It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customs agents ignore judge, enforce Trump’s travel ban: ACLU

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The ACLU is getting “multiple reports” that federal customs agents are siding with President Trump — and willfully ignoring a Brooklyn federal judge’s demand that travelers from seven Muslim countries not be deported from the nation’s airports.

“The court’s order could not be clearer… they need to comply with the order,” Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants Rights project, told The Post late Saturday.

“It’s enough to be a serious concern,” Jadwat said of the reports.

Customs agents ignore judge, enforce Trump’s travel ban: ACLU

Trump supporters are serious about their devotion. I expect they'll get glowing reviews from Trump.

I don't recall reading anything like this before. It's emblematic of the division that currently exists in the United States. You can see it seemingly everywhere, and this forum is a good example. Isn't it amazing how every issue seems to split evenly based on party allegiances?

Could this be early signs of a civil war brewing? Suddenly the American public doesn't seem apathetic anymore. All sides are taking substantial stands for the first time in a long time.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Good give them a pay raise .

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Funny thing is the "International" terminals aren't exactly "native soil". Domestic laws and such only apply to those who have passed through Customs / Immigration type processing... which is exactly how Snowden managed to get where he is now.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Stand aside, 'Extreme vetting' has entered the building - it appears clear instructions, protocols and guidelines need to be formulated, agreed and implemented pronto - no-one wants innocents to be punished, just the Radical Islamic Terrorists and those that support their ideology.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
When judges are going against the laws in favour of political posturing, then they should be ignored.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

They are helping Donald Trump fulfill his pledge/promise to keep Americans as safe as possible. No complaints from anyone who shares those values.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's starting to heat up and get really crazy here in the US. I see two possible outcomes playing out in the not too distant future.

1) Civil war within the larger cities which will lead to:

2) Implementation of martial law

The far left won't stop until they've gone too far.

I hope it won't happen, but sadly, I think it's inevitable.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
When judges are going against the laws in favour of political posturing, then they should be ignored.

Actually, as we see it is Trump going against the laws in favour of political posturing....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
It's starting to heat up and get really crazy here in the US. I see two possible outcomes playing out in the not too distant future.

1) Civil war within the larger cities which will lead to:

2) Implementation of martial law

The far left won't stop until they've gone too far.

I hope it won't happen, but sadly, I think it's inevitable.

I am afraid i think you are right. Who would have thought the loonies who have protested for years about equality, respect and tolerance would turn out the biggest bullies.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Nope, he's just ordering them to enforce the laws already in place, and giving restrictions that are perfectly valid under the law.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Civil War is the outcome.

The Far left scream "he will not divide us" yet they have been dividing America, and Europe, quite intentionally for years. They are the cause for the division.

Their goal is the total destruction of the State as it currently exists. It is incompatible with their political ideology

They won't win though. Which is good. Either they gradually fade into nothingness or they make one last violent grap in an attempt to seize power again, and be put to an end quicker.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Who is the current "leader" of the Democratic/Left party? I don't think they one.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Who is the current "leader" of the Democratic/Left party? I don't think they one.

Does the Right have one?

Other then Trump who they can't control?

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Does the Right have one?

You asked, and then you named him. One that the "swamp" can't control. Good job Annee.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Does the Right have one?

A "singular" leader, directing a group towards a goal is?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Well, the thing is, the US Gov has 3 branches: Legislature, Judiciary, Executive.

The Executive is the branch that carries out orders, and Trump is the boss of that branch.

All the Judges can do is give orders, no one in the judiciary can carry out any of these orders.

So, if the Executive branch doesn't execute those orders, there's nothing the Judges can do.

They can sit and fume all day. That's it.

Since Trump is their boss, whose going to risk being fired from their job, by siding with the Judge that sits in a completely different and unconnected branch of government?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why is anyone discussing this without seeing the Judges actual order?

The order only applies to Visa holders currently in transit, and not those who are currently still in their countries of origin with a valid visa.

Link to Judge Donnelly's Order.
www.zerohedge.com...

While the ACLU is "making hay" with this temporary stay, it's narrow in it's scope.

Judge Donnelly has ordered the federal government to provide a list of all people currently held in detention. Where the stay falls short is that according to the ACLU's lawyer, there still can be no new arrivals from countries under the ban, but the ACLU and other organizations are working to file additional suits to roll back other portions of the order.

A detailed read of Judge Donnelly's ruling, per Josh Blackman, reveals that the order states that petitioners have shown a “strong likelihood of success” and that their removal would violate the Due Process and Equal Protection clause, and cause irreparable injury. (Note, this order only applies to those already in the country, and thus protected by the Constitution; the same analysis does not apply to those outside the United States).

As a result, the court issues what is effectively a nationwide stay, enjoining all of the named respondents, including President Trump, Secretary Kelly, and the acting director of the CBP, from the “commission of further acts and misconduct in violation of the Constitution as described in the Emergency Motion for Stay of Removal.”

The key part is what they are enjoined from doing:

ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED from, in any manner or by any means, removing individuals with refugee applications approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen, legally authorized to enter the United States.
Further, the court orders the Marshal for the Eastern District of New York to “take those actions deemed necessary to enforce the provisions and prohibitions set forth in this Order.”

What will disappoint civil rights advocates, is that this opinion only affects the small number of people who were in-transit when the order was issued, and arrived after it went into effect. The Constitution attaches to their status, and they cannot be held in violation of the Due Process Clause. The same analysis does not apply to aliens outside the United States.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Well, the thing is, the US Gov has 3 branches: Legislature, Judiciary, Executive.

The Executive is the branch that carries out orders, and Trump is the boss of that branch.

All the Judges can do is give orders, no one in the judiciary can carry out any of these orders.

So, if the Executive branch doesn't execute those orders, there's nothing the Judges can do.

They can sit and fume all day. That's it.

Since Trump is their boss, whose going to risk being fired from their job, by siding with the Judge that sits in a completely different and unconnected branch of government?

It's not even that if judges make proclamations....

If Customs officials do not permit people to pass through, those people are technically not on USA soil, ergo are not affected by edicts officiated by the judicial branch.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Ignore law, and enforce your own law? So America is finally showing her true colors? Yep yep. See what happens when you put an unbalanced narcissistic mad man into the white house? All the other narcissistic madman come out of the woodwork. Mad man who would have otherwise remained silent in fear of social suicide, are now free and in comfort as they exercise their power abusively.

I am glad you are applauding the actions of these men; I hope you do the same in two years when America loses its footing as a global and economic power. I want to see the same passion and enthusiasm when you are paying 6.00 dollars for a half dozen of apples.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join