It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pretty clear some lives matter more than others

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Why, are you serious?

Maybe because that is where the majority of the genocide is occurring? You know, ISIS and all.

yeah i am serious.
syria and obama is not the topic of my thread

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think they are in the most danger of being killed, maybe the U.S. should have given german jews immigration priority in the 1930`s.

It`s good that Trump has learned from history so that the U.S. doesn`t repeat the same mistakes.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The Executive order applies to all religious minorities who are persecuted in thes countries, not just Christians.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The Executive order applies to all religious minorities who are persecuted in thes countries, not just Christians.

i get that but i watched trump say that christians will take priority

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Which violates the 14th amendment.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I get that, but The interviewer asked about persecuted Christians specifically. If he was asked about the Druze or Jews he may have answered differently.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

This feeds my views of free will of thought. Opening lines are Christians/Muslims... all I can read is Human Beings. I do understand enough of its presence to know how to mingle through the divide, but it holds no other value to me.

I ignored nearly every single post that divided humans, so I breezed right through your thread so to speak.

I find much value in the words of the neutral as compared to the fact findings of alternate realities...

On to the next simplified outlook on dilemmas... I know I feel better!!!

Best Wishes!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
im gonna keep the news on because i am waiting for the bottom to drop out.
there are thousands of protesters in the streets in major cities and in airports including outside the white house.

it is peaceful so far but i am waiting for the violence to start. them im sure it will really get nasty.

i wonder how long till the round up starts.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I should've guessed Eritrea. They have a fairly big diaspora, though I thought the majority of their refugees went to Israel. But Israel's been deporting them so maybe the US picked up the slack?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Maybe because they get slaughtered by both the people who are forcing them to flee and the people who are fleeing with them? So are the Yazidis and other similar religious minorities. It is a real genocide that the media refuses to report on.

And, yes, why was Obama taking Muslims in exclusion of the other groups?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I should've guessed Eritrea. They have a fairly big diaspora, though I thought the majority of their refugees went to Israel. But Israel's been deporting them so maybe the US picked up the slack?

I assume so along with the EU.

Harakat al Jihad al Islami. The Eritrean government of President Issayas Afewerki and the ruling People's Front for Democracy and Justice, the only permitted party, face armed opposition within the country from the Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement and from the Eritrean Liberation Front faction led by Abdallah Idris.

www.cfr.org...

Many more Eritreans reside in neighboring Ethiopia and Sudan, bringing the diaspora to about half a million, and making the country of six million people “one of the world’s fastest-emptying nations,” according to the Wall Street Journal. The scale of the migration has heightened Western interest in conditions inside one of the world's most closed countries, where those who have fled describe a long-standing system of forced labor, among other human rights violations, that a UN commission said “may constitute crimes against humanity.”

Conscription in the national service program is the factor most commonly cited by asylum seekers who have fled the country.

The UN commission of inquiry found that national service often entails “arbitrary detention, torture, sexual torture, forced labor, absence of leave, and the [sic] ludicrous pay,” calling it “an institution where slavery-like practices are routine.” For many, leaving national service is only possible by deserting the military and fleeing the country, the commission found.

What are the EU and U.S. policies toward Eritrea and Eritrean asylum seekers?

Eritreans have prima facie designations from the UN refugee agency, meaning they are presumed to have legitimate asylum claims.

U.S. refugee policy prioritizes those Eritreans seeking protection on the basis of religious persecution. In its October 2015 report to Congress, the Obama administration called attention to what it says is Eritrea’s repression of those subscribing to evangelical sects, as well as government control of state-sanctioned Christian and Muslim denominations.

www.theguardian.com...

Eritrea, at number three on the list, is dubbed “the North Korea of Africa”. President Isaias Afewerki’s “totalitarian paranoia” is driving hundreds of thousands of its citizens into the hands of people smugglers. “Eritrean Christians, even though they know there is a very high probability of falling into the hands of traffickers and ruthless radical groups like Daesh [Islamic State], are still desperate to escape from Eritrea,” the report quotes one of its researchers as saying.

edit on 29-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Here's the thing.

Everyone is treating this like a Muslim ban, but it's not.

If it was, we wouldn't be taking people from countries in Indonesia which is majority Muslim and Pakistan isn't listed, neither is Afghanistan or Jordan for that matter ... not even the Saudis which is suspicious. You can come here from the UAE and Kuwait and Lebanon. Oh and Morocco too. Gosh, there are a lot of Muslims who can still come into this country unmolested. Muslims from Europe can come here! Muslims from the former Soviet states like Uzbekistan ...

So this is far from a Muslim ban. In fact, it is a travel restriction on people from certain countries more than a ban on a religion.

In fact, this list came from an Obama bill. Why was there no outrage over it back then?

I guess because the press didn't characterize it as a "Muslim ban" as though the only Muslims in the world come from these 7 nations.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: infolurker
Why, are you serious?

Maybe because that is where the majority of the genocide is occurring? You know, ISIS and all.

yeah i am serious.
syria and obama is not the topic of my thread

Maybe because the of places like Africa (discussed earlier in the thread) where millions of Christians are desperately trying to escape because it is life or death (not economic prosperity).

Eritrea, at number three on the list, is dubbed “the North Korea of Africa”.

edit on 29-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Had we not been a member of the UN, we wouldn't have been pissing in other people's sandboxes in the first place. People are foolish enough to believe the UN peacekeepers missions are about peace, when in fact they are globalist cash cows..
We wouldn't even have closed borders if it weren't for elites playing divide and conquer with terrorism and race baiting, let alone the new game-religion war...
As long as media keeps peoples emotions wound, they keep taking the bait..
In the end it's all just nepotism.
edit on 1292017 by Natas0114 because: Second thought

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Wait what? The numbers are almost identical. 38,901 Muslim refugees compared to 37,521 Christian refugees. And note, that is for "refugees" not "immigrants".

ETA: lol He beat me to it.

right?
cnn saying the same thing
i dont see how that equals few christians in relation to muslim...seems pretty damn close to me

I believe the misunderstanding is in the definition of Muslim refugees. I am speaking of Syrian refugees and I believe you are citing world wide statistics. The fact is that Syrian refugee immigration is up over 600% in 2015 with over 99% being Muslim.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So this is far from a Muslim ban. In fact, it is a travel restriction on people from certain countries more than a ban on a religion.

I:

its more than that though.

residents of this country are being detained at airports....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

DULLES, Virginia ― The U.S. government must “permit lawyers access to all legal permanent residents being detained at Dulles International Airport,” a federal judge in Virginia ordered late Saturday. But U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at this airport outside Washington, D.C., defied the judge’s order, blocking attorneys from talking to the lawful permanent residents CBP was detaining here. Border Patrol agents had detained dozens of people who were trying to enter the U.S. from the seven majority-Muslim countries covered by President Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration

these are residents of this country that were traveling back from certain countries

Fatima Ebrahimi, an Iranian citizen who has been living in the U.S. for six years, emerged from the CBP holding area with her two young children, one of whom was disabled, shortly before midnight. Although she is a legal permanent resident from Bethesda, Maryland, and her two children are U.S. citizens, they were detained for about five hours.

i cant believe that people are ok with this

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

im not talking about muslim refugees. im also not talking about syrian refugees.
im talking about refugees.

for some reason people want to only talk syria and obama

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Just for the record, Christianity is the single largest religion on the African continent. Something like 45% of all Africans are Christians. So it's not like they're leaving their Christian-majority countries from persecution.

For example, roughly 90-95 % of people in the DR Congo are Christians. But they've also been fighting nearly a constant string of civil wars & regional conflicts ever since they gained their independence from Belgium in 1960. Hence the refugees.

And Eritrea is roughly 50% Christianity and 48% Muslim. But their biggest issues to my understanding are an oppressive govt and a constant feud with Christian-majority Ethiopia, who they've fought 2 wars with since the Cold War. The Eritreans I know typically leave for economic opportunities abroad, and escape from an overly strict govt that doesn't tolerate dissent, and in pursuit of freedoms which they'll never have at home. Hence the refugees.

And Somalia is a Muslim majority country that's had a series of civil wars from the Cold War on. Currently, the Wahhabi group Al-Shabaab is the main group targeting everyone & the African Union has helped fight against them. A lot of people are getting caught up in the crossfire, hence the refugees.

My point is that it's not such a simple thing as "millions of Christians are desperately trying to escape because it is life or death (not economic prosperity)". Especially when you neglect to mention that so many African Christians are leaving Christian-majority African countries.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
msnbc just talking about another family.
a man that resides here has been waiting for his wife and daughters. they were granted visas on january 23rd. they had a layover in the ukraine and are now stuck there...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'll try to answer your original question in the OP.

Christians in Muslim nations get preference when it comes to being allowed to come to the states.
why is that? why are they more important?

1. Those are by far the 2 biggest religions in the world, combining for more than half of the world's population and a majority of the world's countries. So it's pretty much a matter of math. Take away Japan, China, India, Israel, and Bhutan and there may not be many non-Muslim majority or non-Christian majority countries out there.

2. Do you mean immigrants, refugees, tourists, or all of the above?

a. Tourists are allowed from any country that we have positive diplomatic relations with. Statistically speaking, I don't think there's any strange trend here (not bored enough to check). So...?

b. People emigrate from all over the world, but they don't only come to the US. So the question here should be "why don't more people from non-Muslim or Christian nations choose to emigrate to the US?"

c. Refugees, on the other hand, are a specific type of immigrant. They're people who are literally seeking refuge from an oppressive or dangerous situation. A lot of the refugees are coming from places that we're militarily involved in, like Iraq and Syria. But each country has different situations so it may be better to simply look up each country they're fleeing from to figure out why they're fleeing in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join