It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "If you cross me, you're dead to me."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Trueman

You've been triggered. The word "Truth" sounds dirty when you say it. Trump doesn't need me to defend him, I'm for America, he is for America. We are the same team. You don't.

Please learn proper American English if you are going to pose as an American. I have always suspected who is on Trump's side. And when Trump says "America first" he means "me first."

Regardless my not perfect English, I'm more American than you as all we can tell now.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: TDawg61

There is a congressional approval aspect.

Uhhhh ... to be honest and fair ... not necessarily.

If you mean using the E.O.i don't think this will be a regular thing.Do you?

Yeah ... unfortunately I think Trump has already served his most useful purpose (defeating Hillary at the polls). The guy's conservative facade is only skin deep. Underneath that is a mixture of liberal narcissism and .01%er. We're still in a heap of trouble as a country. Trump's biggest obstacle will be getting rid of people (like Mattis) who won't put up with any of his BS.

So ... if you look around and spot those people, expect EOs ... up the whazoo ... to keep them in-check. Considering whom he had to appoint to appease the GOP ... we can expect lots of EOs. This also depends on him keeping an EO writer that's up to the task. He's toothless without this tool and I think he/we may regret his VP pick sooner, rather than later.

Wow. Between the back and forth you and the OP are engaging in, there's this little gem. Brilliant take on Trump's ability (inability) to implement his policies and those policies the GOP are expecting him to bring to fruition. I'm in damn near 100% agreement with your above take and this reply deserves some 'applause'.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is a congressional approval aspect.

Uhhhh ... to be honest and fair ... not necessarily.

If you mean using the E.O.i don't think this will be a regular thing.Do you?

Yeah ... unfortunately I think Trump has already served his most useful purpose (defeating Hillary at the polls). The guy's conservative facade is only skin deep. Underneath that is a mixture of liberal narcissism and .01%er. We're still in a heap of trouble as a country. Trump's biggest obstacle will be getting rid of people (like Mattis) who won't put up with any of his BS.

So ... if you look around and spot those people, expect EOs ... up the whazoo ... to keep them in-check. Considering whom he had to appoint to appease the GOP ... we can expect lots of EOs. This also depends on him keeping an EO writer that's up to the task. He's toothless without this tool and I think he/we may regret his VP pick sooner, rather than later.

Wow. Between the back and forth you and the OP are engaging in, there's this little gem. Brilliant take on Trump's ability (inability) to implement his policies and those policies the GOP are expecting him to bring to fruition. I'm in damn near 100% agreement with your above take and this reply deserves some 'applause'.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

It is quite simple.The people voted AGAINST hildebeast,her parasites and the NWO.Thank Lord.

This has nothing to do with Clinton. Trump won! He is our President, and he is going to run the country like a mafia. Deal with it.

Would rather HE run it whatever way than HER running it into the ground.

Trump supporters' obsession with a failed candidate is disturbing. If Trump fries for treason, they'll still be saying that at least he wasn't Hillary!

I was just thinking about that last night. Like, how bad does he have to get for his supporters to be all "Yeah... maybe we #ed up". Instead, it seems like he could eat live kittens at a press conference and the Trumpkins would just say "Yeah, but at least he doesn't have an email problem!"

Such a bizarro America we live in today. And he knows we're full of sycophants like that. This was such a foreshadowing moment for me:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Well...im not his supporter, but im moving in that direction. Because he does what he says.

The EO's that folks don't like are being challenged, and in the process he'll learn a valuable lesson: actually follow the freaking process and quit wasting peoples time. Poorly executed action < inaction once everything is washed out.

So while I respect the fact he's willing to dive in head first....he needs to do so while educating himself. Which is not what is being reported from inside his office.

Nonetheless....much of what he's doing was needed change. At the end of the day there is only one way to lower the deficit: increase employment and drive payroll taxes. Its the only way. And that is what he is doing. Or at least trying to do.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

His process regarding immigration was no different than many presidents before him.

I am quite certain that he did not come up with these EO on his own by jotting down some notes.
He has attorneys and the backing of many experienced people who were involved in drafting these documents.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well...im not his supporter, but im moving in that direction. Because he does what he says.

The EO's that folks don't like are being challenged, and in the process he'll learn a valuable lesson: actually follow the freaking process and quit wasting peoples time. Poorly executed action < inaction once everything is washed out.

So while I respect the fact he's willing to dive in head first....he needs to do so while educating himself. Which is not what is being reported from inside his office.

Nonetheless....much of what he's doing was needed change. At the end of the day there is only one way to lower the deficit: increase employment and drive payroll taxes. Its the only way. And that is what he is doing. Or at least trying to do.

You know, a lot of what you say about his EOs being challenged is true and it's one thing keeping me from stressing more than I am about him but, for me, his biggest betrayal to his supporters has been his cabinet picks. He promised to drain the swamp but then fills it with the exact kind of people he criticized while running.

I'm hoping he is acting as an agent of Kali and he's just burning this # down so the reasonable people can step in and start things on the right foot afterwards. If that happens, I'll appreciate his presidency in hindsight.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I didn't like his cabinet picks at all. Especially Sessions.

Some of them are "out of the beltway" picks that amount to nothing more than an active lobby for an industry. Or clueless governors (yes, im talking about Good Hair Perry) that should never be let near captaining a row boat, much less a national cabinet position.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I didn't like his cabinet picks at all. Especially Sessions.

Some of them are "out of the beltway" picks that amount to nothing more than an active lobby for an industry. Or clueless governors (yes, im talking about Good Hair Perry) that should never be let near captaining a row boat, much less a national cabinet position.

More than just the hair. His hipster glasses put him clearly over into the lane of being a deceptively cool looking hunk.

But as far as energy goes, at least he saves the pretzels for the gas jets (let me know if you don't get that reference; I might have a video to show you).

edit on 29-1-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh dear. More propaganda from one of the usual suspects.
I have to admit though, I am surprised Russia was not worked into this somehow. At least the OP gets some points for resisting that.
edit on 29/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I have to admit though, I am surprised Russia was not worked into this somehow. At least the OP gets some points for resisting that.

If Trump assigned Putin to his cabinet, do you think he'd sign that ethic waiver for him?

There, Trump-Putin quota satisfied. You are welcome.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

People are making too big a deal of it.

So far as I know, I'm the only one making a big deal out of it. It is not merely the waiver, it is that the waiver seems to be based on personal loyalty to the President. This is different than a generic promise not to spill the beans about the secret sauce.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

If Trump assigned Putin to his cabinet, do you think he'd sign that ethic waiver for him?

There, Trump-Putin quota satisfied. You are welcome.

It's a little unlikely that Trump is going to sign Putin to his cabinet, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Face it, America slipped into such a state over the last couple of decades or three that we need a dictatorship to correct things.

Are you for real, seriously! (faints)
edit on 29-1-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Oh dear, more ad hominem attacks against the messenger rather than a refutation of the message. Here you go:

Who is the real American now?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh dear, more ad hominem attacks against the messenger rather than a refutation of the message. Here you go:

Who is the real American now?

Ad hominem? You are not worth much more than that.
An ethics approach that aims to restrict lobbying - finally - and all you can come up with is a complete lie about "If you cross me, you are dead to me". What utter drivel.
There are a few propagandists on this site that have really completely lost their minds - you are one of them.
Seek help.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It’s like when the German army during Hitler’s time had to take a pledge not to Germany but to Hitler.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

An ethics approach that aims to restrict lobbying - finally - and all you can come up with is a complete lie about "If you cross me, you are dead to me". What utter drivel.

Pay attention: it is not the first such attempt to limit lobbying by administration officials. The EOs go back to at least the George HW Bush administration. What makes this one unique is that it places the waivers entirely at the discretion of the President. Earlier Presidents were either constrained to provide a reason for the waiver, or the decision was made by Counsel or more than one individual. The implication of giving the President sole, unconstrained power to grant the waiver as he sees fit opens up the possibility that it can be used for leverage. Trump is known for leveraging what he can. In this case, he can place pressure on his appointees by aiding or threatening their post administration careers. Remember, he admires Putin, who is known for exactly that sort of control.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

He spent too much time in Austin.

I wonder if he wears yoga pants and turtle necks when he goes to Whole Foods?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Heh I'm not surprised..The fascist prick thinks He's a king..
You didn't really have a lot to chose from...either a Fascist King or a Globalist War Hawk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join