It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Either history class if failing Americans or we are full of refugees and immigrants that do not really give a darn how our nation of laws work, Because they will become such a majority that they will change our politics and our laws.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How stupid that would be of them.

That would only cement Trump's justification.

He could do almost anything he wanted with almost no opposition.

link   
RE: www.msn.com...

""NEW YORK, Jan 28 (Reuters) - A federal judge in Brooklyn, New York issued an emergency stay on Saturday that temporarily blocks the U.S. government from sending people out of the country after they have landed at a U.S. airport with valid visas.""

What will the MSM say if one of these visa-holders commits a violent crime?

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

I wouldn't disagree with you and I agree with the temporary ban. I would also like to see an effort to aid these people in their own country and any whom go over there to aid the refugees have full protection under the umbrella of our military.

End of the day, America helped create this situation with its politics. A blind eye can not be turned to that nor can we further endanger our people.

Endanger our people where? Here in the US?

You're more likely to be killed in a domestic dispute than a terrorist attack by Muslims.

I'd say I'm not sure why so many people are so scared of the world around them, but I am pretty sure why.

Politics.

Again, not disagreeing with you on motive. There's plenty of argument for both sides but as I see it, halting refugees from a free pass into the country is helpful. I don't agree with halting legal immigration. I think the POTUS can halt all or none and that is what were seeing.

It's not a halt on those with just a "free pass". It's a halt to the very spirit and fabric that makes this country different than those that create refugees.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson that said those whom were born of other nations have a right to join our exercise in fee society, as long as they abide by the laws.

Now even those that choose to do so are turned away.

It is also a halt on those that would seek the U.S., regardless of motive, ahead of those that are attempting to come in legally. I certainly understand the rift that is caused and I hope you can see my side of the argument even though you don't agree.

My main stance is that I don't see all that would want to come over here want to exercise in our free society. I think they want to hold their own religious/political values/laws above the US or disregard them entirely. Does that apply to all? Certainly not.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What will the MSM say if one of these visa-holders commits a violent crime?

*crickets*

link   

originally posted by: neo96

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson that said those whom were born of other nations have a right to join our exercise in fee society, as long as they abide by the laws.

Do you mean that guy that was a slave owner?

And after he grew wiser ended up signing an act prohibiting importation of slaves.

Ya, that guy.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

So you agree I am not anxious, but happy. Anxiety on the average, tends to be accompanied with fear, not happiness. Though there are cases where anxiety is present, but that is only in anticipation of the event which causes the happiness.

Your response: "How do you know the reality of the situation is reality?" Even if the 'reality' of the situation were not indeed the 'reality', it is the inevitability which will surely come and only a sycophant would think Trumps orders would not be met with backlash. The fact that you are in meltdown mode over this inevitability is what is making me 'anxious'.

I did not degrade you. I called a spade a spade. Supporters are people who can look at their candidate rationally, and criticize them when necessary. Sycophants are the ones who rationalize all his actions, even if those actions are worthy of indignation. One would think if you are a true patriot and believer of America principles, you would be appalled the recent Executive orders put forth by the president.

Do you actually know what makes America great? I see all this talk of MAGA, but do you really know WHAT makes American great? I can tell you what doesn't make America great. Isolationism. Nativism. Bullying. Dictator-like responses to issues which are much more complicated than the solutions put forth. Short-sighted and hasty decisions in regards to trade, and economic policies which will have more long-term effects. Banning immigrants because let us be honest. WITHOUT immigrants, this nation would have never thrived the way that it did.

Sycophants are fools of the highest order and have no clue what they are setting into motion on the global stage.
edit on 28-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

Either history class if failing Americans or we are full of refugees and immigrants that do not really give a darn how our nation of laws work, Because they will become such a majority that they will change our politics and our laws.

History class sure did fail.

Because Ellis Island turned people away.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Is all here say, America also have laws that protect born and naturalized citizens of the US.

So I know the law, now do you.

Is all propaganda.

The law is the law and is very clear.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

My main stance is that I don't see all that would want to come over here want to exercise in our free society. I think they want to hold their own religious/political values/laws above the US or disregard them entirely. Does that apply to all? Certainly not.

So we stop all at the door because there is a chance a couple may have ill will?

Cut off the nose to spite the face?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Erm, isn't this a temporary block on deportations?
I am not seeing anywhere that says that those detained need to be released.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The EO has been frozen. I don't think this is anywhere close to being over. Our President is insane.

The whole world is run by insane men and women.. trump is just another brick in the wall..

Not really. He's loose stick of dynamite in place of a brick in that wall. We happen to be in that wall.

His bricks are only in walls that keep us apart.

link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

So you agree I am not anxious, but happy. Anxiety on the average, tends to be accompanied with fear, not happiness. Though there are cases where anxiety is present, but that is only in anticipation of the event which causes the happiness.

I don't know what you feel I made an assumption and based on this text neither do you.

Your response: "How do you know the reality of the situation is reality?" Even if the 'reality' of the situation were not indeed the 'reality', it is the inevitability which will surely come and only a sycophant would think Trumps orders would not be met with backlash. The fact that you are in meltdown mode over this inevitability is what is making me 'anxious'.

If your going to quote me then do it properly. I did not say that.
I've met this thread with honesty and sources. Are you calling me a sycophant? Someone else in this thread? Cmon buck, own up to it. Or add to the discussion with factual information and coherent responses.

If you followed any of my history you would see that I am a voter for trump and that has not given him a free pass.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

This is good, but a little late, in my opinion.

Until another Tsarnev makes another pressure cooker bomb, or a married couple goes on a shooting rampage or a 'confused' guy goes shoots up another night club.

Good they say.

Until another Mosque is burned down, until another American-Christian father and son duo kidnap and rape 14 year old girls and justify themselves with Biblical law... Using the few to justify the hate against the many? Not going to work out to well for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

How dare you insult the messiah, Obama, he was the best, best president in the world, soo good that people forgot what America laws are for, were written for and how they were enforced.

Yes you are right, how dare you, be right.

edit on 28-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The cognitive dissonance that came out of New York tonite is deafening.

Banning transfats.

Banned hi capacity magazines.

Banned 'assault weapons'.

Gets a free pass to people from States with known ties to terrorism.

Good hell.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

So we stop all at the door because there is a chance a couple may have ill will?

Cut off the nose to spite the face?

We shut the door were there is an actual or strongly perceived threat.
Again, I don't like the fact that this halts LEGAL immigration.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A federal judge has granted a temporary stay to allow detainees with valid visas to stay in the US.

I'm not seeing it as a repudiation of Trump's EO.

But it is a challenge.

NONE OF US wins 100% of the time. President Trump understands, because he has not succeeded 100% of the time. It's NORMAL.

He is not NORMAL and he does not like to lose. I highly doubt he is taking this well.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is just for people who were in transit when the EO came down. I am afraid you and your friends will find the ban is fully operational.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Actually the EO is a temporary ban, but as you can read in the board lately, people had forgotten no only Americas law in immigration passed by congress but also, how to read the whole EO.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join