It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So California wants to Secede from the Union

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
For the record, no other state which has threatened seceding has a lack of water like CA does.

This one resource alone, water, should make any Californian with an IQ above that of a garden rake roll with laughter at the notion of seceding!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
(server burp..DP)

edit on 1/29/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

We're not kicking them out! They want to leave...but they CAN'T (leave) because they don't have any water!!

This is my whole point!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So California wants to Secede from the Union

The thought must send chills down the spine of every Liberal. 55 guaranteed Democratic electors gone forever. Puff!

I am sure this must be a Republican conspiracy, because surely no Democrat or Liberal would want to screw the DNC over to such an extent that the Democrats will never win an election again, right?

At least, you would have to be a special kind of slow (or prone to throwing tantrums) to want that.

Really, forget about the impact on Hollywood and Silicon Valley, forget that you would totally lay in ruins your economy - you would ensure that the U.S. would never, ever get the kind of leadership, that you so want it to have.

So, yeah, the proponents have to be either incredibly self-centered, incredibly daft or incredibly temperamental. Or conspiratorial Republican of course.

Choose one.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

And, of course, then there's the water issue!

It just defies imagination Californians have overlooked this issue. It's just incomprehensible.

It would take years for the economy to be affected, but only days for lack of water to have devastating effects on millions of people in CA.

No water = no life.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
California will secede by earthquake.....

The president predicts a millennium earthquake will destroy L.A. in divine retribution.

President: Like the mighty fist of God, Armageddon will descend upon the city of Los Angeles - the city of sin, the city of Gomorrah, the city of Sodom - and waters will rise and separate this sinful, sinful city from our country.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Whoa, that's heavy!

...and waters will rise and separate this sinful, sinful city from our country.

But...what waters?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

He's referring to this video

Btw as a Cali resident, I'm disavowing those who called for secession. I'm no fan of the US government but even I think it's an outrageous act.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They say it doesn't snow in California but I see snowflakes everywhere.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The Balkanization of the United States of America is starting with Calexit.

I know this should be an internal Californian debate and I'm an external observer to the US politics but, I feel concerned given that the first example that comes to my mind about sub-regionalism is Belgium.

And frankly, even if I support the idea of self-determination, I generally do not advocate for the fact that people should declare their autonomy.

There must be good reasons for that, and it is obviously not the case in California or anywhere else in the US. There must be good reasons for independence and the only one that mostly seems to matter is that the seceding region is wealthier that their neighbours or, in other words, local economic selfishness over national considerations.

The Calexit movement is crystallizing in California, a democrat state, something I would describe as Post-Electoral Stress Disorder.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: eNumbra

Obviously, the finer points of reality are lost on you!

Water is the single most important ingredient in survival, but let's not let this "minor" little detail muddy the...(oh yeah, "water"), right???

Thanks for playing!

Run along now.

Which is why you let them either secede and fail, or fail to secede.

Rather than make another pointless thread in the mud pit where you just insult people and further more of the stupid partisan division that's ruining this site and this country.

The democrats in california, like the republicans in Texas are all the same, bluster and talk.

edit on 1/29/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Los Angeles will turn into an Island surrounded by ocean, it will be declared no longer part of the United States and becomes the deportation point for all people found undesirable or unfit to live in the new, moral America.

From the southeastern hills of Orange County to the northwestern shore of Malibu, the great wall excludes L.A. from the mainland. The president's first act as permanent Commander in Chief is Directive 17: once an American loses his or her citizenship, they are deported to this island of the damned, and they never come back.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am all for it but by county only... so the snowflakes get the coasts and that is it. Also Military bases will be moved to CONTUS and then they can have it. We would get it back in 25 years when they are bankrupt.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Looks like the globalist agenda of destroying America is taking hold in Cali. There is a reason politicians have allowed open borders, and now the fruits of their labor are starting to become ripe.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Los Angeles will turn into an Island surrounded by ocean, it will be declared no longer part of the United States and becomes the deportation point for all people found undesirable or unfit to live in the new, moral America.

From the southeastern hills of Orange County to the northwestern shore of Malibu, the great wall excludes L.A. from the mainland. The president's first act as permanent Commander in Chief is Directive 17: once an American loses his or her citizenship, they are deported to this island of the damned, and they never come back.

Snake Plissken-ish I like it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: dogstar23

That is funny, but what southern California has become is a border free illegal immigrants safe haven, taking money from the rest of the states to support the illegal immigration.

I don't disagree at all regarding CA being a mess of illegal immigration, but the fact still remains, California is one of the biggest net contributors in the US. Their problems are largely their problems, not ours collectively. They receive FAR less federal money than they put in.

Not that CA seceding will happen, I'm just saying, of it was possible, the US would have significant annual deficit increases, or several of the states essentially dependent on aid from other states would have to start fending for themselves.

In short, it would be terrible for the US and for CA. To what benefit? So overly sensitive Americans can feel better about Hollywood actors not being fellow countrymen? And overly sensitive Californians can direct they're ire at President Trump's tweets toward a foreign leader rather than their own?

Sounds like both sides who think this is a good idea are senseless sissies, who would cut off their heads in exchange for some salve for their butthurt.

States like CA, IL, TX, NY, MN subsidize states like MS, KY, MO, ME, NM.

I'm not sure if these embeds will work, but there's lots of data and charts illustrating these facts HERE

Ok, the embeds don't work, but the link has good data and charts. A lot of people don't realize that some of the states carry the burden for other states.

Let's use our heads and realize this is a terrible idea for both CA and the US.

edit on 1/29/2017 by dogstar23 because: Embeds don't work

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It would be call to see Apple make a move, like deactivating iPhones all around the United States except for California, people all around the country would go crazy.

@OP: If the states California wants to secede from the US, just let them try and deal with the consequences. And just out of curiosity, if they succeed and the state would actually vote on that matter, they would only need 51% approval, is this correct?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I don't disagree at all regarding CA being a mess of illegal immigration, but the fact still remains, California is one of the biggest net contributors in the US. Their problems are largely their problems, not ours collectively. They receive FAR less federal money than they put in.

Not that CA seceding will happen, I'm just saying, of it was possible, the US would have significant annual deficit increases, or several of the states essentially dependent on aid from other states would have to start fending for themselves.

Does this include all the government contracts given to companies in Cali? If they were to secede, all those contracts would go bye-bye. I find it hard to believe they would be in good shape if that were to happen. Not to mention they wouldn't just be able to ship their products all around the U.S. anymore. And I imagine millions, probably 10's of millions of pro-American citizens would be getting the hell out of there. I can't see any way they would come out ahead.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
. And I imagine millions, probably 10's of millions of pro-American citizens would be getting the hell out of there. I can't see any way they would come out ahead.

This.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If you cared to share your facts,it's No California,thats where the liberals live,we in So California,would like to be rid of No Cal,they should let the bay area become it's own state,except it would be broke in a few months,So Cal is more conservative,but most hayseeds only think of us in Calif with swimmin pools movie stars,watch too much boob tube

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join