It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "If you cross me, you're dead to me."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Its the mudpit, so im going to be honest:

When are you not?

so don't anyone let their . explode

has a better ring to it. LMAO

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

My last boss told me some six years ago, the US would get a dictator within 10 years, or it would cease to exist. I thought he was full of crap at the time, I supported Obama then.

He was right. I sent him a text to congratulate him. Asked him to pick me up a lottery ticket.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

"or by his designee" .

Which would mean someone he has assigned the role/duty of managing exemptions.

Trump's not egalitarian by any means. And has a rather lengthy history as an executive. The way that was worded makes perfect sense to me and the way I do business. Although it may seem less transparent in a political sense.

In a "pick your fights" mindset, im taking a pass on this one. Im sure he has some big piles to step in still laying out in front of him.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

honest vs honest without bothering to filter out a pale tinge of rudeness covering it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No; it gives Trump the power to grant a waiver to the code of conduct with no further stipulation or constraint.

'Any' does not imply 'All' in a court of law and Sec 3 part a clearly states 'any restrictions contained in this pledge'. If you believe that this waiver waives a signee from the pledge itself, as opposed to aspects of it, then IMO you have misinterpreted the intent of the clause.

I get the impression you think he's going to hand out pledge-waivers like candy in exchange for zillions of dollars? Like pay for play?

He's not Hillary you know.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

'Any' does not imply 'All' in a court of law

Which means that he can pick and choose what ethics apply. Any or all.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Repeat after me...

"Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des American Reiches und Volkes Donald Trump dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen."

Diensteid der öffentlichen Beamten

Ich schwöre: Ich werde dem Führer des American Reiches und Volkes Donald Trump treu und gehorsam sein, die Gesetze beachten, und meine Amtspflichten gewissenhaft erfüllen, so wahr mir Gott helfe.

Sieg Heil.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
It is quite simple.The people voted AGAINST hildebeast,her parasites and the NWO.Thank Lord.

This has nothing to do with Clinton. Trump won! He is our President, and he is going to run the country like a mafia. Deal with it.

Would rather HE run it whatever way than HER running it into the ground.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

IMO, you have misinterpreted the waiver clause as it actually relates to lobbying, relationships with lobbyists and vested business interests which may conflict with official govt business.

It is a code of conduct document in that regard and gives Trump or his appointee powers to issue a waiver, as long as the code of conduct is not compromised.

Having just read the entire thing, that's what I've taken away from it.

He perfectly knows that. This misleading thread is intentional.Remember this is what they do all the time, twist information to throw lies to the people.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

He perfectly knows that. This misleading thread is intentional.Remember this is what they do all the time, twist information to throw lies to the people.

You are the one twisting the truth, not I. You cannot defend Trump's actions, so you attack the people who report them. That is the pattern that is beginning to emerge: call the truth "fake news."

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan

originally posted by: TDawg61
It is quite simple.The people voted AGAINST hildebeast,her parasites and the NWO.Thank Lord.

This has nothing to do with Clinton. Trump won! He is our President, and he is going to run the country like a mafia. Deal with it.

Would rather HE run it whatever way than HER running it into the ground.

Trump supporters' obsession with a failed candidate is disturbing. If Trump fries for treason, they'll still be saying that at least he wasn't Hillary!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

i think its more that this is a pretty weak argument. You may be right, but in the grand scope of things, its at best a tempest in a teacup.

The "fake news" designation comes from things like sensationalist .lines that aren't wholly congruent with the facts of the story.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Any quality business requires new hires and employees to sign and NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement).
This says that employees can not disclose information about the company, products, patents, drawings, and many other things, but it almost always includes a clause whereby they agree not to work for a direct competitor for a number of years after termination of employment.

It makes sense.

edit on 1/29/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

i think its more that this is a pretty weak argument. You may be right, but in the grand scope of things, its at best a tempest in a teacup.

It is a reflection of his personal style, and is suggestive of how he intends to run the country. He has given himself a weapon to keep his staff in line even beyond their period of employment. Previous Presidents either placed the ability to waive the ethics commitment in the hands of others, or required themselves to submit a reason in writing why the waiver was in the best interest of the nation. Trump makes no such pretense.

The "fake news" designation comes from things like sensationalist .lines that aren't wholly congruent with the facts of the story.

Fake news refers to complete fabrications masquerading as news. Trump supporters use it as "newspeak" to invalidate facts that run contrary to their "alternative facts."

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Any quality business requires new hires and employees to sign and NDA (Not Disclosure Agreement).
This says that employees can not disclose information about the company, products, patents, drawings, and many other things, but it almost always includes a clause whereby they agree not to work for a direct competitor for a number of years after termination of employment.

It makes sense.

That's not what this is. This is ostensibly to prevent bribery and favoritism, but it concentrates the power over future employment in the hands of the President.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
'
He was elected because he said he would do that. It was a campaign promise.

Does it baffle you when you see someone keep a campaign promise? Is it really that foreign? I know its a VERY rare occurance. i got to vote for the first time after the lie of "Read my lips, no new taxes" was told. So i came to expect campaign promises to be broken.

Its one of the things that is slowly winning me over to Trumps side. I still don't have much love for the Planned Parenthood thing. And im not so sure I like the immigration deal. But the fact that he does what he says....means a lot, even if i don't like what he says/does. To me, that is integrity. Which isn't a word ill ever feel comfortable ascribing to Trump

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He was elected because he said he would do that. It was a campaign promise.

And yet his cabinet is composed of all the elites he said were to blame.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You are the one twisting the truth, not I. You cannot defend Trump's actions, so you attack the people who report them. That is the pattern that is beginning to emerge: call the truth "fake news."

You've been triggered. The word "Truth" sounds dirty when you say it. Trump doesn't need me to defend him, I'm for America, he is for America. We are the same team. You don't.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You've been triggered. The word "Truth" sounds dirty when you say it. Trump doesn't need me to defend him, I'm for America, he is for America. We are the same team. You don't.

Please learn proper American English if you are going to pose as an American. I have always suspected who is on Trump's side. And when Trump says "America first" he means "me first."

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Nah, that is what this is.
An employer NDA includes a commitment not to use what you learned to move on to a competitor employer after leaving the company. You are committing to that by making the employment commitment.
I always includes a clause something like "unless both parties agree".

Any definite in a legal agreement usually includes some kind of clause to change the terms in certain circumstances.
This is because sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise.

So, people are agreeing that by accepting employment in the executive branch they are agreeing not to monetize this influence with which they are being entrusted.
This is in order to avoid conflicts of interest.
It is the same purpose of an employer NDA. They agree not to learn about proprietary information in order to take that to a future employer.

This is normal legal jargon in this EO. Just like an NDA.
People are making too big a deal of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join