It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question: ghosts, demons, witches, wizards, warlocks....and what else should I know about?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Did anyone mention Leprechauns yet?

You'd have to travel to Ireland though, but I'm pretty sure they are real. They are about half to quarter size a normal midget and I believe they can do magic. I'm not 100% on this one, but I think they can turn invisible too. They are definitely real though, I know someone who says their grandmother saw a couple when she was up a mountain in Ireland.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

If you need to ask here for a list rather than researching to compile your own list then I doubt your eventual research on the list is going to be very exhaustive.

Good luck though.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
No I've read at least one book of myths and found pseudoscience on Wikipedia with related terms but if only one person had answered my question, it would have saved me half a day, and maybe also have weeded out the less popular fiction from 'fact.'a reply to: hey1212

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You really need to focus on absolutely none of this as there will be no positive outcome. Recommend finding a good, better, satisfying job.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I answered your question OP. Leprechauns.

But seeing as you're going to be such a douchebag about it, forget it!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234

originally posted by: romilo
Humankind it self is mystical being, they can turn into any kind of monsters, perhaps even are source of many types of monsters, they seem to be center of many powerful and ancient secrets, spells, curses, blessings, prophecies and so on.
Many theories, stories, legends, dreams, visions, destinies and what not points to that there is more about us than we are even begun to dream of.
Thanks...I got spells and curses out of you, more things to lookup.

Although I've done a little research into spells...all I could find was 'what looked like' a bunch of sites for gullible teens. As in "these spells couldn't possibly work."

If your interests are in witchcraft and spell casting and the like, I would recommend a beginner's grimoire to get your feet wet. There are several good ones available on Amazon.com (and other similar sites, like gohastings.com) and they are generally accompanied by user reviews.

When I became interested in Wicca and witchcraft, I bought a couple of these and read them. Interesting stuff, but as one poster above said, if you're looking for Harry Potter magic, you are going to be disappointed.

A couple of other things you could read that may be of interest to you, being that they involve magic in religion, are The Keys of Solomon. I bought them as two separate paperback books from Amazon: The Greater Key of Solomon and The Lesser Key of Solomon.

You might also read up on Aleister Crowley as he was both an occultist and ceremonial magician. A great deal of his writings (and material written about him) is available for free on the net.
edit on 29-1-2017 by DustbowlDebutante because: Added more

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No I've read at least one book of myths and found pseudoscience on Wikipedia with related terms but if only one person had answered my question, it would have saved me half a day, and maybe also have weeded out the less popular fiction from 'fact.'a reply to: hey1212

And just how do you decide what is fact and what is fiction?

One person may believe in ghosts as a very real physical phenomenon while another person may consider ghosts to be hogwash.

It's all quite subjective.

Also, several folks have tried to help you with your questions here. Although I would point out that you didn't really ask a question; you threw out an overly broad topic and said "Go!" If the answers you are receiving here aren't the answers that you seek, I suggest you work to better define your question and your op rather than insulting the posters who have tried to help you and tried to answer your questions. Just sayin'....

edit on 29-1-2017 by DustbowlDebutante because: Added more

edit on 29-1-2017 by DustbowlDebutante because: Add

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Since you mentioned myths it is important to understand the difference between the paranormal and the preternatural. By definition, the word preternatural is a pseudo science definition of the word supernatural. That which is paranormal is of a group belongings to such branches as ghostology, ufology, and crypto-zoology, while the preternatural has to do with angels and demons, legends and lore and fairy tales. This genre may appear funny or odd to the student of demonology at first until he or she begins to listen to a client describe their tormentor as appearing like a goblin, troll or some other creature of a fairy tale. In essence the preternatural has to do with creatures that are rooted in the past or ancient times, also having to do with beings that are gods or unknown supernatural beings. It is important for a demonlogist to study the topic of the preternatural because every culture has their own legends, lore, fairy tales and gods. Although these are all demons with specific notifications by ancestors on what frustrations them, you will be able to get a good idea of who you are dealing with.

So those of old ....Sumerian, Babylonian, Judaism, Hindu, Egyptian, Greek, Roman and many others..... these gods are nothing more than fallen angels..... so be careful ..... these guys are very tough..... and they want your blood..... only one way to PERMENANTLY remove these guys....only one way ...... you need permission.....authority given to you from God.

FYI: Demons can see a Christian a mile away..... they say it is the light inside them they can see.

edit on 29-1-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

There are quite a number of practice systems. From Christian to Pagan and back again. Some no one will teach you unless you're the right racial makeup, and others are so corrupted over time that they bear no real resemblance to the original (coughwiccacough).

Basically, you've got your Apollonian styles like the Tree of Life, and your Dionysian styles like santaria and vodoun, and the others sort of range between. And within THOSE, you've got a rainbow of goals and sources of mana, for lack of a better term. So, let's say you were going for Apollonian Christian, with no external mana source and generally beneficent goal sets, then Penn Dutch/Amish/Appalachian folk magic would be your start.

If you like crazy Dionysian styles, then learn about Papa Ghede and get on speaking terms with your Loa.

Or there's really oddball offshoots like Eckankar where you supposedly master the ability to just OOBE off and get down with God directly, and you get a library card for the Akashic Library.

However, if you want something like Harry Potter, I don't think you're going to come up with it.

Bedlam has been giving you some decent leads...
That said, I'm not going to be "flip" either. There are several traditions in Wicca.

Gardnerian, Alexandrian,Crowley and more
The Golden Bough IIRC is Gardnerian
british-wicca.com...

Then you have Druidism.
www.druidry.org...

Being Pagan is a more "pan-wiccan" amalgamation of pieces of many traditions. I'm not a fan since it's a free-for-all with usually no one versed in the basics.

To get into the Occult it will require serious reading, study on many different religions because if you don't know why Wicca & how Wicca differs from different theologies you're just making things up as you go.

A Warlock "used" to be the term for a male witch. However with everyone goofing off and picking & choosing from different traditions I have no idea anymore.

One book I will recommend is Mercia Eliades "Images & Symbols".
Without it you will be lost in identifying the elements used by different traditions and have no background in why these elements are employed or necessary.

You will also need to read Joseph Campbell,Clarissa Pinkola Estés,Maria Gambutus.

There is a TON of garbage out there and con artists looking to scam you. What you asked in inquiring to delve into this...sigh....it's actually as rigorous as pursuing a College BS. To be blunt you can take the easy illegitimate route or persevere thru study of the subject matter.

There have been some EXCELLENT threads on this in the past here on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ghosts,demons etc are something else completely different. The list you seem interested would be just overwhelmingly extensive, so small bites giving you time to absorb the information would be more suited to your best interests.

Hope this helps and that Bedlam & more show up to add to what I'm forgetting or don't know about!!!

edit on 29-1-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Some have helped so far, thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What do you mean by real magic vs Harry Potter magic...

Can someone explain the difference please?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Harry Potter is fantasy.

Real magic is work and is not generally instantaneous.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Have you got any examples of each please...it will help my brain learna reply to: Caver78

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sure....smile.

In Harry Potter you see the kids going to classes in all aspects of Magic. From herbs to spell casting. One example is Harry waving his wand invoking the "petronis". A ball of light envelopes his enemy who is then kinda KO'd.

In for reals, you study as well, you either use a ritual already tested and constructed towards a certain goal or if you are experienced and knowledgeable construct a ritual with the necessary elements in place to achieve your goal.

Now....by ritual, (I mean not what you are thinking)

The best examples I can give you start with what you may have seen in Church. Catholics have an altar. It's set with a cloth, whose color is dependent on the time of year. Candles are usually set off to the side of the central table. Also dependent on the mass (or ritual) incense was used as the Priest entered the Church. The Priest will then recite the appropriate prayer while the wine and communion waver is sitting on the Altar. In reality the communion wafer during this is taking on the embodiment of the body of christ.

The portions of mass recited by the parishioners can be seen as also facilitating and assisting in pulling in of energies all with the aim of turning the Wafer into the body of christ, the wine the blood of christ. The Altar and Church stand as consecrated space, a space part from the ordinary world. People as they enter this space, bless themselves with the holy water provided at the doorways/entrances.

Now....I am NOT saying this in any way means the catholic ceremony is a wiccan ceremony.

I "deconstructed" the Elements, using something you "may" have seen and not fully grasped to make this next part more understandable.

In a Magical Ritual, you need the elements that will facilitate your goal.
Harry Potters wand is a form of athame, or knife used to create a line directing your energies or prayer. They aren't used for animal sacrifice....LOL!

Harry's Prayer or "spell" consentrated a particular energy needed and he pointed the wand to direct this energy. The rest was mostly fantasy cause the rest of the elements he'd of needed just weren't in evidence. Our ignorance of how magic works, and belief in "A Witch can stike you down with words" was played upon. Along with some cool CGI.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All cultures within their religions have different elements needed.

This is why learning is SOOOO,SO important.
Not only can't you appreciate the entirety of the religions ceremony you are participating in, you are in essence participating in something blindly, so to speak.

Some religious traditions also reject all symbols, but knowing the why of this is equally important in understanding.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Tulpas, Jinn, Fairies, Leprechauns, Shamans.... Kind of a mixed list here... Whereas knowledge is always a good thing... With this you're going into a one direction 180° hard turn.

Concentration and knowledge investment on the positive side and not these you mention... serves you better...

Unless you don't care and want to serve someone-thing instead? That would say a lot about your abilities to contribute positively to our/your world....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
1. Go to Google, DuckDuckGo, insert your favorite search ergine here

2. Type in random things you are interested in

3. Read results

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This reply makes it look like you just want easy answers without putting in the actual legwork on your own. Any knowledge worth obtaining is worth doing all of the requisite research. Asking a rather vague query on a conspiracy based website populated by everyone from Cathoics to Anglicans to American Evangelicals to Muslims,Budhists, Theistic Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists and on and on and on isn't necessarily going to get you the response you want let alone need.

When you make statements alluding to your ignorance on the subject matter and then add on to that by stating that you're trying to decide what you want to be shows that you really need to take a step back for a minute and evaluate exactly what the heck it is you're looking to get out of this. If you really don't understand the subject matter, perhaps you should take a good long time to properly research the material beforehand if you're trying to decide if you want to be a wizard, warlock or shaman and don't understand the most basic aspects of what each of these peoples roles were within their own cultures then you really aren't at a point where you should be deciding what you want to be when you grown up. Sorry if that comes off as somewhat harsh but your OP was incredibly vague and your knowledge on the subject matter is even more so.

If you really want some specific areas to look into, I would start with the earliest religions from Sumer/Mesopotamia and Egypt. Their religious practices were steeped in rituals and will give you a starting point. Move on to other religions of the Middle East/Levant etc... If you're more interested in modern applications, look into Aleister Crowley and Thelema, Rosicrucianism and other more modern takes on older traditions. Whatever you do though, don't "decide wha you want to be" based on a thread on a conspiracy site and take a few years to do proper research. It's the only way to understand everything and skip over the Readers Digest version or Cliff Notes.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe you should start at psycadelics and work your way down a lot of rituals or spiritual events start with them, which might cover both spectrums of what your looking for. Start with witches and wiccans and see what they contribute together and then demonology Along with warding of evil spirits.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You can start by reading Liber Nosfertau , The Left Hand Path and The Grand Grimoire if that helps

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join