logic and ration... thought with emotion in check by seeing both sides.

Anyway that's my advice... otherwise hey that pain and frustraition on either end is not going to go anywhere except round and round and round.

edit on 30-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
Ah, yes. The woman who has had only taxpayer funded jobs for 55 years. She's nearly 84, just had a pacemaker installed this month, and faces re-election in 2018 (if she decides to run). I think she's taking on the role of being the water carrier and won't run for re-election. We'll see more and more "go nowhere" legislation introduced by Feinstein with Senators in Dark Blue states then co-sponsoring to gain approval from their constituents.

Before anyone worries about a veto-proof majority and whether R's will vote for the bill, it needs to clear Committee, then have McConnell green-light it for the Senate calendar. Unlikely.

I saw McConnell speaking for Trump just a few days ago, so you nailed this better than I could!
You're very likely right it will get stalled in committee. I would suppose, just speculating, a lot of Dems are going to blow any & all political capital they have remaining in the next few months with "knee-jerk" reactions over any and all Trump actions.

Instead of doubling down & rebuilding their party, giving Trump enough rope to hang himself THEN stepping in.

None of what I'm seeing and I mean NONE is adding up to any political savvy. Sadly after years and most being career politicians I find this unbelievable. I think we're going to watch many commit political suicide in the coming months instead of riding out the storm to fight another day.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
America is headed headlong into a Dictatorship while the masses cheer him on and silence any dissent.

So much for Democracy. Bye bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join