It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would chinook military helicopters be flying in northern ohio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

There's been a lot of activity that way the last week or so. A lot of C-17 traffic heading out and coming back. Pax had an interesting P-3 flight the other night too.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just hazarding a guess...because their rotors are turning and because they can...
a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

Wow incredibly close to me. Most of my days are spent upstate in that area.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS! MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CHONGO

Because there's not. There are hundreds of military aircraft over the US every day. I track as many as 1500 flights over the US during the day, and a couple hundred overnight.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
N. California, we had 3 C-130 Military transport planes land at the Redding Airport, which is very odd. Then we had a chinook fly by on the same day. Not saying anything is going on, but I live on the flight path and Ive never seen Military aircraft like this at our tiny airport.

Statistics furnished by the Redding airport to the FAA show an average of over a thousand military operations per year at the airport. See www.airnav.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Thank you for pointing that out, I didnt know there were stats available. I live under the flight path, but never noticed them before.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What about the P-3 at PAX?

I know the C-130's were from the 911th group out of Pittsburgh. They were shooting instrument approaches at a local airport. By the way "Wings Over Pittsburgh 2017" is ON! May 13th & 14th. They have been absent the last few years. Always a great show.

My seven year old great niece and some of her friends saw the 130's yesterday, so I guess we are going to an airshow in May.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

He stayed below 10,000 the entire time, making triangular orbits over the test range for several hours.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the answer to the "argument " that " i have never seen them in my area before "

and this` applies to all military aircfaft of any type is simple :

pilot navigation training

yes this is the 21st century - and they all have GPS etc - but piolts are still required to train without advanced nagigational aids - because dependance on them leads to critical errors if the navigation suite fails

thus - mavigational exercises are often conducted overr areas the pilots have NEVER overflown before - just so they cannot use familiar landmarks as waypoints [ AKA cheating ]

very simple - and utterly devoid of any conspiracy

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Uhhhhh that's what P-3s do. I'm surprised that he went that high. I rode from Jacksonville FL to Reykjavik in one and we never went above 8,000 ft.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Over land? Above a known test range where they've been testing F-35s and UAVs? I know they do over water, he was inland over the Pax River test ranges.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'm betting that they are testing the Synthetic Aperture Radar for the P-8. It is supposed to have enough resolution to be able to pick out ground targets.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I forgot they were getting that. You're probably right. IIRC they were basing it on the one the P-3 carries.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I've got a brother-in-law that works down there on Marine One. He's an ex-AT and still has an interest in that stuff. He said something about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join