It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary Sheriff Faces Removal From Office For Aiding Criminal Illegals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: seasonal

Liberal Texas? I can imagine mayyyybe Austin only cause I have heard they are a much more progressive city in Texas and has a very large music scene for the area...But the state police should have the means. At some point the governor has to have the ability to request federal help in the issue at the least. That's if no one in the attorney general's office don't act first nor will the state police. I know the feds can't just go rolling in on just everything but I was pretty sure governors had the power to request them to help.

For real!

Austin, TX has become a havem for the Progressives in Cali that screwed it up so much that they move to another state! Yet like locusts they choose to continue to destroy the place they moved too instead of learning from their mistakes?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well she will lose her job alright, the government is behind it.

“For one, these sheriff offices receive grants from the governor’s office and we’re cutting off those grants to any sanctuary city in the State of Texas,” he said on Fox & Friends. “But, however, we are in a legislative session and we’re working on laws that will #1 ban sanctuary cities and #2 remove from office any office holder who promotes sanctuary cities while also imposing criminal penalties as well as financial penalties.”

From the source, at least Texas is already working on laws to fix the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

She should loose her job. This is not the place to do your HRC march. This is a very serious issue, and does she think Trump is going to back down?

Not too smart.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

So you're fine with people who are illegals in the first place being let go so that they can commit more crime.

No, I'm saying that federal and state jurisdictions differ, and the feds can't force local municipalities to do their jobs for them.

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts on the topic.

I haven't offered my thoughts on sanctuary cities, only that the legal arguments aren't as cut and dry as some might think, otherwise this wouldn't be an issue.

Karma now dictates that you or one of yours gets killed, raped, robbed, etc by an illegal.

Is that you Miss Cleo? What goes around comes around.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Just like when the speed limits were put at 55 MPH, the state didn't have to follow that federal guideline. But if they wanted highway funds they did.

They will shut up and put up, she is as good as canned.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Trump is one of those person that will never back down on what he does, we already are seen that in the short time that he is been in the white house.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

No doubt a good and bad trait.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No, it's not the same. Local police have the right to stop and issue citations to any speeder. If the speeder doesn't have the proper ID, the officer can take that person in and alert ICE. But legally, unless ICE shows up, or otherwise does something within 48 hours, the city or county doesn't really have the right to hold them indefinitely, in some cases, for example, or make the decision to detain drivers lacking ID based on race, accent or country of origin or religion. That would be unconstitutional.

All I'm saying is that the laws aren't that cut and dry, that's why the laws need to be addressed being changed at the state level, and why the newly elected Sherriff isn't being arrested, let alone fired, for defending the status quo that she inherited.

edit on 29-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Liberal Texas? I can imagine mayyyybe Austin only cause I have heard they are a much more progressive city in Texas and has a very large music scene for the area...But the state police should have the means. At some point the governor has to have the ability to request federal help in the issue at the least. That's if no one in the attorney general's office don't act first nor will the state police. I know the feds can't just go rolling in on just everything but I was pretty sure governors had the power to request them to help.

For real!

Austin, TX has become a havem for the Progressives in Cali that screwed it up so much that they move to another state! Yet like locusts they choose to continue to destroy the place they moved too instead of learning from their mistakes?

Some of the Cali Proglib immigrants are fleeing Cali rule. Like the Syrians are fleeing war torn Syria . They dont believe in the alternate reality anymore.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It will be the same, Trump will halt all funds going to the state of Texas. She'll be mall cop in no time.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: seeker1963

For real!

Some of the Cali Proglib immigrants are fleeing Cali rule. Like the Syrians are fleeing war torn Syria . They dont believe in the alternate reality anymore.

I wish that was true but it doesn't seem to be the case! It seems they just move on and try and devour the sanity in the place they migrate to!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Sheriff Hernandez is supposed to up hold the constitution. Time to send her walking for her refusal to cooperate with the immigration and customs enforcement.

www.infowars.com...
Hernandez, whose jurisdiction includes Austin, the capital of Texas, has rejected Abbott’s request to reverse her refusal to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement except in limited circumstances, which Abbott says is hypocritical.

Govt. Abbot, who is the Governor of Texas, said that the sheriff's picking of what crimes she wants to enforce when dealing with illegals is reckless. She should hit the bricks.

…Under your reckless policy, for example, dangerous criminal aliens convicted of felonies like murder, aggravated assault, human trafficking, including child sex trafficking, aggravated kidnapping, including sexual performance by a child or indecency with a child, dangerous gang activities…,” he added.

the only correct move. The constitution has it down as treason to harbor illegal immigrants so she is getting of easy this way really.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Okay, so you're not really looking for any quality discussion into sanctuary cities, and what's really going on. You just want to roast this women.

Got it. I'm out.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I would have roasted a male sheriff as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Ahhhhh, you and your silly facts.....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

She should loose her job. This is not the place to do your HRC march. This is a very serious issue, and does she think Trump is going to back down?

Not too smart.

Draining the swamp in action right here.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Okay, so you're not really looking for any quality discussion into sanctuary cities, and what's really going on. You just want to roast this women.

Got it. I'm out.

Trying to play up the emo-train-game again isee. It is a sherrif that is getting what she deserves. And the time for quality discussion have been blown out the window by "progressives" a long time ago already when you where beating up republicans while holding your signs of peace and love and tolerance and threatening to blow up the white house in public cities and telling everyone you will make illegal sanctuaries.

To many strikes , you're out and on Time-out.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes to an objective person the swamp is drying up a bit.

But to others who can's or won't see the word ILLEGAL ALIEN as meaning exactly what it says it is a feelings hurter.

I wish that we could just allow any and all people in. But there has to be rules---Ellis Island?

There were very strict measures in place to make sure people were not sick and were not a burden. This just make sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ahhhhh, you and your silly facts.....

I know and im sorry man

that pesky constitution always gets in the way of some good ol liberalism

new topics

top topics