It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So California wants to Secede from the Union

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

As a Cali resident, I will be one of those millions that will leave Kommiefornia if shtf.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh neat, a Cali hater thread! Let's bash on 30 million people and assume they all share the same lifestyles, politics and values.

In case anyone was unaware, California is a very large and diverse state. Most NorCal residents like myself, have no love for SoCal. There is a big movement here in NorCal to break off from the Southern portion of the state. We don't want to form a new Country, we simply want to be the 51st state. The State of Jefferson.

As far as water goes, we have a lovely mountain range here, The Sierra Nevadas. You may have heard of them. They're currently blanketed by 20 feet of snow. Water isn't a problem for the State of Jefferson.

Just a lil reminder to the Cali haters out there: please don't lump us all into the same category. The State of Jefferson will rise one day!

goo.gl...
edit on 1 29 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Southern Cali should be called Kommiefornia while Northern Cali should be called the real California.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I live in Northern California and am often stunned by how political decisions get made in my state.

Southern CA dominates the voting for the state and there are some people who think CA should be divided into 5 states due to the differences of the populations.

I am against this movement to resign from the Union. It's easy to say let them leave the Union but what about people like me who are not interested in not being part of the US?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
#MakeKommieforniaMexicoAgain.

Watch, theyll secede, then the 'big one' will hit and they will secede right off the continental shelf

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

go to their twitter and laugh at them. this obviously sorros funded org needs to be put in their place.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I look at it this way if california were to magically make themselves into a new country it would just be a intermittant sliver along the coast line. Like an emaciated chile...or like the palestine territories. Broken up and in small enclaves. Like the coast of california from long beach down to san diego could be like one country. But long beach harbor and seal beach armory and pendleton and mirmar would still be usa territories. The usa would not give up the largest commercial shipping port on the western seaboard of all the americas. Seal beach has a nuclear armory so that will stay part of the usa. Coronado and miramar will remain us defended territory. drive a few minutes east of los angeles towards the deserrt and you are nearly immediatly in firm conservative territory. They would remain part of the usa and easily fight off crazy citizens from the country of los atzlanicawood.

They can dam and reroute the aquaducts before thet get to los angeles and use that for a whole lotta farming. Triple the size of pyramid lake and others.

Watch the citizens make deals with mexico for tainted water.

Also deny them hoover dam. Or what about the other powerplants that rely on water shipped in via the aquaducts that wont be available to them. Theyll be out of the equation due to water. Brown outs rolling across their territories.

All of the channel islands would remain usa too. Too much stuff going on there to give up.

The city oofhawthorn and el segundo will be up a creek when all the MIC corps pull out draining the city of their revrnue.

Californians that want to make themselves their own country are just highlighting how ignorant and vapid their intellectual capacity really is. How out of touch with the real world they are. And its sorta sad and pathetic.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

All I can think to say to California is: "Go from us in peace." "We seek not your counsel, nor your arms."

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21825972]Oldtimer2[/post

You in SoCal would like to be rid of NorCal? Lmao! We would love to oblige you, my southern amigo. Better start doing your rain dance now, desert dweller.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I live in Northern California and am often stunned by how political decisions get made in my state.

I live in SOCA and am often stunned by how political decisions get made by the midwest, south, and Bible Belt.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I live in SOCA and am often stunned by how political decisions get made by the midwest, south, and Bible Belt.

You can learn about legislation in books...

I know liberals tend towards book banning & burning(especially u who wants huck Finn and to kill a mockingbird banned/edited)...
BUT book "reading" is also fun...

Would u like me to suggest some titles??
I will make sure they don't use micro-aggressive words in describing the legislative process and don't offend your delicate liberal sensibilities...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

If you cared to share your facts,it's No California,thats where the liberals live,we in So California,would like to be rid of No Cal,they should let the bay area become it's own state,except it would be broke in a few months,So Cal is more conservative,but most hayseeds only think of us in Calif with swimmin pools movie stars,watch too much boob tube

I've heard California described as being like a beautiful supermodel with cancer of the ass. So many things in its favor, but a few leftist cesspools ruining it for everyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Typical of the mindset, they will just claim other states water as theirs and annex your water rights.

link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

California would have been beautiful if Los Angeles (Hollyweird), San Fran, and other ultra liberal places would have been removed.

link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Also deny them hoover dam. Or what about the other powerplants that rely on water shipped in via the aquaducts that wont be available to them. Theyll be out of the equation due to water. Brown outs rolling across their territories.

Without the EPA crawling all over them, they'll be building coal-fired power plants in no time!

The irony of this will keep me warm on the coldest of nights.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
I remember when A bunch of folks in Texas petitioned to secede.

But that was cause Obama.

ATS Thread: Texas 81000 signatures to secede

I actually signed it. I support Texas leaving. Honestly, it's not all from resentment, either. I figured if they succeeded at seceding (heh), it would set a precedent to open the door for other arrangements like the Republic of Cascadia.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Southern California can secede from the planet for all I care...

And if that sounds intolerant and bigoted to some of you snowflakes, try driving around L.A. with a Mississippi license plate.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: eNumbra

Texas has their own water.

You sure about that?Texas River Basins

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: Annee

You can learn about legislation in books...

I know liberals tend towards book banning & burning(especially u who wants huck Finn and to kill a mockingbird banned/edited)...
BUT book "reading" is also fun...

Would u like me to suggest some titles??
I will make sure they don't use micro-aggressive words in describing the legislative process and don't offend your delicate liberal sensibilities...

-Chris

That seriously limits the selection. It wont even be able to have a top ten!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Hmmm....so, not all of California shares in the Leftist opinion.

Really, if you just sawed off an area around LA and a little of the southern part, the rest could stay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join