It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Saudi Arabia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: 727Sky

Agreed but for the sanctity of America and our values, I would urge them to be expedient about it. Halting legal immigration is much more problematic.

Agreed, however, I think that what was illegal and maybe even legal before will be reevaluated upon the realities of the existing world and the possible merits of past programs.
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Possibly, going forward, something may change. The vetting particularly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Close ties with the royal family, petrodollar, Opec and secret intelligence information.

This should be quite obvious, especially considering the fatwa's against Gaddafi and Assad coming from Qaradawi who is a islamic authority residing in the gulf states.
This while protesters within the gulf states were simply shot dead, but not one news agency reported on this, only a few videos surfaced on youtube.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
15 of the 19 alleged hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi citizens.

edit on 29-1-2017 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Agreed but for the sanctity of America and our values, I would urge them to be expedient about it. Halting legal immigration is much more problematic.

Agreed, however, I think that what was illegal and maybe even legal before will be reevaluated upon the realities of the existing world and the possible merits of past programs.

I see someone making full use of their thinking cap.

I am wringing my hands (in hope) to see the first legislation introduced during Trump's administration.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Because Saudi Arabia owns a piece of America's ass.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Because Saudi Arabia owns a piece of America's ass.

Which piece precisely, and at what price?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It has been widely reported that the ban on certain countries for the next 120 days is happening via executive order.
The same question arises in each thread spanning the internet. Why not Saudi Arabia? Why not Pakistan or Afghanistan?

.....uuhhh..... because it serves the 'America First' interests to not apply stringent or blanket immigration
& visa requirements on persons from those Muslim/Islamic Nations

SA because of OPEC & USA Reserve Dollar status...... .SA also holds ~$850 billion to $1.2 Trillion in US Treasuries
Afghan because of the couple Trillion opium/heroine industry
Paki because of the Islamic Nukes in their arsenal
edit on th31148569934829152017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
they grabbed us by the pussy. we cant fuk with them.

remember the 911 families who were going to file lawsuits against SA because all signs pointed to their implications in 9/11... oh yea that got shut down pretty quick also

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not a fan of Saudi Arabia, but unlike the 7 countries banned in Trump's EO they haven't fought a bloody civil war with Islamic extremists.

They seem to be firmly in control of their radicals, if you know what I mean... which deserves a full investigation.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The two most critical countries that needed banning where Saudi and Pakistan. I'm sure there are host of others.

PERIOD.

Saudi is a threat to the World's national security and needs to be completely dismantled forever. Maybe that could be set up for people fleeing other areas.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Why Not Saudi Arabia

My guess is that as of now the U.S. is too dependent on Saudi Arabia to just pull the plug. You guys have a lot of men and women of the armed forces in the Middle East, and Trump would screw them by ignoring their dependency on the "friendly" hub that is Saudi Arabia.

If Trump somehow succeeds in scaling back - if not altogether ending - U.S. activities in the Middle East the situation would be different.

I do not think that Trump have any love for the Saudis, so I think the above could offer a plausible explanation.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

We only get 13% of our oil from SA. So what else do they do?
www.npr.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"Why Not Saudi Arabia"

There are not that many immigrants and refugees from Saudi Arabia, so why bother listing them? In Europe the top nationalities are:

Syria
Afghanistan
Iraq
Pakistan
Kosovo
... and other places like Eritrea, Nigeria, Albania and regions in North Africa.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I understand the old Koch brothers and Bush connections in regard to Saudi oil but what is the connection with Trump and Saudi oil?

Pardon my ignorance.

Meet your new Secretary of State....Rex Tillerson.

CEO of Exxon Mobil

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It has been widely reported that the ban on certain countries for the next 120 days is happening via executive order. The same question arises in each thread spanning the internet. Why not Saudi Arabia? Why not Pakistan or Afghanistan?

From Trumps mouth:

To this, Trump answered, "We're going to have extreme vetting in all cases. And I mean extreme. And we're not letting people in if we think there's even a little chance of some problem."

www.firstpost.com...

In no certain terms he leaves out the answer we all would like to know.

Exactly! If the sole reason for the bans is protecting US security, why Sudan? Why not Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, or Afghanistan as you say?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
"Why Not Saudi Arabia"

There are not that many immigrants and refugees from Saudi Arabia, so why bother listing them? In Europe the top nationalities are:

Syria
Afghanistan
Iraq
Pakistan
Kosovo
... and other places like Eritrea, Nigeria, Albania and regions in North Africa.

But, the ban is based on protecting from terror, right? Saudi Arabia is a known originator of terror and terror funding.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Because, the invisible government aka the Saudis owns the congress as*es!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It has been widely reported that the ban on certain countries for the next 120 days is happening via executive order. The same question arises in each thread spanning the internet. Why not Saudi Arabia? Why not Pakistan or Afghanistan?

From Trumps mouth:

To this, Trump answered, "We're going to have extreme vetting in all cases. And I mean extreme. And we're not letting people in if we think there's even a little chance of some problem."

www.firstpost.com...

In no certain terms he leaves out the answer we all would like to know.

He's proving a point. The same as he did with the "flag burning law" during the election that turned out to be a quote from a Bill sponsored by Hillary Clinton when she was a senator; the same as he did with the "build a wall" direction that turned out to be a law passed under Obama's administration.

Trump did not draw up the list. He is putting into place (with some amendments) the recommendations made by Obama's administration. Trump's EO doesn't even mention the countries, it simply points back to the list drawn up under Obama.

So, if people want to scream and cry about "leaving out SA is dodgy and there needs to be an investigation", well... you might be right. But you need to be investigating Obama's reasons for leaving it off the list.

Trump has consistently done this. Waits for everyone to get up in arms over something, then point out that they're actually criticising the actions of the previous Administration.

The man is a God of trolling. He has elevated it to an art form. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join