It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Is it possible to built and use a stargate?(I'm just asking)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I was wondering if its possible to built a stargate, and travel across the galaxy or universe. If so, do we have this technology, in the secert government term?

If you haven't seen Stargate, go see it, i think its a cool and possible concept, that could really happen. I dont know the show stargate kind of reflect on what some of us are going through right now. I mean with all the talk about ascension, and the gov't trading arms and technology with alien, atlantis...pretty nifty things..

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Currently, No, even though the gov. is more advanced I'm 99.9% sure they dont have that kind of tech, maybe in 600-1,000 years from now.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i agree with iori_komei

first you need to prove the existance of wormholes, then somehow figure out how to control them and manipulate them at will. Plus im sure there are also a bunch of other little questions in there like 'is it possible to safely travel through them', etc.

SO basically, if it is possible, not much chance in our lifetime....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
first of all we can do this the only problem that we have would be keeping it open on both sides it would take huge ammount of energy but we definatly know how it would be done

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Actualy, currently we cant, we would need exotic matter, we have no way of creating it, were not even sure about the reactions it might have.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A link to a thread about space travel, to which I added a couple of comments to about the use of 'stargates', same username as here,

www.peakoil.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just in case anyone reads that link, and thinks 'but you say there that if we already had them, etc etc',

well - peak oil isn't exactly the sort of forum where you matter of factly state that it's blindlingly obvious there's all sorts of botched versions of stargates operating, it's called time-travel........I mean, some of them haven't even heard of bio-diesel fuel.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes, it does.

Stop listening to the conspiracy boards for major scientifc information, and start looking to Slashdot, Wired, and New Scientist - all great places to read up.

Now, we've got early forms of similar types of things.

This is called "Quantum Entanglement" - and it's quite a well known concept. Two tiny quantum particles, like photons, are connected together - we don't really know what by, but it's like they're the same particle. When you affect one, you instantaneously affect the other. No matter the difference. You could be at opposite ends of the universe, and it would be instant.

Currently, we're just teleporting little tiny bits of laser beams, etc - very primitive. As time goes on, we'll get better and better.

The idea is that, with a 3D Scanner that could get every bit of information about you down to the atomic level, and a huge vat of entangled particles, you could make copies of yourself all over the place. There's a downside though: You have to destroy the original to "Teleport" the other without any remains. It's some ugly business - but that's all there is at present.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
and that brings up the whole thing of is it truly teleportation or just advanced cloning, is the "soul" or the core being of the person truly transported?

I for one would never want to be teleported, despite being a huge sci fi buff, i dont believe that, however similar he may be, the person stepping out of or off of whatever device we use, would NOT be me

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
And you raise the whole can of beans that you actually die every time you go through, and even though you aren't aware of it, there is a "you" that is.

Scary stuff, I tell ya.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Viendin,
You do realise sky asked about worm-holes not teleportation right?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i beleive you would die and be dead, and what steps of the cloneing side would be that a clone of you and not the original.

Consider it like this you copy a file on computer delete the original but you have the copy, also you could always not delete the original and have lots of you around the universe doing work and sending it back, maye it is possible to make the clones live a certain lifespan so there wont be problems like im you an i want my stuff back lol etc etc cause you would have sole property over the clones as they have limited lifespans and you would not.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You can astral project to many different places with the help of certain hardware, me, and my friends have done this for years. Try going to future-horizons.com or .net, they sell hardware that helps those who don't often meditate travel in this way. I guarantee it will work, it feels great.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I would never use teleportation either (we don't know enough about what exists to be able to claim that we definitely transported all or any of it, correctly - souls for example.......), but I'd be happy to use a 'stargate'. If I knew it was all wired up correctly and so forth........

The idea of a 'stargate' is that it is like a door except you don't come out the other side in the usual sense, there will be a short time of travel, but essentially it is distance-annihalation. Time-travel isn't right, time comes into it because you need to reduce the duration of travel time. To actually time-travel and not create gigantic universal problems, you need to be outside of the universe - in the same way as if you were part of a weave, you could not up and move to another part of the weave without disturbing everything that you are woven in with. You would need to be one of the people making the weave - if you went into the future of the weave, you would still displace and f-up any of the pattern that had yet to stitched in, or, you'd sew yourself in on top of it and mess it up that way.

The Mayan Zuvuya surfing sounds like it is with 'stargates' - the sun is a star, of course. Fairground rides! yeah!

Also there is a book called Star Walking, that is about natural stargates, also Native American style.

Another book, The Star Mirror ( author is Mark Vidler ) discusses the pattern of three highest mountains matching to three brightest stars ( if you take the highest peak in an area, the next two highest peaks will form an isocelese triangle shape - the corresponding brightest stars will pass directly overhead the three peaks ) - this also has various historical implications - what if the Orion's belt stars that the pyramids matched, was a 'man-made' version of the known pattern, and perhaps then related to Mt. Zion and / or the Babylonian Tower?........

===========================================

That said, the quantum particles being linked non-locally does indeed seem to be true. There's the experiment that has the particle being sent to three different locations in the world, and if one is effected so as to change it's quantum state, the others will change also, instanteneously.

new topics

top topics

join