It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commando dies in U.S. raid in Yemen, first military op OK'd by Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

A U.S. commando died and three others were wounded carrying out a deadly dawn raid on the al Qaeda militant group in southern Yemen on Sunday, in the first military operation authorized by President Donald Trump.

The U.S. military said it killed 14 militants in a raid on a powerful al Qaeda branch that has been a frequent target of U.S. drone strikes. Medics at the scene, however, said around 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

The new U.S. president called the operation a success and said intelligence gathered during the operation would help the United States fight terrorism.

"Americans are saddened this morning with news that a life of a heroic service member has been taken in our fight against the evil of radical

Commando dies in U.S. raid in Yemen, first military op OK'd by Trump

It appears Trump gave the order for U.S military to undertake a raid on an al Quaeda militant group, early Sunday morning. During the raid a clash took place and a U.S Commando lost his life, and three other U.S Commandos wounded.

There were also lots of civilian casualties, including a child, who died of her wounds.

However, Trump claimed the mission a success, despite the casualties, and that they were able to capture some helpful intelligence.

It is claimed at the end of the article that the local al Quaeda group were responsible for the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris, and also trying to shoot down U.S airliners.

With this being the first U.S raid since 2014, Trump isn't going to hang around on going after the Terrorists. In fact, it is becoming very evident that President Trump is acting on his promises way beyond what many expected.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately, squashing these extremists will result in innocent lives lost. Doing nothing about it probably results in even more innocent lives lost long term. No probably about it. Can only hope our leaders and troops do what they can to minimize collateral damage. Remember, these are radical extremists who think women and children make appropriate shields. They are often cowardly cockroaches when # hits the fan.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Trump just made his bones

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Still doesn't equate to the amount of people *civilians* killed in Chicago!

WHERES THAT OUTRAGE NOW?

Soldiers know what they signed up for!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And people that was one of the countries that was included in the travel ban.

Until last nights news.

And it was Al Qaeda that infiltrated the US on 9-11.

Some one needs to tell them no one use's the word commando anymore.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

WHERES THAT OUTRAGE NOW?

You cannot speak of such things as there are massive cultural issues that would be "racist" to address...

When communities start calling out their issues rather than blaming everyone else maybe things would change...

RA

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

From your link:

Eight-year-old Anwar al-Awlaki, the daughter of U.S.-born Yemeni preacher and al Qaeda ideologue Anwar al-Awlaki, was among the children killed in the raid, according to her grandfather. Her father was killed in a U.S. drone strike in 2011.

The local al Qaeda unit organized the Charlie Hebdo magazine attack in Paris in 2015 and has repeatedly tried to down U.S. airliners.

These scumdog people hide among family members and women and children while they organize their heinous plots. Time to get serious. Collateral damage is inevitable. It's unfortunate and heartbreaking when a child is killed, but the fault lies with the terrorists.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith: [answers with his own Gandhi quote] "It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith: I love it when a plan comes together.

All commando jokes aside, thank you sir for serving US, it is you who are the BA keeping others safe.

Death to the head-choppers

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

WHERES THAT OUTRAGE NOW?

You cannot speak of such things as there are massive cultural issues that would be "racist" to address...

When communities start calling out their issues rather than blaming everyone else maybe things would change...

RA

I am just taking a wild guess here, from your past posts, but was that SARCASM?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
no one use's the word commando anymore.

-Chuckle-

I wondered if Jesse Ventura might be the author of that story.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am much more concerned about this writer Trump bashing on the backs of a dead soldier that served us all.

Absolute creepshow in the media these days

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Compared to the number of civilians deaths that have occurred in the past eight years, I fail see how this is relevant. A more surgical approach entails a greater degree of difficulty and risk. Soldiers aren't invincible and Trump authorizing the mission makes him indirectly, but not fully liable for what can happen in the heat of battle.

There's also this...

Filmed in an unknown location, the Houthi fighters displayed the U.S. passport, drivers license, and birth certificate of the alleged mercenary that was killed in Yemen.

Oddly enough, the passport and drivers license had expired a few years back, so the validity of this claim is questionable; especially, given there was no body presented in the video.

Keep a discerning eye on any information being reported as "truth." The CIA are working overtime to undermine Trump's legitimacy with the help of the media. I would heavily scrutinize everything.

edit on 29-1-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Many thanks and condolences to the lost and wounded and their families and friends. I do not take what is offered by our military service members and vets lightly, and I urge Americans to increasingly support our service members in these harsh times.

Our service members deserve to come home to a unified base of citizens... not such political turmoil. Adding fuel to the fires only creates divide. We our sending our youth beyond our borders to keep harm out of our borders! They are seeing death and war... it is unfair for these Patriots to come home to such political hatred. Not only does it devalue their service, it causes conflict within these warriors internally... these stresses are unjust, and they deserve our energy to help them heal what was witnessed outside our borders in conflict.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The people we fight hide among the civilian population and use places like schools and hospitals and places of worship as their hideouts and supply depots. They count on those things to hamper the response of their enemies.

They use our sensibilities against us and very successfully too.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

A U.S. military aircraft, which was identified by the military official as an Osprey, was sent to evacuate the wounded but came under fire and had to be "intentionally destroyed in place," the Pentagon said.

Reminds me of the raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound.

www.popsci.com...

I wonder if any pictures will turn up showing off it was a highly modified stealth version of the Osprey.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

WHERES THAT OUTRAGE NOW?

RA
Au contraire. Its not " black" culture as you are implying, my friend. I'm a Black American and there is no such thing as a "Black community". Black Americans are NOT monolithic. Thugs in Chicago DO NOT represent MOST Black Americans. And contrary to popular belief, most of us are not in some concentrated area, and MOST of us bust our asses and just want what's best for our families and the country. Just like any other true Americans. The thugs are the minority among us Black Americans and if it was up to me, I'd make them extinct. Most of us Black Americans feel this way. It's the ones in the "hoods" that won't handle their business by cleaning up. And as far as being labeled racist, as long as one doesn't think they're better than me because of skin tone, no racism involved.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The people we fight hide among the civilian population and use places like schools and hospitals and places of worship as their hideouts and supply depots. They count on those things to hamper the response of their enemies.

They use our sensibilities against us and very successfully too.

That's why the need to fast track smart bullets.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

edit on 29-1-2017 by neo96 because: Holy double posts !

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

WHERES THAT OUTRAGE NOW?

RA
The thugs are the minority among us Black Americans and if it was up to me, I'd make them extinct. Most of us Black Americans feel this way. It's the ones in the "hoods" that won't handle their business by cleaning up. And as far as being labeled racist, as long as one doesn't think they're better than me because of skin tone, no racism involved.

Well mate I commend you on that statement,

It is also very sad that people in the "Hoods" do not see what they are causing and get it sorted out... More people should be open to call them out like you just have..

RA

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

People lose lives in war...get over it.

Hilary Clinton & Benghazi...innocent lives lost there and she could have prevented it MONTHS in advance.

Let's be honest here...casualties happen in war. That is a fact. But if those lives lost are not in vein to prevent an attack on US then that is the cost of war.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join