It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pretty clear some lives matter more than others

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i dont get it.
christians in musllim nations get preference when it comes to being allowed to come to the states.

why is that? why are they more important?

i dont think i understand this world....

i think bill s preston esquire said it best

never gonna happen though....

we will be excellent to you if you believe what we do....

pointless thread i know.....just kind of venting

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What?

You do know that we had to raise our own money to get Christians out of there. The Obama administration and the local charities and governments made it almost impossible to evacuate Christians!

Never Again Is "Now" - The Time To Act Is Now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The U.S. State Department is currently not allowing Christians persecuted by ISIS into the country. There is a huge effort in the works to privately fund airlifts of Christians from Iraq and Syria. Just a few years ago, there were 2 million Christians in Syria. It’s now down to 400,000.

The world is silent. There’s a genocide already underway. But it’s of Christians.

It has gotten to the point where there is serious consideration to have Christian refugees airlifted to Mexico and walking them over the border. The State Department is resisting any attempt to privately bring Christian families here to the U.S. though they seem to have little issue with others claiming refugee status or coming into the country illegally.

The Mark of the Nazarene, like the yellow stars the Nazi's used to identify Jews has been implemented to "mark the Christians" for persecution, death, and torment. The time to act is now. Never Again is happening Again.

Donors in the private sector have offered complete funding for the airfare and the resettlement in the United States of these Iraqi Christians. But the State Department – while admitting 4,425 Somalis to the United States in just the first six months of FY2015, and possibly even accepting members of ISIS through the Syrian and Iraqi refugee program, all paid for by tax dollars, told Dobbs that they “would not support a special category to bring Assyrian Christians into the United States.”

The United States government has made it clear that there is no way that Christians will be supported because of their religious affiliation, even though it is exactly that – their religious affiliation – that makes them candidates for asylum based on a credible fear of persecution from ISIS.

The president’s response appears to be United States policy. Evidence suggests that within the administration not only is there no passion for persecuted Christians under threat of genocide from the Islamic State, there is no room for them, period.

In fact, despite ISIS’ targeting of Iraqi Christians specifically because they are Christians, and, as such, stand in the way of a pure, Islamic Caliphate in the Middle East (and beyond), the U.S. State Department has made it clear that “there is no way that Christians will be supported because of their religious affiliation.”

edit on 29-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Trump is trying to add fuel to the holy war.
Trump is trying to paint us all as christians.

I'm glad the world can also read the internet and all of our opposition to this obvious agenda.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

its all over cnn...trump saying that christians take preference.....ive been sitting here watching it

im not talking about who is paying for what and i am not talking about obama.
i am talking about trump and his eo dealing with refugees.

christians in muslim nations will take priority.....

so what is your point?

www.pewresearch.org...

A total of 38,901 Muslim refugees entered the U.S. in fiscal year 2016, making up almost half (46%) of the nearly 85,000 refugees who entered the country in that period, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from the State Department’s Refugee Processing Center

Almost the same number of Christian (37,521) as Muslim refugees were admitted in fiscal 2016, which ended Sept. 30

under obama...

trump is saying christians will take priority....

i am asking why....

maybe i am confused but i am trying to understand and figure out what is happening...
your link is saying christians are not going to be allowed in yet i have been watching trump say the opposite

edit on 29-1-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Perhaps the question is not why we should take Muslim immigrants.....but, why so many Muslims in relation to so few Christians?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Why did Obama make Muslims a priority over Christians?

Why is Trump making Christians a priority over Muslims?

Start drinking. It's going to be a long day.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Perhaps the question is not why we should take Muslim immigrants.....but, why so many Muslims in relation to so few Christians?

where are people getting their numbers from?
a lot of muslims but few christians????

last year 38,901 muslims
37,521 christians

i wouldnt call that so few christians in relation

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

i wasnt talking about obama but lets roll with it

why does a persons religion dictate how important they are?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Wait what? The numbers are almost identical. 38,901 Muslim refugees compared to 37,521 Christian refugees. And note, that is for "refugees" not "immigrants".

ETA: lol He beat me to it.
edit on 29-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Wait what? The numbers are almost identical. 38,901 Muslim refugees compared to 37,521 Christian refugees. And note, that is for "refugees" not "immigrants".

right?
cnn saying the same thing
i dont see how that equals few christians in relation to muslim...seems pretty damn close to me

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Maybe because they are the primary targets of Genocide? Why can't the United States put a priority on the "MINORITY" groups under persecution in the world? If it was "buddhist" or "Hindus" minority groups getting butchered, would anyone have a problem with prioritizing them? I BET NOT.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While the United States and the United Nations have refused to formally designate the ISIS threat against Christians and Yazidis as a “genocide,” a growing number of human rights activists and organizations are finding ISIS to be guilty of crimes against humanity, war crimes and genocide.

The legal definition of “genocide” according to Article II of the United Nations’ 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide legally defines the term as any of the following acts committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethical, racial or religious group, as such:
(1) killing members of the group
(2) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
(3) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part
(4) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group
(5) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

THIS OBVIOUSLY SEEMS LIKE A GENOCIDE; SO WHY HAS THE U.S. AND UNITED NATIONS NOT RECOGNIZED IT AS SUCH?

If genocide were formally declared, then it would trigger certain international mechanisms that are meant to protect the group under threat. Some human rights activists believe the United States fails to declare the ISIS threat against Christians and Yazidis as “genocide” because it would force the United States government to be more involved in providing direct assistance to them.

Presently, the United States government’s response has been dismal, and especially so with regard to the ancient Christian communities of the Middle East. Here, you can read additional information on what would automatically happen if the United Nations were to declare this a genocide, as well as specific evidence of genocidal acts by ISIS against Christians and Yazidis.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm actually surprised the number of Christian refugees is so high. I know some Iraqi Arab Christians who came in as refugees maybe 5 or 6 years ago, but I need to look into where the current ones are coming from. Ironically, I know some Sudanese refugees who are animist but Christian-leaning & I have no idea how any of this is going to affect them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It shouldn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It shouldn't.

youre right. it shouldnt but it does

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hmmmm... Facts: 56 at the time of the article.... yes, that is right, we only accepted 56 Syrian Christians! Those are the real facts.

The United States has accepted 10,801 Syrian refugees, of whom 56 are Christian.

The U.S. Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria
www.newsweek.com...

But the numbers tell a different story: The United States has accepted 10,801 Syrian refugees, of whom 56 are Christian. Not 56 percent; 56 total, out of 10,801. That is to say, one-half of 1 percent. The BBC says that 10 percent of all Syrians are Christian, which would mean 2.2 million Christians.Sep 13, 2016

On 9/13/16 at 12:40 AM
Four-year old Asra, a Christian refugee from Syria, stands in front of a Christmas tree at a refugee shelter in an evangelic church in Oberhausen, Germany, on December 22, 2015. When up to a million Syrian Christians have fled Syria, why has the U.S. accepted only 56? Elliott Abrams asks.

Somewhere between a half million and a million Syrian Christians have fled Syria, and the United States has accepted 56. Why?

“This is de facto discrimination and a gross injustice,” Nina Shea, director of the Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, told Fox News. Fox notes another theory: The United States takes refugee referrals from the U.N. refugee camps in Jordan, and there are no Christians there.

Christians in the main United Nations refugee camp in Jordan are subject to persecution, they say, and so flee the camps, meaning they are not included in the refugees referred to the U.S. by the U.N.

“The Christians don’t reside in those camps because it is too dangerous,” Shea said. “They are preyed upon by other residents from the Sunni community, and there is infiltration by ISIS and criminal gangs.”

“They are raped, abducted into slavery and they are abducted for ransom. It is extremely dangerous; there is not a single Christian in the Jordanian camps for Syrian refugees,” Shea said.

But when you have been running a refugee program for years, and you have accepted 10,612 Sunni refugees and 56 Christians, and it is obvious why and obvious how to fix it, and nothing is done to fix it—well, the results speak more loudly than speeches, laws, intentions or excuses. In effect, we make it almost impossible for Christian refugees to get here.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

why are you focusing only on syria and obama?
im talking about what will be happening under trump...im talking about trumps own words. im talking about refugees from all nations.
you seem to be focusing on obama and refugees from syria only...

why

edit on 29-1-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm actually surprised the number of Christian refugees is so high. I know some Iraqi Arab Christians who came in as refugees maybe 5 or 6 years ago, but I need to look into where the current ones are coming from. Ironically, I know some Sudanese refugees who are animist but Christian-leaning & I have no idea how any of this is going to affect them.

www.pewresearch.org...

Mostly Africa: Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia, Eritrea

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

All we are, is dust in the wind, dude.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why, are you serious?

Maybe because that is where the majority of the genocide is occurring? You know, ISIS and all.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it's based on threat level, those in immediate danger get preference. Sometimes it's a group of Muslims and sometimes it's a group of Christians.

Despite some posters claims there was never a preference for Muslims over Christians, that was just a a huge scam to get bigoted Christians money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join