It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question: ghosts, demons, witches, wizards, warlocks....and what else should I know about?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: gell1234

trolls
goblins
hobgoblins
treants
centaurs
minotaurs
giants
ogres
clerics
shamans
elfs
fairies
pixies
sprites

hmmm... start with that and get back to us

Dragons?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Short answer. Vampires YO!

Long answer. Wizards date witches who are really warlocks to summon ghosts to talk to demons.

Figure it out and you will unlock the secret.

Serious answer. Just google stuff and let it lead you to other stuff, then let that lead you to even more stuff. Get a better general grasp of the subject. From there you can find books and movies and discussion groups. Find out what tickles your fancy. From there to more specialized information. Your talking about a vast subject.
edit on 29-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That why the very first thing I said was, 'serious question.'a reply to: tikbalang

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

If you need a list and will just take random people on the internets word, on what is real. Then mayhaps this is not the subject for you.

How old are you?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
30 but a little new to mythology.

I can make my own mind up,

I just thought I'd save some time asking for a list of 'commonly' accepted 'myths.'

I left vampire and wear wolves out of the title for a reason.a reply to: karmicecstasy

edit on 29-1-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well bedlam gave you some great advice. If your serious. I would start there.

But none of it is real. Or all of it is real. I have not figured it out yet. Probably both. At the same darn time. At the same darn time.
edit on 29-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Golden Bough will keep you occupied for quite some time. I'd start there.

At some point, you'll be able to spout the difference between moroi and strigoi, toss off curses in the Tinker's Tongue, maybe even put out fires with a plate and a sator square, but first it's study time.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Witches wizards and warlocks pretend to be real...
Demon's don't want you to know they are real until its too late...
And poor ghosts try desperately to be real but lack a physical reality...
edit on 29-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thankyou.

I guess what I'm also trying to do is create a goal.

At the moment all I can say is 'I want to be a wizard or witch', and aim for that....

No one mentioned sourcerers, jinn and I'm sure there's more.
edit on 29-1-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

There are quite a number of practice systems. From Christian to Pagan and back again. Some no one will teach you unless you're the right racial makeup, and others are so corrupted over time that they bear no real resemblance to the original (coughwiccacough).

Basically, you've got your Apollonian styles like the Tree of Life, and your Dionysian styles like santaria and vodoun, and the others sort of range between. And within THOSE, you've got a rainbow of goals and sources of mana, for lack of a better term. So, let's say you were going for Apollonian Christian, with no external mana source and generally beneficent goal sets, then Penn Dutch/Amish/Appalachian folk magic would be your start.

If you like crazy Dionysian styles, then learn about Papa Ghede and get on speaking terms with your Loa.

Or there's really oddball offshoots like Eckankar where you supposedly master the ability to just OOBE off and get down with God directly, and you get a library card for the Akashic Library.

However, if you want something like Harry Potter, I don't think you're going to come up with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I want to be an attack helicopter, but I don't have the frame so I must move on.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Don't you think this life is hard enough with people , and maybe a few of your own demons, I wouldn't wish this life on a dead man , you will be blessed just to make it thru.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I might add, though, that the original Christian church had some wild ass magical practices and a lot of non-stated beliefs that did not make it into the King James except in little fragments.

It's my own idle speculation that if you wanted something personally useful and with some really whack-ass ability to it, if you could ferret out THAT secret (and of course, it presupposes something there to figure out) then you'd be Harry Potter-ish. If, that is, there actually wasn't a Yahweh that controlled its use/abuse.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Can someone write a list so I can research each of these 'things' plus what you can contribute?

There's a few folk on here who might be able to give you some decent information if you give them a more specific question.

To tell you "what else you should know about", I'd need know why.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I feel like I'm surround by magic, magicians, wizards, witches ect and I would like to research it for myself, but I need a list to research and to decide what I want to become.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Shamans are actually real things...err people that is. They typically were the spiritual leader that got the tribe safely high as hell, then they would see the visions (hallucinations)

Witches aren't real.

A lot of what you think might be real isn't bro. Sorry to be blunt, but that's how it is.

Spend more time on science, and keep the pseudoscience as a hobby.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

originally posted by: Vector99

trolls
goblins
hobgoblins
treants
centaurs
minotaurs
giants
ogres
clerics
shamans
elfs
fairies
pixies
sprites

hmmm... start with that and get back to us

Dragons?

Dragons aren't real

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
djinn

they are responsible for all the rest.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Humankind it self is mystical being, they can turn into any kind of monsters, perhaps even are source of many types of monsters, they seem to be center of many powerful and ancient secrets, spells, curses, blessings, prophecies and so on.
Many theories, stories, legends, dreams, visions, destinies and what not points to that there is more about us than we are even begun to dream of.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
Humankind it self is mystical being, they can turn into any kind of monsters, perhaps even are source of many types of monsters, they seem to be center of many powerful and ancient secrets, spells, curses, blessings, prophecies and so on.
Many theories, stories, legends, dreams, visions, destinies and what not points to that there is more about us than we are even begun to dream of.
Thanks...I got spells and curses out of you, more things to lookup.

Although I've done a little research into spells...all I could find was 'what looked like' a bunch of sites for gullible teens. As in "these spells couldn't possibly work."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join