It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@People who oppose the Muslim Immigration Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't travel to any of those places, I don't like hot weather.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It is not a ban on Muslims or a ban on any religion, however because the media wants to portray it as such they keep repeating it so others repeat it and then it becomes factual when it is not factual. Here is the full text:

www.cnn.com...

It simply prevents immigration for a 4 month period of time to allow the government to design a process to fully vett those immigrants, not once does it mention anyones religion. Christians make up a perccentage of those refugees who wish to immigrate so stop calling it a ban on Muslims as it is not.

Your title whether intentional or not is misleading and false. Disinformation is the same as a lie...shame

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Saudi Arabia should be on this list.

Why are we allowing them to come her when they have provided most of the 9/11 terrorists and have been notorious for promoting terror and hatred?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

It's a ban of people from Muslim majority nations, with an exemption for religious minorities, which would no doubt include christians.

Or is that not true?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Of course. It's a ban on countries where radical Islam is rampant. Would you expect that to happen in Buddhist countries?

We aren't the ones killing non-believers. Not our fault that it happens exclusively in Muslim countries.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

But its not...read the text of the Executive Order which I conveniently supplied for you to read. It is a TEMPORARY ban on travel of refugees from 7 countries which are suspected of harboring, training, or supplying money to terrorists organisations. Those terrorist happen to be predominantly of Muslim faith. Christians are being prevented from travel in those countries as well so religion plays no part of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Indonesia has 200+ million Muslims, and not one of them are banned. Media outlets calling this is a ban on Muslims are spreading fake news.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just saw this on twitter

and have to say it's the most democratic thing I've seen in a while. Impressive.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Thank-you for the convenience. Section 5(e)

Notwithstanding the temporary suspension imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may jointly determine to admit individuals to the United States as refugees on a case-by-case basis, in their discretion, but only so long as they determine that the admission of such individuals as refugees is in the national interest -- including when the person is a religious minority in his country of nationality facing religious persecution, when admitting the person would enable the United States to conform its conduct to a preexisting international agreement, or when the person is already in transit and denying admission would cause undue hardship -- and it would not pose a risk to the security or welfare of the United States

There are a lot of high profile people complaining that they would be banned (sportsmen, politicians etc), but this section seems to imply that that may not be the case either.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's some pretty absurd logic you have going on there. If they were safe enough for tourism, people wouldn't be seeking refuge from them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i would love to visit iraq and iran.
im fascinated by that part of the world and if i had a chance i would visit.

well i would have visited up to 9 days ago.

You're so much more virtuous than all these horrible white people.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
My only inssue here is people with legal visas, should still be able to visit.

If this ban was truly for the security of the usa, saudi arabia would be the first country with a ban on traveling.

Hey remember when Trump said ban ALL Muslim immigration but got chit for it so he backtracked?

Hey remember when trump said dumb # and you believed it.i do lol

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Religion and politics should not feast at the same table... plain and simple.

I oppose divide, but how a government chooses to remedy its ailments is really none of my concern much past the concerns of how the masses will include their religious views on this geopolitical concern...

Politics and religion should not feast at all. They are a parasitic organism, a virus, deep within the body of this program . We must rid ourselves or the whole program will be corrupted.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I agree that whole idea of a refugee ban is cowardly. america is turning into a nation of sissies, afraid of its own shadow.

Im not sure if america knows how foolish it looks to other nations...

Not sure if you realize how foolish your statements sound. You sound like Mr Bigly making grand sweeping judgements on how all individuals from different nations feel. I don't think America looks foolish. I think some look frustrated.. and many are hopeful that this change will eventually lead to a better quality of life for many Americans.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

You're right, i was being too general.

There is a clear divide in america between cowards the rest, but fear has been taking a stronger and deeper grip as each year passes, hopefully the american public can correct this.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Sheye

You're right, i was being too general.

There is a clear divide in america between cowards the rest, but fear has been taking a stronger and deeper grip as each year passes, hopefully the american public can correct this.

Hopefully they can..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing? And if you wouldn't travel there because of X, Y, or Z why should they be allowed to come here if you wouldn't even visit or immigrate there?

The reason why you wouldn't want to travel there is the reason why the refugees want to leave. Conspicuously absent are countries that are known to breed terrorists: Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Egypt, Turkey, and Belgium. Trump has business connections to all these places.
edit on 29-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Indonesia has 200+ million Muslims, and not one of them are banned. Media outlets calling this is a ban on Muslims are spreading fake news.

Trump's business associate there is being investigated for fraud. It would be imprudent to antagonize the Indonesian government... the President might be called on to testify!

ETA: www.nytimes.com...
edit on 29-1-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing? And if you wouldn't travel there because of X, Y, or Z why should they be allowed to come here if you wouldn't even visit or immigrate there?

The reason why you wouldn't want to travel there is the reason why the refugees want to leave. Conspicuously absent are countries that are known to breed terrorists: Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Egypt, Turkey, and Belgium. Trump has business connections to all these places.

So then why don't the Military aged men stay and change there country.? The rebellion in Syria has been employing Child Soldiers to fight for the cause because all the Men are cowards fleeing there country and trying to change the country they settle in instead of assimilating into the country adopting the Language, and value system?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Im not sure if america knows how foolish it looks to other nations...

Not sure other nations realize we don't give a fu** what they think. Why should we run our country based on your opinion? Do you poll Americans before you decide what to do?
We don't want another 9/11 or Paris, so we are trying to do something about it and we don't need the world's approval.
Run your own country. Keep your nose out of our's.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join