It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary games don't scare me anymore.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I have to post this video up. Because this game. As cheap as it was built, actually had me terrified at one point. And honestly....

Monsters... or action games don't even scare me. But this pineview drive, this psychological horror game, without having anything really walking around, or moving for that matter... has effectively struck a nerve with me.

Sure the jumpscare sounds are cheap... but look at how effective it is with me.

I wear a pair of v-moda crossfade m-80's while playing this game. I have my lights turned off. I play it at 12 am. And it has me screaming.

Yet i can play resident evil 7... i can watch poltergiest, i can sit through a #ing saw movie without cringing and just looking in an uninspiring awe at how they created those gorish special fx.

But this game. Just watch the video. I have been doing this every night with this game and uploading my day by day progress of this game... and it is so cheaply made that.... it actually had me terrified of the most dumbest thing. Just watch it.

I don't know why this game is so scary for me when absolutely nothing attacks you. You have no weapons. And you are all alone in this house. Just watch it.

I am not trying to promote anything here but seriously.... i have never been this terrified in a game since resident evil 2.

It is this type of horror that is just missing in movies, or just isn't there. Or maybe they present it incorrectly. But this game.... this game... pisses me off because i shouldn't be scared of it... yet i am.

: 9Tnhty5g8s8

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

You didn't give us the video?

Here, let me try something I saw in your post:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Haha! Guy sounds terrified.

Okay, Pineview Drive, it's available on Steam for 20 dollars. Have to keep that one in mind for a Let's Play video myself.

Based on what you said then, if that game terrifies you, you might want to give this game a try:

The Midnight Game

It's a completely FREE game that you can download. It's not made by some big gaming company.

It puts you in a house, where you start a ritual to call the Midnight Man. You end up having to turn off all the lights, and then: survive
It's dark in the house, thunder and lightning outside, and you have to keep a candle lit, and you have to light it by actually striking a match, using your mouse....it's pretty hard to do, especially when the candle get's blown out by the Midnight Man, hehehe. And you have only so many matches. You can to keep moving around in the house and find them, among other things.

Like I said, it's free, just costs you time in download and giving it a play. I made several Let's Play videos on the game right when they first put it out:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just realized the video I posted doesn't really show a lot of the actual game play, but just me getting killed a lot in the beginning, hehehe, because I kept messing up. Here's another one later where there is more game play:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't like scary games. It's too stressful for me. I prefer relaxing small games like Dodgeballs or Slain on iogames.center... . These games are funny and really addictive.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The last of us....
dead space....check those out =)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I wouldn't classify Thief as horror.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eldemie

I own both of those games. They didn't scare me. The last of us is like metal gear solid. Dead space 2 and 1 were scary at first.... but then it became more of a trial and error game. All the while trying to figure out the best angle of attack on the creatures in the game. That is what it became... a game of how to use a plasma cutter correctly so you can swiftly work faster with the new cutting tool you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join