It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Saudi Arabia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd assume the Saudis due to our oil needs, Turkey is due to NATO, advance well...Idk unless it's the poppies we guard that help fill our black budget when they go to market, Pakistan cause it's delicate/nukes/semi friends(really they betray us a lot)...In my opinion all the ones left off the list are because of some entanglement we can't just up and cut immediately without hurting the US in some way deemed not worth it. I can already see Trump pushing to bring more energy independence so I would assume he is eyeing the same bans for those countries after we don't need them. I have no clue how he would cut Turkey off, Pakistan is one I'd have to research to understand and Afghanistan is a weird one to me too. That's my logical take on it leaning on what I can see and know about each.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Because Trump is just going off of the Obama administrations suggestion of terrorist hot beds layed out in late 2015. Basically he's just enforcing what was already established before he became President.

What additional questions were added to the ESTA application in February 2016?

The additional/modified questions were:

Have you traveled to, or been present in, Iraq, Syria, Iran, or Sudan on or after March 1, 2011?

Have you ever been issued a passport (or national identity card for travel) by any other country?

Are you now a citizen or national of any other country?

Have you ever been a citizen or national of any other country?

Based on responses to the above questions, ESTA applicants may be directed to answer additional questions concerning travel to Iraq, Syria, Iran, and Sudan and potential dual nationality.

www.cbp.gov...

edit on 29-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Kind of an ironic validation of hypocrisy coming from the left then I would say.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Not a fan of Saudi Arabia, but unlike the 7 countries banned in Trump's EO they haven't fought a bloody civil war with Islamic extremists.

No they are just run by the Islamic extremists.

There is little diffrence between Saudi arabia and ISIS as they are both from the same branch of Islam....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia is one of the leading recipients of arms sales from the U.S. (along with Qatar, and a few others not on the list.) Saudi Arabia is also effectively the basis and linchpin of the petrodollar paradigm. Despite being less secular than Iran, directly benefiting from the kinds of extremism we are ostensibly trying to stop from entering the country, being the primary source of Wahhabism, and having a terrible human rights record, including what amounts to effective ownership of women by men, we continue to deal with them and treat them favorably.

To play the devil's advocate, including them in the list could also result in worsening relations, which could lead to a dramatic rise in oil prices, as seen in the 70s during the energy crisis. (We've already seen some countries respond with retaliatory restrictions on travel and immigration in response to the ban.) And they are - if we wish to remain an influential and strategically positioned power in the region at least - a necessary evil. (Not what I personally believe or want, but, I'm playing the devil's advocate.)

But it's also an example of how our principles and supposed aims take a backseat to geopolitical strategic machinations. The entire history after WW2 of our involvement in the region, entails destabilization, coups, and the erosion of secularism in favor of Jihadism (which Eisenhower and Dulles believed was a better counter to Marxism during the Cold War - see Operation Ajax among many other examples.) Our meddling in the region created brutal leaders and regimes eventually, which in turn led to the Islamic Revolution (in part sparked by resistance to a dictator we installed via a coup in Iran,) the fallout of which we've been (often disastrously) grappling with in our foreign policy ever since.

Just as our meddling in Iraq and Libya led in time to the Arab Spring, then to the rise of ISIS, then to the Syrian civil war (which we also got entangled in, and are still entangled in) ... despite the fact that we now wish to wash our hands of the humanitarian cost of those crises and say, "It's their problem, we can't afford to take care of the world..." even when a lot of that blood is from a historical perspective, on our hands as well.

Note that Turkey also isn't on the list, despite not too long ago allowing ISIS oil sales within its borders, and being an unstable government where attacks are frequent.

Peace.
edit on 1/29/2017 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Read the text of the EO yourself, it does not mention by name 6 of the 7 countries, only Syria.

documents.latimes.com...

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Why not Saudi Arabia? Why not Pakistan or Afghanistan?

Because those are the places the previous terrorists came from.

What Trump is concerned with is the next terrorists.

We know those Saudi Terrorists, we've ID'd them, have them in our NSA computer databases, are tracking them around efficiently.

It's the unknown unknowns from the likes of Syria and Iran that haven't produced a terrorist yet, that's the worry.

It's not about who was a terrorist before, but who might be a terrorist in the future.

It's anticipation.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Natural gas has helium in it. SA provides a lot to the US. We use it for everything. We are leading the world in the helium economy.

Only when fusion reactors come online will the extant of the helium economy be known. And I hope the triangles are revealed. Until then they put up with SA and all the sh# that comes with them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ground zero for Wahhabi, the terrorist arm the Saudi's export for their geopolitical gain?

Money of course.

"They buy apartments from me," Trump said during the Alabama rally. "They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

thehill.com... briefing-room/news/306990-trump-appeared-to-register-eight-companies-in-saudi-arabia

And that's just a sample, there is more EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump made millions from Saudi Arabia, but trashes Hillary Clinton for Saudi donations to Clinton Foundation . So no, nothing will change as far as treatment towards Saudia Arabia. Trump has to much money on the line.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No #..and while everyone is talking about heads being chopped off.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Also why not Turkey? Turkey has a lot of syrian refugges who became turkish citizen and with that right they are legally transported do Europe and US. This is forum for open minded so stop believe those decision are even real.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

Also why not Turkey?

The Donald has pardoned The Turkey.

<< 1  2   >>

join