It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One pissed off parrot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OMG I love this bird!
Take a short break from all the political nonsense and watch this parrot going nuts when his cage is being destroyed.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsecret

bwuahahahahahahahah

thanks man

that was hilarious.
i wish i had a bird that rolled like that

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

This is hysterical. I also know it's not 'just' words the bird repeats.

I have worked in homes that had a lot of very expensive talking birds. One would call out my name when I came in the morning, unlocking a kitchen door on the other side of the house, it knew the time I normally came in the door. Along with the mailman making a noise at the mail slot and the personal chef that came to make pre made meals a couple times a week.

Before one of the older dogs had a seizure (there were 8 dogs sometimes, the homeowners were part of a recsue network), the bird would go just crazy and say DOG! DOG! over and over. It gave me time to make sure the dog was in a safe place and wouldn't hurt itself during the seizure.

It looks more to me that the bird was excited the cage was destroyed, that cage is much too small for that size of a bird. LOL

edit on 29-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Best of the day, OMG.
Thanks !!!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sounds like my dad working on a motorcycle.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thank you for the laugh. Bet the man had a larger cage in the wings.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm waiting for someone who will make this into a political thread and say the bird is a typical liberal.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This is what the chef of the last restaurant I went to sounded like after I returned a steak for tasting "too meaty".

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I used to have a sulphur crest cockatoo with a potty mouth, he was terrible.
I'm not sure where he got it from....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Same reaction by DNC when they lost to Trump

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Same reaction by DNC when they lost to Trump

Yeah, and this is what they looked like..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There's actually a pretty cool story behind that bird. It's name is "Pebbles" if I'm not mistaken, and this guy has made lots of videos with the bird.

The bird is a rescue, and the guy runs the rescue where the bird came to. The bird came to him in a pretty bad way and he's nursed it back to excellent health (as you can see in the video, it's a fantastically healthy pink cockatoo). The bird has a potty-mouth streak a mile wide, but it's a pretty good bird overall.

I think the last time I checked he hasn't been able to re-home the bird because of its potty-mouth, the original owner must have been a real doosey.

I used to own a parrot (well part-own...he went with my ex). He was a really cool bird. They're a lot smarter than people think they are. He was an escape artist. Short of a steel padlock and a chain, no cage could keep him in. He wasn't mean, and didn't destroy anything (except door moldings, which were his mortal enemy for some reason). He was a hoot though. I guarantee you couldn't eat a grape or a piece of spaghetti in the house without him getting into your business. He was free to fly around, but amazingly returned to his cage to poop.

He had a love / hate relationship with my Labrador Retriever who thought he was a wild duck (really BAD idea with a parrot). They finally made peace after a few years of warring. He'd fly down and pester her when she was sleeping until she got up...and then he'd jump up on her and ride around on her back like his own personal limo. He'd even go out in the yard on her (the dog, not the wife). Never had to clip his wings, he had all his flight feathers and boy could he fly! But he never flew away (except for one time on the 4th of July when some fireworks scared him). "Capone" was his name, and he definitely lived up to the gangsta' moniker.

Only really trying thing about parrots is the sound level. They can rip your eardrums out (even from another room on a different level), and do so on a regular basis. Especially when they're happy to see you and excited (which is pretty hard to get mad at when an animal is just happy to see you).

edit on 1/29/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hahahahaha bro, your post was just as hilarious as the OP. Good times. Thanks for that!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I'm waiting for someone who will make this into a political thread and say the bird is a typical liberal.

Hah, sounded like Donald Trump's inauguration speech.

edit on 29-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cockatoos are a bit crazy in the wild too. They hang upside down squawking and carrying on like lunatics.
My little town has been invaded by hundreds of them at the moment. They fly in at dusk and settle in the trees, crapping everywhere in the beer garden at the pub.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What a dick. It obviously had sentimental value to the parrot.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think this video is also meant to inform that the kind of cage being destroyed is highly unsuitable for any birds, especially parrots.
Let's face it, parrots shouldn't be kept in cages anyway! My two feathered companions only go in a cage at night to sleep, but I guess you could say they shouldn't be kept in houses either.

top topics

join