It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@People who oppose the Muslim Immigration Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Stevemagegod

If the West would stop meddling in the Middle East with war, drone strikes, and regime change, yeah I sure would have been visiting said places.

Either way, these places are now hell holes and that's all thanks to the West so banning people running from terrorists and wars we started/created is so pathetic. Cowards comes to mind. Anti-Christian comes to mind.

One of my biggest problems is that the people out there in the streets and airports don't even realize this! They are just up in arms because Trump took a stance (if it's truly a 90 day temporary thing I'm not super supposed, but if it's an excuse to temporarily but really permanently ban then I am super apposed). There wouldn't be a refugee situation without our direct involvement. One I've be abhorently against for years. Bush, Obama, Clinton, Trump so far...

They need to be pushed via the MSM to take action. It's disturbing, really.

link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
What aren't people talking about the refugee already cleared and released from jfk?

The look on Democratic Rep Valazquez's face is very telling of the ongoing agenda to steer public opinion.

Lol, don't expect that one to be repeated over and over again.

link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Most of the detained have already been released lawfully.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing? And if you wouldn't travel there because of X, Y, or Z why should they be allowed to come here if you wouldn't even visit or immigrate there?

I would check out Yemen..I have had friends who went there and there are many beautiful areas to explore. Same (moreso even) in Iran, however Iran has some issues going on obviously.
Syria..well, I would like to check out some of the historic places, but again..issues. Lybia nope, Sudan, naa, Somalia is my view of what hell on earth would probably be. Iraq...I had high hopes but until they work out their isis problems, nope.

Why would we want people from these areas to visit the west? well, that depends on the person, doesn't it. some rich yemenese family wanting to visit disney and taste western culture is vastly different than some poor angry single guy wanting to visit the west that he blames for all his personal problems.

But, then you got the other option of some person who simply hates living where he lives, maybe a atheist surrounded by this crap religious theocracy and he/she simply wants to get out to a better lifestyle.

But to that, I would suggest they may want to check out China instead of going west...although China cracks down very hard on all immigrants, legal or otherwise..so..it is certainly a conundrum.

Holy crap someone actually answered my OP. I to would love to visit some of these countries Historical Sites since the Middle East is the cradle of civilization. But the only way I would be able to visit any of these countries is if I joined the Military and i don't see that happening anytime soon. Plus I don't feel like getting kidnapped and held for Ransom. I would love to visit Egypt but I still remember that revolt they had a few years ago and overthrew the Government. Who is ran by the Muslim Brotherhood a group on the terrorist list.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'd buy that man a beer if I was in New York.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ironic isn't it, considerng that almost all of the terrorist attacks have been in Leftist liberal Blue Zones.

Proof they are entirely out of touch with reality.

Yes, the Blue controlled areas enable terror, good point.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Utter beauty

youtu.be...

edit on 29-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing?

Wouldn't go to Libya after the last guy bombed the hell out of it, and an ambassador and threes others were slaughtered.

Wouldn't go to Sudan because if the terrorists didn't get me. Ebola would.

Wouldn't go to Somalia because I watched Black Hawk Down, and remember when a food mission by a US president became a police action that got ALOT of people killed.

Wouldn't go to Yemen because Iran and Saudi are waging another proxy war so if the Wahabbists didn't get me the 12ers would.

Wouldn't go to Iraq because Gw brought shock and awe, then a later president cut and ran and left the JV in charge.

Wouldn't go to Syria because I still have nightmares about terrorists killing poor little rabbits with chembio warfare.

I don't have a problem with a travel ban from terrorist hot spots.

To wit.

Your either with us or against us, and it's clear who is aiding and abetting people that would rather kill us than look at us.
edit on 29-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am not opposed to the temporary ban on immigrants from these countries and I really don't see what the uproar is all about since many other presidents have enacted similar bans in the past without all of the hoohah.

As far as visiting those places I can honestly say I would never visit a country where women are treated as property and not afforded the same freedoms and courtesies as men.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If the West would stop meddling in the Middle East with war, drone strikes, and regime change, yeah I sure would have been visiting said places.

Either way, these places are now hell holes and that's all thanks to the West so banning people running from terrorists and wars we started/created is so pathetic. Cowards comes to mind. Anti-Christian comes to mind.

Your a fool with an agenda look at your post history everything Trump does you oppose shill much.

These countries including Syria: over 20% of their support ISIS and their beliefs.

So 1 in 5 want destruction to the western world.

How many have you taken in?

What i find funny is the Left dropped 100,000 bombs in 7 Muslim countries and yet have the nerve to attack Trump on his policies.
edit on 29-1-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
My only issue here is people with legal visas, should still be able to visit.

If this ban was truly for the security of the usa, saudi arabia would be the first country with a ban on traveling.

Which is exactly why you know it will be ineffective and it is just for show.

Wahhabism was born and bred in Saudi Arabia , but since they spend billions buying us politicians, they get a pass.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i would love to visit iraq and iran.
im fascinated by that part of the world and if i had a chance i would visit.

well i would have visited up to 9 days ago.

edit on 29-1-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
I would love to visit Egypt but I still remember that revolt they had a few years ago and overthrew the Government. Who is ran by the Muslim Brotherhood a group on the terrorist list.

Work used to send me over to Egypt (Cairo) now and then for weeks at a time...this was pre-revolution so I dont actually know how things are now..I can only remark on what it was like before.

It was chaotic but oddly orderly in the chaos (no doubt the 2-3 guards with machine guns on every corner helped that out). It was fantastic historically, super freaking loud (egyptians tend to talk with their horns...seriously..its a thing. they just beep their horns endlessly for no reason at all while driving...maybe they think its music..who knows).

I got some stares (at the time I was a pony tailed white dude so they were curious, but overly given its a big tourist area). I never felt..threatened though. The people I worked with were super friendly and not different in regards to general life interests and concerns at all...but the prayer 5 times a day and different weekend days struck me as odd..otherwise, like anywhere else.

There were a couple incidences that were not right. seen some guy slap around his girlfriend at a bar (a bar....) but nobody wanted to intervene because it was not their business..well, until my english collegue and I put up a fuss to get that guy ejected. We drank more, therefore were of more importance and they had to do something.
Again, another bar where some guy started getting quite upset that I was a atheist and didn't think sunrises were made by Allah.
I think the moral of the story is...muslims cant hold their liquor
(probably why its forbidden for them)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I could not help but notice on your avatar that you appear to recommend sheltering your family from the CBC. Just a little too radical for you?

edit on 29-1-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: spelling matters, eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing? And if you wouldn't travel there because of X, Y, or Z why should they be allowed to come here if you wouldn't even visit or immigrate there?

What a silly OP.

What does the one have to do with the other?

And how is that even a valid or reasonable argument? People are individuals, and they tend to relocate to places that are better from whence they came.

To say that because you wouldn't visit their country we shouldn't let them here is just silly logic.

I'll share with you a news story from 2009 in my local area.

www.jihadwatch.org...

I am from Buffalo, NY and this guy was supposedly a "Moderate" Muslim Immigrant from Pakistan. He chopped off his wife's head. He was a individual who relocated. Living a "Normal" life but still holds onto some very ancient violent barbaric practices. This case proves that people who live in those countries can't assimilate into our civilised society. This guy refused all of the state's help he tried to defend himself and was found guilty in the 2nd degree of Murder. And before you say Pakistan isnt on the list just remember where they found Osama Bin Laden hiding out.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Forget that I suppose.

And yes that's funny
just realized truth be told.
I tell you, you Canadians are out to get us!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
I tell you, you Canadians are out to get us!

Yes, but we'll be nice about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Stop dodging? that was my first post in this thread.

and i cant reply to your question, because i am thankfully not an american citizen.

And that brings me to another point. America doesn't rule the world, and shouldn't have to take care of the world. People protesting Trump's inauguration at American Embassies is such a waste of time and energy when they didn't even elect Trump. The American people did. We are finally going to have a President who is putting America 1st.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing?

Wouldn't go to Libya after the last guy bombed the hell out of it, and an ambassador and threes others were slaughtered.

Wouldn't go to Sudan because if the terrorists didn't get me. Ebola would.

Wouldn't go to Somalia because I watched Black Hawk Down, and remember when a food mission by a US president became a police action that got ALOT of people killed.

Wouldn't go to Yemen because Iran and Saudi are waging another proxy war so if the Wahabbists didn't get me the 12ers would.

Wouldn't go to Iraq because Gw brought shock and awe, then a later president cut and ran and left the JV in charge.

Wouldn't go to Syria because I still have nightmares about terrorists killing poor little rabbits with chembio warfare.

I don't have a problem with a travel ban from terrorist hot spots.

To wit.

Your either with us or against us, and it's clear who is aiding and abetting people that would rather kill us than look at us.

Well said sir.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I highly doubt that!
These places have been festering beds of turmoil and violence for decades!
Sure our intervention only makes then hate America more. But American involvement or not these places were destined to be hell.
But...

Enjoy your trip and do please send pictures back to your ATS family.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join