It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question: ghosts, demons, witches, wizards, warlocks....and what else should I know about?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: gell1234
What do you mean by real magic vs Harry Potter magic...

Can someone explain the difference please?

What you see in Harry Potter is a weird amalgamation of ritual magic, hedge witchery, 'classic' witchcraft, sorcery, and alchemy. I'm not sure what Rowling was reading or using for recreational drugs but you usually don't mix it up like that. Plus, she made it intentionally vague where the users were getting the mana for these very over-the-top reality manipulations.

From an outsider's perspective, and from one who is pretty skeptical about it actually being more than confirmation bias and magical thinking mixed together, an 'actual' magic user, by that I mean someone who's studied their preferred style a long time, had their system's initiation rite, worked their way up from ground zero and is in the journeyman stage of practice and not some goobery teenager who saw something on TV and found out about grimoires this week, causes reality to conform to their desire by moving mana from one part of the system to another, in favor of the transition they'd like to cause. So you don't so much wave a peachtree switch around and yell 'hakuna matata' and your enemy turns into a pile of gravel.

As, say, a vodoun operator initiated into the mysteries and with a proper hounfor, maybe a spirit guide and on good working relations with my Loa, I would be able to functionally perform what looks like a religious ceremony to a non-initiate, but is more like making a phone call to a Voudounist. In that ceremony, I would be able to ask my Loa or spirit to assist me in taking mana from one part of the system and redistributing it in favor of my client, who might need protection from another Loa, or a change in the bias of random chance in his/her favor and so on. The system having been altered, the client's problems, if I rearranged things correctly, should now be biased in their favor. The changes will seem to occur naturally, and might be fairly rapid depending on how screwed up things were before.

For someone whose a hardcore realist, you sure do seem to get around when it comes to lore an supersition. I've heard of the Loa before but can't really remember where I've heard it, but it did ring a bell in my head for some reason. What I find interesting, is their classifications of the Loa, being pretty similar to the Classifcations of Jinn in Islam. Mind you, I don't really have vast access to accurate information about these things, and when it comes to the Jinn, it is a s*** pile of a mess.

The Loa:
Rada loa[edit]
The Rada loa are generally older, as many of these spirits come from Africa and the kingdom of Dahomey. The Rada Loa are mainly water spirits and many of the Rada loa are served with a water. The Rada are "Cool" in the sense they are less aggressive than the Petwo. They include Legba, Loko, Ayizan, Dhamballah Wedo and Ayida-Weddo, Erzulie Freda, La Sirène, and Agwé. Many of these spirits are served with white (as opposed to the specific colours of individual loa).

Petro loa[edit]
The Petro loa are generally the more fiery, occasionally aggressive and warlike loa, and are associated with Haiti and the New World. They include Ezili Dantor, Marinette, and Met Kalfu (Maitre Carrefour, "Master Crossroads"). Their traditional colour is red.

The Jinn Classification of the "Ifrit" sounds similar to the Petro Loa, with it being a hotheaded, fiery spirit, eerily similar. As for the Rada, I was thinking the "Marid" but the term Marid an Jinn can be interchangeable, and any coherent info about them being similar to the Rada Loa isn't really there.

But...I've read of Jinn being water spirits or such, I.e, a genie's bottle being found on a shoreline, or a story of Solomon coming across a Jinn that tricked him into giving a ring that ruled over them.They were revered as Pagan Gods before Mohammed came into play, so maybe there a whole bunch of other literature about them that maybe around or all of it was destroyed similar to how the Bible based of other books.

Maybe it Voodoo's African origins the reason why they share these similarities. I've come up with the idea that Jinn are maybe futuristic, interdimensional humans which is they are usually drawn as Trolls when it comes to their portrayed endeavours with humans.

I've got way to much time sometimes.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: gell1234

you send me 50 thousand GPB - via western union - and i shall telepathically beam you " magic tuition "

PS - the lesson is non refundable - and if you fail to download my telepathy correctly - its your fault and i keep the money

agreed ?

Actually Ape is legit, I did this a month and a half ago with him, and I have done amazing things, if you do 55k, he will throw in a DVD from Alex Jones and flora to grow your own magic plants......you know, to assist in your spells and demon summoning

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

You just impressed me with that also. And agreed on Bedlam.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thanks for adding cyborgs too.a reply to: SolAquarius

That was a Joke tag line to my edit your making quite the list if your including cyborgs.

Are you planing on learning to become some sort of transhumanist technomancer?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

the OP should skip cyborgs and go full retard - cybermen FTW

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Nothing does the trick like some good old fashion Technomancy.

edit on 31-1-2017 by SolAquarius because: a ghost in the machine made me mess up my post

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yes the list should be good...

I have no idea where I'll be when finished.a reply to: SolAquarius

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What is your ultimate goal or intent with this information?
Like I said you got ATS and the whole internet at your finger tips.
Not to sound like some old duffer but I use to have to go to the library to find anything on the weird and finding those few estoric books that people didn't steal was like finding gold.

Now its not hard at all to find any number of topics on the esoteric many of the old texts have been made into pdfs
I wish you luck in whatever your quest is.
Be careful.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

What is it you want to know? Are you simply looking to learn more about various sorts of supernatural phenomena? If so, there is a LOT of material online, though the quality will vary quite a bit. Whatever you do study, do so with caution, and be careful not to do anything that could be seen a inviting something in, or welcoming something, because that could be dangerous.

I'd recommend searching for some member ghost stories, and that sort of thing. Lots of those around, though some will be a lot older. The search feature can help.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Rabbits are peace loving people, they dont play with silly stuff like that

But whos to say animals cannot turn into something, we just dont know what they are capable but we can chose to believe they are just what they appear to be and nothing more.
p.s. just lookd up whats honey badger, dang those guys looks brawlers!

@ gell1234 - Have your found out anything interesting so far?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yeah I found a list of skills I would like to learn...

Where to next...amazon???a reply to: romilo

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yeah I found a list of skills I would like to learn...

Where to next...amazon???a reply to: romilo

Well i would gladly go to study from amazon, i cannot tell you what you should do but there should be plenty of great shamans and generally people and of course the nature it self that could teach us thing or two but amazon is as dangerous as its beautiful so be aware of that. Basically i would recommend to study the nature, its realness alone could open man to its potential powers!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Leviathan
Baphomet
Jezebel
Behemoth
Kundalini
Incubus
Succubus
Jin

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Thanks, that's what I am looking for...what types of magic are there?a reply to: Sharparrow

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I myself would associate magic with witchcraft.
wish
incantation
hexes
vexes
voodoo
hoodoo
ley lines
pathways
chants
rituals
food offerings
pointing the bone