It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@People who oppose the Muslim Immigration Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing? And if you wouldn't travel there because of X, Y, or Z why should they be allowed to come here if you wouldn't even visit or immigrate there?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Religion and politics should not feast at the same table... plain and simple.

I oppose divide, but how a government chooses to remedy its ailments is really none of my concern much past the concerns of how the masses will include their religious views on this geopolitical concern...

link   

So here's a question. Is the ban even by President Trump or is it a continuation of President Obama's law?

www.dhs.gov...
assets.documentcloud.org... (EO text)

From first source:

The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.

edit on 29-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

Though I can see some issues as based on MSM this "ban" seems more open/wide?

I am still reading up and trying to find information.

As a general matter, categories of travelers who may be eligible for a waiver include individuals who traveled to these countries on behalf of international organizations, regional organizations, and sub-national governments on official duty; on behalf of a humanitarian NGO on official duty; or as a journalist for reporting purpose

+8 more 
link   

The only ones calling a Muslim ban are the MSM and their flock of sheep.

Just sayin...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The Left is now openly fighting for terrorism by opposing this ban. Doesn't matter what they think or say, the People of America see it that way.

Making America Great by exposing one scumbag at a time, Trump wins again.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If the West would stop meddling in the Middle East with war, drone strikes, and regime change, yeah I sure would have been visiting said places.

Either way, these places are now hell holes and that's all thanks to the West so banning people running from terrorists and wars we started/created is so pathetic. Cowards comes to mind. Anti-Christian comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My only issue here is people with legal visas, should still be able to visit.

If this ban was truly for the security of the usa, saudi arabia would be the first country with a ban on traveling.
edit on 29-1-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

If the West would stop meddling in the Middle East with war, drone strikes, and regime change, yeah I sure would have been visiting said places.

Either way, these places are now hell holes and that's all thanks to the West so banning people running from terrorists and wars we started/created is so pathetic. Cowards comes to mind. Anti-Christian comes to mind.

Okay then would you have visited Iraq when Saddam was still in power?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
My only inssue here is people with legal visas, should still be able to visit.

If this ban was truly for the security of the usa, saudi arabia would be the first country with a ban on traveling.

Hey remember when Trump said ban ALL Muslim immigration but got chit for it so he backtracked?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
EO text

The EO cites a few existing laws that apparently have not been followed aggressively.

Look 'em up and see.

All the existing laws are from past Administrations.

The MSM is not showing people this.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
My only issue here is people with legal visas, should still be able to visit.

The 4 court orders from yesterday and today are allowing that.

And the EO itself allows for exceptions.

The MSM is steering opinions, not the actual events.

edit on Jan-29-2017 by xuenchen because: basketofdeportables

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree that whole idea of a refugee ban is cowardly. america is turning into a nation of sissies, afraid of its own shadow.

Im not sure if america knows how foolish it looks to other nations...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The Left is now openly fighting for terrorism by opposing this ban. Doesn't matter what they think or say, the People of America see it that way.

Making America Great by exposing one scumbag at a time, Trump wins again.

My favorite Scumbag is Madonna. O I love the oh so tolerant hypocritical left.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I agree that whole idea of a refugee ban is cowardly. america is turning into a nation of sissies, afraid of its own shadow.

Im not sure if america knows how foolish it looks to other nations...

Stop dodging my Original Post.Try and answer it truthfully if you can.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ironic isn't it, considerng that almost all of the terrorist attacks have been in Leftist liberal Blue Zones.

Proof they are entirely out of touch with reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Before Trump came to power would any of you as American citizens travel to any of these countries for sightseeing? And if you wouldn't travel there because of X, Y, or Z why should they be allowed to come here if you wouldn't even visit or immigrate there?

I would check out Yemen..I have had friends who went there and there are many beautiful areas to explore. Same (moreso even) in Iran, however Iran has some issues going on obviously.
Syria..well, I would like to check out some of the historic places, but again..issues. Lybia nope, Sudan, naa, Somalia is my view of what hell on earth would probably be. Iraq...I had high hopes but until they work out their isis problems, nope.

Why would we want people from these areas to visit the west? well, that depends on the person, doesn't it. some rich yemenese family wanting to visit disney and taste western culture is vastly different than some poor angry single guy wanting to visit the west that he blames for all his personal problems.

But, then you got the other option of some person who simply hates living where he lives, maybe a atheist surrounded by this crap religious theocracy and he/she simply wants to get out to a better lifestyle.

But to that, I would suggest they may want to check out China instead of going west...although China cracks down very hard on all immigrants, legal or otherwise..so..it is certainly a conundrum.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What a silly OP.

What does the one have to do with the other?

And how is that even a valid or reasonable argument? People are individuals, and they tend to relocate to places that are better from whence they came.

To say that because you wouldn't visit their country we shouldn't let them here is just silly logic.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Stop dodging? that was my first post in this thread.

and i cant reply to your question, because i am thankfully not an american citizen.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

That is some crazy logic.
Why should Trump not implement the policies that he is entitled to and thinks he should to protect citizens just because moronic presidents in the past like Obama and Bush messed things up so badly?

edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
What aren't people talking about the refugee already cleared and released from jfk?

The look on Democratic Rep Valazquez's face is very telling of the ongoing agenda to steer public opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join