It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 'Vetted' Refugees Who Turned to Terrorism After Being Allowed Into America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

What a joke.

No wall, no border, no checkpoint is going to stop a mindset.
All it's going to do is keep innocent families separated.

im with you on that.
youre also going to turn people against the country in general when you detain their families and leave them stranded in the ukraine even though they have a visa.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: GreyScale

How about we find out if they want to kill American citizens before we let them in.

sure.
how?

Proper vetting?

/facepalm

yeah... that should work!

Officer: Are you a muslim?
Immigrant: Uh, no, I'm a Baptist.
Officer: Ok, good. What do you think about Trump?
Immigrant: Actually, I like Trump.
Officer: Ok, good. Welcome to America, here's your insurance card and some startup cash. WalMart is having a sale today on guns and ammo, so hurry!
Immigrant: Thank you, god bless!

/facepalm

edit on 29-1-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: infolurker

youre pushing it hard today..

screw it

no more brown people allowed in because theyre brown....

What evidence do you have for your racial fear-mongering?

link   
lets be fair guys, first of all im a muslim from the ME and specifically the UAE, i don't like ISIS, come to think of it i would rather every one call them AIS ( Anti Islamic State just to piss them off ) and i ask what is wrong with taking a precautionary action for a certain period of time to try and stop those terrorists from entering your country until it is safe to do so?

i mean how bad is it to do so? its not racism, or anti Islamic, hell i don't even want them here in my country because the safety issues, i don't want any of them not even one to enter my country and cause havoc so do anyone in any other country, why should i have to go to your embassy in my country to get a visa so i could enter your country? simply because there is an interview and history background check and that is for the safety of your country, and it takes a while to do so until i get the visa, so why allow an opportunist to take advantage of what is happening in Syria or what ever other country and kill innocent people?

i just fail to understand some peoples logic

I say unite and give the man a chance to prove himself

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You make a good point:

We saw what 19 improperly vetted immigrants did on 9-11.

I'm okay with proper vetting.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

20 'Vetted' Refugees Who Turned to Terrorism After Being Allowed Into America

Twenty (20) out of how many tens of thousands?

That's a statistically insignificant number, and not representative of the majority or even the whole.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

If I knew there would be only one cyanid filled skittle in any given bag ... do you know how many bags I'd buy for my children to eat?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Liquesence

If I knew there would be only one cyanid filled skittle in any given bag ... do you know how many bags I'd buy for my children to eat?

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Go back further than just a guy named Trump to 2015

The Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015.

www.dhs.gov...

Did the last guy have 'business dealings' with them?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Go back further than just a guy named Trump to 2015

The Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015.

www.dhs.gov...

Did the last guy have 'business dealings' with them?

I was just getting your goat with that one Neo

We don't really disagree here.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Will barring everyone from entering stop terrorism in the US permanently?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Will barring everyone from entering stop terrorism in the US permanently?

Right now I'll settle for eliminating Islamic Extremist Terrorism.

We can work on the rest of it in a couple of months.

link   
Don't forget Chris Harper Mercer, who killed 9 people in Oregan. Born in the UK but moved to USA when he was young.

Hope UK are on the list soon for everyone's safety.

link   

It's kind of funny though.

When two federal judges think they have the power to obstruct a Bill created by congress and signed in to LAW by the last guy.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Islamic Terrorism isn't our biggest terrorism threat though. Why not the worst first?

wikipedia

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If we publically and violently kill anyone convicted of terrorism against any American anywhere. . . we just might see fewer attacks and can be a more open society.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
lets be fair guys, first of all im a muslim from the ME and specifically the UAE, i don't like ISIS, come to think of it i would rather every one call them AIS ( Anti Islamic State just to piss them off ) and i ask what is wrong with taking a precautionary action for a certain period of time to try and stop those terrorists from entering your country until it is safe to do so?

i mean how bad is it to do so? its not racism, or anti Islamic, hell i don't even want them here in my country because the safety issues, i don't want any of them not even one to enter my country and cause havoc so do anyone in any other country, why should i have to go to your embassy in my country to get a visa so i could enter your country? simply because there is an interview and history background check and that is for the safety of your country, and it takes a while to do so until i get the visa, so why allow an opportunist to take advantage of what is happening in Syria or what ever other country and kill innocent people?

i just fail to understand some peoples logic

I say unite and give the man a chance to prove himself

Thank you.

This is a measure to try to get a handle on the situation we see on Europe where there is chaos because there was no vetting.

I want this to be a safe country for everyone here no matter who we all are. I am less worried about my neighbors now than I am about those who are coming here from places where we know people who want to create the same chaos we see in Europe are hiding in the refugee stream.

I like helping refugees, but I like the thought of helping embedded ISIS members who want to kill me much less. And I want to be where Europe is now even less than that.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Right now I'll settle for eliminating Islamic Extremist Terrorism.

How do you propose to realistically accomplish that?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

i can only speak for myself but i never even give islamic terrorism a single thought.

i do however wonder if some right wing american born nut job is going to take his machine gun and spray my wife and i down next time we are in the movie theater....
guys im just a loon though

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Considering the relative number of times that has actually happened as opposed to the number of terror attacks by both Muslims and random nuts of either left-leaning or no ideology ...

Yeah, you are a loon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join