It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Kal Penn creates fundraiser for refugees after being told he 'doesn't belong in America'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Actor Kal Penn has turned a nasty comment about his origins into an inspiring cause as he raised more than $160,000 in a few hours for Syrian refugees. The Harold and Kumar star who went on to become an associate director in the White House Office of Public Engagement, tweeted a picture of a vile comment on his Instagram account which read: “You don’t belong in this country you f***ing joke”. But Penn, who was born to Indian parents in the state of New Jersey, tweeted the picture with a link to a fundraising page, he created under the name “donating to Syrian refugees in the name of the dude who said I don’t belong in America”.

www.independent.co.uk...

Now I am very much personally against bringing in refugees unless neocons such as Bush and Cheney allowed them in their properties and they are properly vetted but come on folks do we need to be discriminatory to someone just because of his appearance? Kal Penn is an American and while I don't agree with his stance for toward refugees we should at least act courteous toward a person regardless of race, religion, etc as long as they are not a threat to the public.

edit on 1/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

They are properly vetted. It takes at least 2 years, at least 2 years, for their investigation to be complete. TWO+ YEARS OF VETTING ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

I despise Bush and Cheney but your calls for refugees to live with them is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That would be fine, but we all know the process is a joke, visit Paramus NJ with your bible in hand for proof! a reply to: Swills

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

No, it's you're opinion the process is a joke. An opinion based on no facts and all ignorance.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
STAY ON TOPIC....
There are plenty of threads to discuss Trumps EO on refugees and immigration....
THIS is NOT one fo them....

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

if the *Americans* living in the US had strict vetting laws or had gun powder, Europeans wouldnt be called Americans.

*by Americans i mean the ones living in America before they were slaughtered and their home was taken away.
but, ffs, this country wasnt built by one group of people, but it seems only one group claims it its own, unequivocally, as if they were indigenous to the US.

most of the people writing those nasty comments, their lineage wouldnt go past 3 generations without seeing traces of 'immigrants' in their blood lines.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Racist d-bags will always be a wonderful source for waking up moderates, liberals, and conservatives alike to rally against those jackasses and mock their existance.

Of course there will be plenty of oozes who stand behind the overt racists..and thats good..sort of marks them as what they are so down the road should they try to run for any office, that can come up to destroy their chances. political darwinism at work.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

It's interesting how you guys downplay worldwide Islamic terrorism, but one Anonymous person says something on Instagram and you explod it into a national crisis.
edit on 29-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: SaturnFX

It's interesting how you guys downplay worldwide Islamic terrorism, but one Anonymous person says something on Instagram and you explod it into a national crisis.

You guys? who is that?
Ive been pretty critical about islamic terrorism and am all for tightening up any immigration process from islamic states..also religion in general being pushed into politics is a big of a passion of mine to oppose..because one day US may have a lot of muslims and having islam being run on the religious government structure being pushed by christians here in the states is the big issue us atheists have overall with religion in government.

Funny how "you guys" tend to not address that slippery slope.

As far as "one guy on instagram", do you honestly believe there is only 1 guy who is being a assface to anyone who looks foreign? and before you answer that, let me have you understand I am in the deep south in a country town..now that you have that tidbit of information, please carry on and explain to me how there is only 1 ignorant s--tlord out there spewing this nonsense as of late.

you guys indeed.

Sorry if your intolerant of my intolerance of the intolerant...but I honestly dont give a crap about your views...if me saying racists suck offends you..then thats a win in my book.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well played.....wish these celebs could also motivate people to push for cancer cures

new topics

top topics

join