It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well I guess I Should run around calling them the deplorable s.

Right ?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The stakes are too high right now, introvert.

What is loose in the world right now, has grown into a huge monster just since 2012 and its tentacles have already made it to Europe.

This monster has been clear. They very plainly said they would enter our borders through the immigration and refugee program. Why do people continue to not believe them?

For now, at this stage and during this particular time, we have to protect our borders. Those with the intelligence information know things that would probably scare the public to death.

President Trump is doing what needs to be done right now. It's a shame America cannot come together and understand this.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Actually the EO is a temporary ban

And a STAY is a temporary ban on a temporary ban.

But,but,but THEY WON!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

All one has to do is read text of USC 8, 1182 to figure out Trump is well within his right as President to halt entry pretty much for any reason he deems. Including visa holders or any other non citizen group whether by political or religious affiliation.

The law written in 1952 has been longstanding and even Obama used it as well as Jimmy Carter.

The judge is going to get reversed very badly.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We shut the door were there is an actual or strongly perceived threat.

Keyword: "perceived".

Again, it's a defensive reaction made out of fear by those that have been duped in to believing people of a certain region, or perhaps religion, are going to steal their babies, bomb everyone else and instill Sharia Law.

Scared, limp-wristed governance.

Again, I don't like the fact that this halts LEGAL immigration

Then you should oppose it. Period.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

What have you offered to this thread? All you have said is you doubt the story is true? You posted two links to an article. And to your other posts? Well, that is just like, your opinion man, as is my post. Only difference is, I speak with more authority. It makes you feel uncomfortable that someone speaks with this much conviction. Not sure why, considering the fact that you support a man who does it to a greater degree than I, and his convictions are filled with incoherent rambling and hollow words.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's becoming obvious this judge is just causing chaos for no good reason. Motivated solely by politics.

The modern totalitarian regressive left that has seized control of the Democratic Party is the real threat to America, greater than the Wahhabis Trump is trying to keep out.

Wahhabis can destroy things and kill people, the regressives can end the state as it currently stands.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Again, it's a defensive reaction made out of fear by those that have been duped in to believing people of a certain region, or perhaps religion, are going to steal their babies, bomb everyone else and instill Sharia Law.

Oh well then maybe we should run around shouting muslim violence needs to end.

Maybe then it wouldn't be so scerry.
edit on 28-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

What have you offered to this thread? All you have said is you doubt the story is true? You posted two links to an article. And to your other posts? Well, that is just like, your opinion man, as is my post. Only difference is, I speak with more authority. It makes you feel uncomfortable that someone speaks with this much conviction. Not sure why, considering the fact that you support a man who does it to a greater degree than I, and his convictions are filled with incoherent rambling and hollow words.

You clearly have not read my posts then. I laugh at your supposed authority.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

The stakes are too high right now, introvert.

What is loose in the world right now, has grown into a huge monster just since 2012 and its tentacles have already made it to Europe.

This monster has been clear. They very plainly said they would enter our borders through the immigration and refugee program. Why do people continue to not believe them?

For now, at this stage and during this particular time, we have to protect our borders. Those with the intelligence information know things that would probably scare the public to death.

President Trump is doing what needs to be done right now. It's a shame America cannot come together and understand this.

Again, all about the fear.

I don't live my life based on what-ifs or the fears of what may happen.

Not going to suppress the freedoms of others because I cannot control my own fears.

Someone could shoot me tomorrow. Should I push to ban firearms?
edit on 28-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

To tell you the truth I don't think the judge in question is going to enforced a darn thing, he doesn't surpass the congress already established laws on immigration and neither the power of the federal government to enforce those laws in the book.

I don't even think the article is even real.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

We shut the door were there is an actual or strongly perceived threat.

Keyword: "perceived".

Scared, limp-wristed governance.

Again, I don't like the fact that this halts LEGAL immigration

Then you should oppose it. Period.

So perceived means we should ignore history or habit? Stealing babies? That's a new one by me.

You think is should oppose it, but this is temporary and I half agree with it. Period.period.period.question mark.

link   

Of course you do.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I thought the judge just wanted to clear those in transit, out of the airports, globally. Chaos was the reason for the temporary halt on the executive order.

Plus, Saudi (Wahhabis) is not on the anti immigration list of countries.
Wahhabis are still allowed in the states

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, sometimes I wonder about you.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's dumb, having a visa never means you will be allowed to enter.

But, Trump's order banned US Citizens who held dual citizenship with one of the 7 countries, from entering the US.

Banning a US Citizen from entering the USA.

Think about that.

What is the value of Citizenship if a simple EO can take away all rights?

Nuts.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

There's no constitutional right to enter the US.

The right to enter the US cannot be based on a religious test

There's no religious test in the text of the EO.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Someone tell me if a New York Judge trumps a Executive Order from Trump? My understanding it was Congress or SCOTUS?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

JinMi: You clearly have not read my posts then. I laugh at your supposed authority.

Of course you do.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Wonder about the future of this country, and if any of us will be around.

When the 'freedom lovers' give this nations enemies the freedom to make it easy to get rid of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join