It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customs agents ignore judge, enforce Trump’s travel ban: ACLU

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thank you for understanding. Yes. That is exactly what is occurring.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

“The court’s order could not be clearer… they need to comply with the order,” Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants Rights project, told The Post late Saturday.

The laws can not be clearer, sanctuary cities anyone.... Why is not the court following the law?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: network dude

Look, I really hate to be "that guy" in a situation like this, but of the two sides, you know, the left vs. the right, you are aware of the differences in some "hobbies" correct?

(if not, think target practice, collecting, gun shows, NRA meetings) I just don't think a civil war like that would bode will for one side in particular. This is not to say the left is weak, but they are a bit under gunned. Plus, War never has any winners, only one side that was better at not being killed. Don't you think diplomacy and some level headedness might be a much, much better choice here?

So, stand down - hand over our rights - don't make waves or else?

I see where you're coming from - and where you stand

You are so that guy

not at all, just don't talk # about how you want a war when you have no tools to fight with. I don't poke the bear with a stick to see how many times it takes before he gets pissed and eats me, I let him be and find a way around him. Not because He wins, but because it's the smart thing to do.

Do you advocate a civil war, left vs. right?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Sorry - not playing. What you said was obvious

What you don't understand isn't my problem. What you're suggesting is that some people learn to play nice and not question authority - or else

Wake up dude. If you don't do it now - later will be too late

How many more threads do you have to write fishing for a security blankey and some comfy confirmation bias to make you feel better about what's happening?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

P.S.

Your instincts are good - and you're smarter than this

I know this is ATS - but this is bigger than voting better and ego. Water under the bridge - this is about our country now

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

These types should just start wearing a brown shirt i imagine.

Sad really that people cannot learn from history.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Sorry - not playing. What you said was obvious

What you don't understand isn't my problem. What you're suggesting is that some people learn to play nice and not question authority - or else

Wake up dude. If you don't do it now - later will be too late

How many more threads do you have to write fishing for a security blankey and some comfy confirmation bias to make you feel better about what's happening?

Here is exactly what I said.

Look, I really hate to be "that guy" in a situation like this, but of the two sides, you know, the left vs. the right, you are aware of the differences in some "hobbies" correct? (if not, think target practice, collecting, gun shows, NRA meetings) I just don't think a civil war like that would bode will for one side in particular. This is not to say the left is weak, but they are a bit under gunned. Plus, War never has any winners, only one side that was better at not being killed. Don't you think diplomacy and some level headedness might be a much, much better choice here?

In this post, I was responding to the idea of a left vs right civil war. I simply pointed out that the right are gun folks and the left are anti-gun folks, so a war would be a bad idea. If you want me to go into further detail, I can, but the words are pretty straight forward.

In the second part, I suggested that rather than war, we should use diplomacy and level headedness instead.

At this point, I really need you to explain your posts, because I really don't understand your point at all.

And yes, I get that this is OUR country. And OUR president is apparently doing what he thinks is right to protect the people inside this country. I am sure we could all come up with better ways to do it than this EO did, and I don't disagree that it was done poorly, but the idea behind it is sound. We do need to have a better way of accepting immigrants and ensuring we aren't getting radicals if at all possible.
edit on 31-1-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

In the second part, I suggested that rather than war, we should use diplomacy and level headedness instead.

You asked me if I want a civil war

You implied that somehow the behavior of those on the left would prompt a specific kind of behavior from the gun toting folks on the right

You actually suggested that regardless of what's right or wrong, whatever our beliefs or complaints - that we should be mindful of the fact that our opponents have the upper hand

You want diplomacy and levelheadedness from one side, because as you've just admitted - the other side might not be capable of any of that

This used to be America - where we could actually protest, even hate each other and still carry on together as citizens of one country

At this point, I really need you to explain your posts, because I really don't understand your point at all.

My words are pretty straight forward - same as yours

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

As for this:

I am sure we could all come up with better ways to do it than this EO did, and I don't disagree that it was done poorly, but the idea behind it is sound.

Yes - it was not just done poorly, it was blatantly discriminatory and unnecessarily cruel - when it doesn't have to be. It was punitive and designed to create chaos, hostility, panic and fear

The flipping wall will not save us - and this stunt with immigration will actually put us in more danger

You can't treat people badly and then expect to be safe. But even if you could - treating people badly - actively working against the very things that made this country unique? Wrong is wrong. Panic doesn't justify treating people like dirt, jeopardizing their safety, stranding them in countries with no way back - no way forward

Turning our backs on refugees. People who need us so badly right now - unbelievable. Compassion out the window so a few voters feel like something is being done to make their world more safe

Trump/Bannon accomplished nothing good or useful with this BS - they just made everything about this situation worse. We are less safe than we were before

If you really have to blame protestors for standing up for what they believe is right, suggest that they keep quiet or else - then - I guess that line in the sand has been drawn

We know it. We see it - what kind of people would we be if we just sat down and shut up? People are actually contemplating whether or not they might be willing to put their lives on the line right now - it's not hard to see what's coming

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

in some parts, I agree, but the refugees who so badly need us right now? Sorry. What about the Vets who so badly needed us for the last 30 years? Who champions their cause? Long before we worry about those fleeing a war torn country that has been part of a century old war, I think we need to evaluate where help is needed most for AMERICANS, then once we have all that under control, we can help those other places.

And speaking of helping other places, rather than taking in the refugees as we do with Mexico and now Syria, why not work towards making their homes a better place so they don't have to leave? (And yes, I am aware that the US was actively bombing Syria, I didn't agree with it then, nor now)

With better foreign policy, we could do amazing things, but NOBODY seems to give a rats ass about fixing anything, just plundering and trying to do whatever back room deal is being done for the resources in that region.

But I am tired to death of the left picking on every letter spoken by Trump before they know the outcome of the ideas. Sure, some will suck, and some will work. And some need immediate attention. But the level this has happened, is what brings out the aggression and fighting. If people on both sides don't grow up soon, nobody will get anything done other than lots of crying and lots of yelling.

With respect,
ND

ETA: and in response to this:

You actually suggested that regardless of what's right or wrong, whatever our beliefs or complaints - that we should be mindful of the fact that our opponents have the upper hand

Yes, that was exactly what I meant to convey. It's not hubris, or arrogance, and if I was a gun hating leftie, I would offer the same advice. It's what I like to call a "fact". Even if it doesn't make you smile.
edit on 31-1-2017 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What about the Vets who so badly needed us for the last 30 years? Who champions their cause? Long before we worry about those fleeing a war torn country that has been part of a century old war, I think we need to evaluate where help is needed most for AMERICANS, then once we have all that under control, we can help those other places.

What does one have to do with the other? You can't use that as an excuse - first of all - what about the wars that gave us those vets? What about the administrations - for 30 years - that have done nothing for those vets?

There's always somebody that will say we can't - we have other priorities

And speaking of helping other places, rather than taking in the refugees as we do with Mexico and now Syria, why not work towards making their homes a better place so they don't have to leave? (And yes, I am aware that the US was actively bombing Syria, I didn't agree with it then, nor now)

Well then - why bring it up if you're aware. Those refugees are partly our responsibility

With better foreign policy, we could do amazing things, but NOBODY seems to give a rats ass about fixing anything, just plundering and trying to do whatever back room deal is being done for the resources in that region.

Agreed - preaching to the choir. So we should deny suffering human beings refuge because we're pissed at ourselves? They need help - now. Not in some fantasy future time where we've fixed all our problems

But I am tired to death of the left picking on every letter spoken by Trump before they know the outcome of the ideas. Sure, some will suck, and some will work. And some need immediate attention. But the level this has happened, is what brings out the aggression and fighting. If people on both sides don't grow up soon, nobody will get anything done other than lots of crying and lots of yelling.

As I was tired of the past eight years - and all the blatantly dishonest, uncompromising anti-intellectual BS that came from the right

These protests - you should be cluing in right about now. This is not bellyaching or whining. On this we'll have to disagree

Yes, that was exactly what I meant to convey. It's not hubris, or arrogance, and if I was a gun hating leftie, I would offer the same advice. It's what I like to call a "fact". Even if it doesn't make you smile.

It's arrogance to assume that I need you to spoon feed me things that make me smile. You might as well go ahead and call me a snowflake while you're at it

What you suggested is that I put aside my beliefs, compromise my values, sit down, shut up - or get shot

As I said earlier - many of us are aware. I'm a pacifist network dude. I'm never going to shoot anybody. But, I'm also not going to be silent in the face of fascism

With respect - Spira

edit on 1/31/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Gee I hope those deep state dark shadowy operators are not going to try to dupe Trump into wishing or hoping for an attack on American soil just to be proven right.. you know tempt him into going to the dark side and then they've got him.

edit on 3-2-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: damn typo!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join