It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pretty clear some lives matter more than others

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone is treating this like a Muslim ban, but it's not.

It doesn't need to be to still be wrong. I find it hard to believe this sort of thing doesn't bother you:

Part of the president’s order gives preferential treatment to Christians who try to enter the United States from majority-Muslim countries. In a Twitter post on Sunday morning, Mr. Trump deplored the killings of Christians in the Middle East without noting the killings of Muslims, who have been killed in vastly greater numbers in Iraq, Syria and elsewhere.

He defended Mr. Trump’s order, saying it had been carried out smoothly and was protecting Americans from terrorist threats. On Saturday, a day after the order was issued, airports were marked by scenes of confusion and protest as officials tried to interpret the order, including how to handle green card holders.

Around the globe on Saturday, legal residents of the United States who hold valid green cards and approved visas were blocked from boarding planes overseas or detained for hours in American airports.

“We continue to face Border Patrol noncompliance and chaos,” said Marielena Hincapié, the executive director of the National Immigration Law Center.

There was no thought put into this - on purpose. Chaos was the point:

Shortly after President Trump issued his sweeping immigration order Friday evening, questions began to arise about its scope. It clearly suspended the refugee program, and blocked new immigration from residents of seven majority-Muslim countries. But it slowly became clear that it went even further than that.

As agencies confirmed Saturday, the ban on entry into the US also applied to existing US lawful permanent residents from those seven countries — Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen. So as many as 500,000 green card holders, many of whom have lived and worked in the US for years, suddenly learned that if they travel outside the country they may not be allowed back in (the White House says they’ll be considered only on a case-by-case basis). Some were in transit when the order was issued and detained at airports across the country upon arrival.

According to CNN’s Evan Perez and Pamela Brown, this shockingly broad move was the brainchild of White House chief strategist Steve Bannon. Remarkably, they report that when the order was released Friday, the Department of Homeland Security concluded that it wouldn’t affect green card holders. But “overnight,” this decision was overruled by the White House, with Bannon’s personal involvement. (White House chief of staff Reince Priebus may have walked this back somewhat during a television appearance Sunday, but it’s not entirely clear.)

Emphasis mine

edit on 1/29/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i dont get it.
christians in musllim nations get preference when it comes to being allowed to come to the states.

why is that? why are they more important?

i dont think i understand this world....

It's the us-versus-them mentality combined with cultural superiority/inferiority.

Americans are more important than everyone else.
Christian Americans are more important than non-Christians.
Christians are more important than non-Christians (Muslims) because Muslims are seen as inferior, just like other peoples/"races"/cultures/religions throughout history.

It's a discriminatory, hate-filled divisiveness, but people who support it do not see it as such because they are blinded by their selfish, ignorant, nationalistic pride.

All this does is fuel Muslim anti-US sentiment, and many people who support it are too stupid to see that.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hmmm, how many residents of this country traveled to other countries ... obtained training ... came home and killed us in terrorist attacks? Wasn't it the San Bernardino couple who had one person who went to another country, married a woman, and then he brought her home and they went on a rip shooting up a Christmas party?

How many have done that in Europe?

How many have embedded themselves into the refugee streams posing as refugees?

That is the problem. How do you figure out which is which? It's not like they're going to tell you until it's too late.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh, I get it.

But I'd rather not continue to watch mass shootings, bombings and truck attacks so they can be said to hate us a tiny bit less.

I'd also rather not lose more of my rights so that when I want to go fly, I have to receive an anal probe just to make sure I'm not packing an anal suicide bomb because they've started doing that one and we can't discriminate because profiling will make them hate us more ... so we all suddenly have to bend over for the TSA now.
edit on 29-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You haven't lost any rights.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So I can just go fly without an intensive scanning from the TSA? I don't have to follow all kinds of weird rules on container size and other things for my luggage?

All because it would be wrong to profile. We aren't treated to regular videos of people being subjected to humiliating treatment at the hands of airport security -- grandmas, cancer patients, children, etc. - because we can't profile and they might have a bomb tucked away somewhere?

Go tell me some more tall tales.

I get it. You don't have to fly, but air travel has gotten ridiculous thanks to our need to be "fair" and make everyone feel like a terrorist because we don't want to piss people off. Instead, we piss off everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

LOL Yes, anyone white, Christian, male has a lower value.

I'd like to edit my post. The above are nullified so long you're a liberal and stay on their plantations.
edit on 29-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So I can just go fly without an intensive scanning from the TSA? I don't have to follow all kinds of weird rules on container size and other things for my luggage?

so where is your loss of rights?
we have/had the right to not be scanned by TSA?
we have/had the right to carry any size luggage we want?

the travesty of having to follow luggage size requirements...
the horror of it all

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Have you lost the right to fly?

No.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

but they do have to arrive at the airport an hour early and can only carry a certain size bag on the plane.
i mean its awful

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Only children expect Utopia. The rest of us have grown up.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The answer to all this lies in hte movie "They Live", I watch this movie every couple of years and it hasn't dated. The Issue is the same, elites getting richer and the poor get the picture !
edit on 29-1-2017 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join