It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Christian family, visas in hand, turned back at airport.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Tell me, how does moving in refugees benefit Regular Joe that got laid off from the factory?

How about you tell me, quite specifically, how it hurts him?

...and if the words on the plaque are meaningless, why not remove it?

I asked first. You answer then I'll answer yours.

As for the plaque, it's a part of our history, memorabilia, there is no reason to remove it as much as there is no reason to send the Statue of Liberty back to France if we decide we didn't like the French anymore.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'll answer your quiry.

How does letting them in help Regular Joe who lost his job?
Letting them in and being decent to them since we burned down their country and blew up their homes and families will set an example of how to treat honest, innocent people.

What this ass is doing is going to make EVEN MORE terrorists. Joe isn't getting his job back because Syrian refugees aren't allowed here.

What is wrong with you? Making more enemies and haters, and gnashing our teeth and hissing and spitting and swiping our claws at other people who came to us for help is ridiculous. It's suicidal, really. If we ever had hope of making peace on this planet, this is the exact OPPOSITE of how to do it.

Trump is an idiot.
Full stop dot com.

And AMERICA isn't going to stand for it.

THE CAT IS TRUMP.

edit on 1/30/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I'll answer your query.

Thanks for that...well said. Thing is, one either gets it or they don't.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
SCrolling through i see a few Canadians with rather strong opinions against our recent immigration move.

I seem to recall being turned away at the Canadian border. Twice. I know dozens of instances of people being turned away at the canadian border. As a call center trainer, the protectionist policies of Canada kept me from entering their country to do my job, as it was displacing labor of canadians. So we had to just start flying canadians into the US to recieve training, then send them back.

I don't begrudge Canada for this idiocy. I do begrudge its people for having such a fervent opinion about our new border policies when their own country seems far more childish about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
SCrolling through i see a few Canadians with rather strong opinions against our recent immigration move.

I seem to recall being turned away at the Canadian border. Twice. I know dozens of instances of people being turned away at the canadian border.

Don't take it personally, because it works both ways. If I tell US border guards that I intend to work in the US (without a green card), I too will be turned away. That is the basis of the question that I answered just a week ago..."What is the purpose of your visit?"
edit on 30-1-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yet we allow Canadians in to work regularly. The response our company had was to just have the canadians fly in to get the training and then disseminate to the US. Our client wanted to train the "master trainers" themselves, so it was the only real way it would work.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yet we allow Canadians in to work regularly.

I'll bet they need work visas. Did you have a work visa for Canada when you were turned away?
edit on 30-1-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'll answer your quiry.

How does letting them in help Regular Joe who lost his job?
Letting them in and being decent to them since we burned down their country and blew up their homes and families will set an example of how to treat honest, innocent people.

All that and you didn't answer the question.
edit on Mon Jan 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'll bet they need work visas. Did you have a work visa for Canada when you were turned away?

Nope. No one in our company ever did. We were not afforded an opportunity to complete paperwork before the client would lose patience with our process. We were trying to train our employees.

Technically what you say is correct....but it doesn't work in reverse. Canadians flew in regularly to work without work visas. Sometiems we'd get volunteers to fly down 2 days before they departed.

ETA: i should add that we did try to get a work visa for the company training director. They were denied. No foreigners allowed in to do work a canadian can do was the reason.

Its absurd you'd need a work visa to spend 72 hours training their workforce to do work. We aren't moving there to work. We were trying to improve their workforce education so they could continue under our employ.
edit on 1/30/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Nope. No one in our company ever did. We were not afforded an opportunity to complete paperwork before the client would lose patience with our process. We were trying to train our employees.

Technically what you say is correct....but it doesn't work in reverse. Canadians flew in regularly to work without work visas. Sometiems we'd get volunteers to fly down 2 days before they departed.

ETA: i should add that we did try to get a work visa for the company training director. They were denied. No foreigners allowed in to do work a canadian can do was the reason.

Its absurd you'd need a work visa to spend 72 hours training their workforce to do work. We aren't moving there to work. We were trying to improve their workforce education so they could continue under our employ.

I will check with a friend who is currently in the US on a green card and did a lot of cross-border travel for training...and get back to you.
edit on 31-1-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs.

If they are committed to immigrating legally, once Obama's farce of a vetting program has been fixed they will be welcomed.

But instead of running away, why don't they work to fix their own country?

Seriously, Obama has nothing to do with this.

Do you have to have an excuse for Trump?

Excuse for what. This proves it's not a muslim ban.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My friend moved to Canada and had to move back. His wife was Canadian. No one would hire him because he was not Canadian, and it's Canada first.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join