It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elephant Crushing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Introduction

I love zoology, like many of you might know by now. One of my favorite species to research about is Elephants, they offer very much in spirituality despite not being a bipedal primate. But the interaction between elephant and humans have been, very, bad.
I wanted to discuss called Elephant Crushing or we could just call it;" Breaking the Spirit ".

I wanted to start of with a quote from the bible;" “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:3.
----

Elephant Crushing

Phajaan

Elephant crushing, or a training crush is a method by which wild elephants can be tamed for domestication, using restriction in a cage, sometimes with the use of corporal punishment or negative reinforcement. This practice is condemned by a variety of animal welfare groups as a form of animal cruelty
- Wikipedia

Warning - Graphic Video Elephant crushing - phajaan
-

Kumki

The method is that you torture the wild animal until it surrenders, willingly. There is however another method called kumki, where a domesticated elephant/s, in natural ways force the wild elephant to succumb to the herd.

Kumki Elephant - Real

Conclusion

My beliefs are that, breaking the spirit with torture is one of the most sickening ways, it is however the fastest and most primitive. We as a specie also practice and practiced it, cause it provides results.
I do however think that the spirit of any animal is much stronger than we as specie would like to believe.

Source

Elephant Crushing

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

That first video hurts my souls and gave my chest pain. I had to stop watching it in the first minute. I feel uncomfortable to S&F you but I will.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I won't watch your videos. I cannot. Ever since I read the book "When Elephants Weep: The Emotional Lives of Animals" I have hated the way humans treat animals. We keep them in zoos, we torture them to death, we break their spirits, we poke and prod and goad them. Elephants remember. There are plenty of videos that show Elephants and other animals having emotional responses to stimuli. Anyone that has a dog knows that they have emotional responses. I won't go to circuses, or marine animal shows, I stopped eating meat (out of protest for the way the animals are inhumanely kept and treated.)

S&F for the post.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Im gonna force myself to watch the vid but im already sick imagining what Im gonna see

This would be better off in the fragile earth or rant forum, the pets forum should be a happy place I reckon

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
NO...

top topics

join