It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former KGB Operative Linked To Trump Dossier Found Dead In Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

At the time of Erovinkin's death, Russian state-run RIA Novosti news agency said his body was found in a black Lexus and that a major investigation was underway in the area. His body was sent to the morgue, which returned no cause of death, and the investigation continues. Local media reports suggested he was killed as a result of foul play, but it was later claimed he died of a heart attack. Christo Grozev, an expert on Russia-related security threats, wrote in a blog post, that he believes Erovinkin was Mr Steele's dossier source. He wrote that he has no doubt the dossier was on Putin's desk at the time the suspected victim died. 'Whichever is true,' he wrote, 'He would have had a motive to seek – and find the mole. Christopher Steele pictured with a female companion believed to be his second wife Katharine +3 Christopher Steele pictured with a female companion believed to be his second wife Katharine 'He would have had to conclude that Erovinkin was at least a person of interest.' The so-called dirty dossier states that in 2013 Trump hired prostitutes to urinate on the bed of the Presidential Suite at the Moscow Ritz Carlton, where he knew Barack and Michelle Obama had previously stayed. It says: 'Trump's unorthodox behavior in Russia over the years had provided the authorities there with enough embarrassing material on the now Republican presidential candidate to be able to blackmail him if they so wished.' The document states that Trump had declined 'sweetener' real estate deals in Russia that the Kremlin lined up in order to cultivate him. The business proposals were said to be 'in relation to the ongoing 2018 World Cup soccer tournament' The dossier claimed that the Russian regime had been 'cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years'. According to the document, one source even claimed that 'the Trump operation was both supported and directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin' with the aim being to 'sow discord'. The report claims that Russian President Vladimir Putin himself had endorsed moves to encourage 'splits and divisions in the West. The dossier was handed over to the FBI in August although the information was also passed from the former MI6 agent to John McCain through an intermediary. McCain then handed the document over to FBI Director James Comey.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well this is interesting to me. Official Russian sources are claiming it was a heart attack however I am skeptical given how Putin has handled those who have caused him grief in the past.
I'm still looking for more specific information and appreciate your input.
I searched to see if this was reported here but came up empty, if it has no offense taken if thread gets nixed. Just point me to the info.
Thanks ATS, let's go to work.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Find any man or women in the crowd that shakes trumps hand, and eliminate them, place blame.. Too easy. could be true but highly doub't it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian

The Russians took control of their government from the communists but they still exist in Russia. This was likely a communist that sent out bogus info to help the communists here in the US. The dossier is obviously fake.
edit on 28-1-2017 by SLAVETOTIME because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think this being a conspiracy as listed is not real. This is a statement by some guy with no evidence to show it is real. Just because someone has some credentials doesn't mean he is not swayed by his beliefs that he holds. I don't see any real evidence that this has anything to do with Trump. Putin might of offed him for reasons of his own, he may have died of a heart attack. I am sure they off a few people there just like they probably do here. To say our government doesn't get rid of anybody anymore sounds kind of naive, I am sure they do if it is needed. I will not judge these people in any governments who do this kind of stuff, I don't want to be on any list.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAVETOTIME

The Russians took control of their government from the communists but they still exist in Russia. This was likely a communist that sent out bogus info to help the communists here in the US. The dossier is obviously fake.

Communist seems to be a blanket statement in modern times to define anyone that disagrees with the plutocratic practice exhibited by money in politics or believes that government should provide safety nets. It's also used to brand people that support a tax code similar to what Eisenhower implemented and I do not recall Eisenhower being a friend of communists.
That stated, whether or not the dossier had true information there is little doubt that it's contents and construction were frowned on by Putin. With that in mind this would not be the first time if the Kremlin was involved.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think this being a conspiracy as listed is not real. This is a statement by some guy with no evidence to show it is real. Just because someone has some credentials doesn't mean he is not swayed by his beliefs that he holds. I don't see any real evidence that this has anything to do with Trump. Putin might of offed him for reasons of his own, he may have died of a heart attack. I am sure they off a few people there just like they probably do here. To say our government doesn't get rid of anybody anymore sounds kind of naive, I am sure they do if it is needed. I will not judge these people in any governments who do this kind of stuff, I don't want to be on any list.

I have not made any claims that President Trump is involved in this surreal turn of events. It is however worthy of consideration considering actions taken against Putin's rivals in the past. It smells fishy to me. Apparently I'm not alone in thinking so.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Wasn't the urination/prostitute reportedly created on 4chan? How is this still being reported as real news? Someone fill me in.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian Our view modern communism is brain washing.

The Truth About McCarthyism: Modern Parallels www.youtube.com...

JFK And The Untold Conspiracy From Communism www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WorShip

Wasn't the urination/prostitute reportedly created on 4chan? How is this still being reported as real news? Someone fill me in.

Honestly I'm not sure but again, this is not about Trump.
Whether or not that report is true this seems like a fishy death and I am under the impression Putin was not happy with this person who was coincidentally found dead today.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Last I seen the "guy" from 4chan/pol was on Michael Savage's show.
Here is the vid.
supposedly he has some more proof

for those who dont know, It is claimed 4chan created this story. The debate is still out on it.

edit on 28-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WorShip

Because the dossier contains more then just that one point. People focused on that one point that was never proven to be a 4chan plant (they like to take credit for things they had nothing to do with to troll others) in order to discredit all the other points.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Is #ing hysterical. As a Democrat who voted Trump, trust me I'm looking for serious flaws.

Let's get real first; If Trump had prostitute's piss on the bed that Obama slept in, then, well, awesome.

If the Russians can blackmail him than why his stance on Iran?

edit on 28-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGozerian

originally posted by: rickymouse

I have not made any claims that President Trump is involved in this surreal turn of events. It is however worthy of consideration considering actions taken against Putin's rivals in the past. It smells fishy to me. Apparently I'm not alone in thinking so.

I know you didn't make any claims, I paid attention to what you said. The article posted seems to point to it though. And your title does mention it but is related to what is said in the article.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The Communist party is the second biggest party in Russia and is the most powerful rival to Putin's United Russia party.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
IF this is true, keep in mind that it was the Democrats who last hired the guy who did the dossier.
Maybe Clinton wanted to make sure no one discussed the specifics of their deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I'll start off I hope this stuff isn't true. I do find it hard to believe Trump as outrageous as he is that he would give a # if someone said he had hookers or whatever the story is supposed to be. My intuition isn't hitting on this story positive or negative, and usually it does, so that's weird.

there are lots of people with a clear motive to claim Trump is compromised. People can die to make it look legit or they can die because it's legit. So that doesn't help.

oh and if you die in Russia there's no telling the cause of death sometimes. You could be shot in front of the kremlin with 30 cameras on you and there would be no leads to anyone witnessing your "heart attack"

Who the hell knows?

We don't have enough to go on.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sasadude Its the second biggest party here to.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
IF this is true, keep in mind that it was the Democrats who last hired the guy who did the dossier.
Maybe Clinton wanted to make sure no one discussed the specifics of their deal.

In this case, the request for opposition research on Donald Trump came from one of his Republican opponents in the primary campaign. The research firm then hired one of its sub-contractors who it used regularly on all things Russian: a retired western European former counter-intelligence official, with a long history of dealing with the shadow world of Moscow’s spooks and siloviki (securocrats).

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This story is elaborated upon in the Telegraph:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

An ex-KGB chief suspected of helping the former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to compile his dossier on Donald Trump may have been murdered by the Kremlin and his death covered up. it has been claimed.

Oleg Erovinkin, a former general in the KGB and its successor the FSB, was found dead in the back of his car in Moscow on Boxing Day in mysterious circumstances.

Erovinkin was a key aide to Igor Sechin, a former deputy prime minister and now head of Rosneft, the state-owned oil company, who is repeatedly named in the dossier.

Apparently Erovinkin was a connection between the head of Rosneft, the big Russian oil company, and Vladimir Putin. Since the head of the oil company was mentioned frequently in the dossier, speculation is that Putin may have come to believe that Erovinkin was leaky.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

From your source:

By the time the contractor had started his research, however, the Republican primary was over. The original client had dropped out, but the firm that had hired him had found a new, Democratic client. This was not necessarily the Hillary Clinton campaign or the Democratic National Committee. Opposition research is frequently financed by wealthy individuals who have donated all they can and are looking for other ways to help.

top topics

join