It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why discuss Politics on FB if your just going to block people if you don't like what they say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So I know better to not discuss Politics on Facebook with people but i just can't help it sometimes lol. Especially if they start the thread/post. I'm always up for a good debate. I'm respectful full of people's opinions One of my FB Friends(who I have known since childhood but have not seen in a couple years) asked something along the lines of why do you support Trump/mad at Obama/support the border wall/fence. I gave him my response blah blah blah," why isnt Saudi Arabia on the list o wait its because he has business ties there" where i responded with if you remember the San Bernardino Terrorist attacks Trump wanted to ban All Muslim Immigration which includes SA but he got chit on it so he backtracked. And I think thats what got me blocked but come on now. This is why the Left lost the election. No one wants to discuss real issues. And if you say something they don't like they call you racist,sexist,islamophobic, or in my case block you on Facebook without a counter argument lol. 2nd time it has happened though and i have posts spanning 30 or more responses.

Edit I'm also not sure if this is the right forum for this topic. Mods if it's in the wrong forum please move it.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
They only want to be agreed with and push their ideals and opinions on everyone else...That's their purpose for being there...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I rarely if ever go on about politics on FB. They didn't sign up for it.

You #ers on the other hand......Mount up!
edit on 29-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Haha I just got unfriended today. I find it funny people like to put their personal views out there but get outraged when others don't agree or have the audacity to respond to their sometimes ignorant statements. I guess they're only looking for an echo chamber.
edit on 29-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
They only want to be agreed with and push their ideals and opinions on everyone else...That's their purpose for being there...

And if the Zuck's staff disagree with your side of the argument ... buh-bye.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The problem with a lot of social media places is the amount of misinformation that is been pushed by those that are behind agendas of chaos, violence and mayhem in our nation.

Is just playing safe when certain topics are banned after too much wrong crap is posted.

Be careful is a lot of people that are not really in the mode of debating real news this days.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Your hurt my feelings!

MODS? BAN THIS MEMBER! /end sarcasm

Politics has become it's own religion!

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! Humanity has been domesticated to the point of not having one ounce of common sense in its head to survive without modern technology or convenience.

We have children who have graduated college with a degree in Women's Studies with a debt of $100,000 and yet if our power grid goes down for some reason or another how valuable would a person who knows Blacksmithing be over an idiot dumb enough to go into debt majoring in something based upon nonsense and feelings?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The worst part is both of us have finished College and are old enough to actually fix the problems if we wanted to do. And to get blocked on Facebook for such a trivial manner is just wow. No wonder the Democrats are playing Games

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It`s ALWAYS the ones who voluntarily put their personal political views out there for the world to see that get pissy when someone disagrees with them.
attention seeking drama queens is all they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Always be yourself
Because the people who mind don't matter
And the people who matter don't mind

ETA:
I could not find the source of the commonly known quote above, but I have my own advice for you:
Stay away from Facebook. It is evil in so many ways.

edit on 1/29/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I enjoy being on the sidelines when it comes to politics on facebook, if I want to debate one of my friends I'll just wait for the next time we meet face to face. It's pretty hilarious watching my conservative friends never counter arguing any of my liberal friends though.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have not, as yet, blocked anyone. Other than someone I could not recall accepting and he was showing in my newsfeed with memes in Arabic I could not translate, lol. No one I have as a friend on FB had posted about politics only and especially not in a Trump friendly way. The husband of a friend likes Trump and I see his posts and I haven't blocked him.

I note a couple of my FB friends, one from ATS, who are tired of constant political rants in their news feed or possibly people posting directly to her page and she has blocked some number of people. Not me, yet
She rarely posts politically, as far as I know and I think it became annoying to her.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

The worst part is both of us have finished College and are old enough to actually fix the problems if we wanted to do. And to get blocked on Facebook for such a trivial manner is just wow. No wonder the Democrats are playing Games

I post on FB politically sometimes. I often share threads right from ATS. If a particular friend becomes too obnoxious with the political posts, knowing my views, I might block them. It's just FB. Being blocked is, "Wow, just wow!" Really?

FB is a place to share with like minded people. On a variety of topics. If you don't want to see their constant single minded rants, it is time to block them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

And if the Zuck's staff disagree with your side of the argument ... buh-bye.

Actually, my housemate got temp bans on FB twice in the last 2 days, for insulting Trump supporters in conversations. The automated system will temp suspend anyone due to complaints. It is not any personal staff doing this and not for any specific reason. I told him to block people he is getting into arguments with. That FB should not be the place for a 'mud pit light'.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This ain't new, lol. I haven't been on FB for several years, and it was the same petty bulls# over differences of opinion back then. Politics, religion, how green you were or weren't, cat person V dog person. Any idiot who must be right 24/7 will unfriend someone. Like anything social, it depends on the can't-agree-to-disagree dick doing it. Back then, it was solely highly religious & very conservative friends doing the blocking/unfriending, the rest of us used to LOL about it and it's not like we were just a bunch of lefties in a kumbaya campfire circlejerk. The less devout, and the less rigid conservatives among us thought it was as asinine & childish as the rest of us did.

In other words, same s#, different year.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hear about FB drama almost daily.
It almost makes me want to sign up just to see the meltdowns.

Almost.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Come on...face reality...FB is meant to be FakeBook. I have ATS to vent and be real. FB is kept neutral enough for no complaints. It is suppose to be a more subtle bragging site, not the ATS mud pit!

I have shared a few political stances but neutrally. Netherlands satire welcome video was hilarious...I shared it with an admonishment against SNL to understand how political satire should be done. Simple rule: keep it neutral if you can't be anonymous!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

you blocked an Arabic speaking person?

does that make you a racist and an islamophobe now?

will the liberals and progressives take away your membership card now?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

And you're sitting here complaining about fb, which means nothing. So you got unfriended. Dollars to donuts you didn't call him or message him to ask why. And when I've unfriended people for political reasons it's for crossing the line, like using a pic of a girl being sold into slavery or a dog with his ears cut off laying next to him. Show us the posts or I'm going to assume you didn't try to fix it AFTER you crossed the line.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Rookseven because: I'm a grammar freak

top topics

join