It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Right now, I have little to no faith in Robart. The way I see it, we barely started draining the swamp and the crud already clogged the pipes.

Gonna need a much bigger plunger, it seems.

TheRedneck

P.S.: got a link for a lazy redneck?

edit on 2/9/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Indigo5

Less safe from who? Maybe the people who Trump tried to keep out?

Any terrorist activity that occurs due to someone who travelled from one of those 7 countries is now squarely on the shoulders of the District 9 court. Not Trump.

So literally ..by that logic, any terrorist activity from anyone not from those 7 countries is squarely on Trump?

Ok then...
edit on 9-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The logic of these right wingers is stunningly sad.

originally posted by: Indigo5

Less safe from who? Maybe the people who Trump tried to keep out?

Any terrorist activity that occurs due to someone who travelled from one of those 7 countries is now squarely on the shoulders of the District 9 court. Not Trump.

So literally ..by that logic, any terrorist activity from anyone not from those 7 countries is squarely on Trump?

Ok then...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've re-read many of the right wingers' comments on this thread and it is painfully obvious that you guys are 1. brainwashed and 2. dumb as f__k. Seriously, there is a reason why your rust belt and southern states have become the armpit of America. Every time you look at the mirror you should say to yourself that you are the problem. You are ignorant and the scariest thing is that you are a fundamentalist extremist that try to claim title to the constitution when you have zero understanding of it.

2 republican appointed judges have come out to deny reinstatement of the ban. Why? They are political hacks? No. They are not. It's because the ban has language that is shameful and should not be a part of the law of this great country.

This was a win for America and a loss for right wing extremism, a loss for stupidity.
edit on 9-2-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

As far as I'm concerned.... ANYTHING bad that happens is now on the shoulders of the District 9 court.

I might be slow, but you're a good teacher.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Will you care to post the language that is shameful, then please can you quote the law that was broken from all the immigrations laws we have you know before Trump and what the constitution says on foreign immigration and who is the one that have the power over immigration?

Pretty please.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Read the EO. Educate yourself instead of listening to right wing propaganda. If you can't see it, there is nothing I can do to help you.

originally posted by: marg6043

Will you care to post the language that is shameful, then please can you quote the law that was broken from all the immigrations laws we have you know before Trump and what the constitution says on foreign immigration and who is the one that have the power over immigration?

Pretty please.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Oh, but I did, I also read the constitution and also the immigration laws passed by congress.

Darn I most be reading the wrong information, no like you, so hey help this littler old lady going blind and post what I ask.

Occurs if you can no pressure here.

Pleassseee.l

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Incidentally, there is a way to fix this mess. Trump could have another Executive Order drawn up and ready to sign by morning that would make vetting so difficult that practically no one could get in, and have it apply to all countries.

Sounds very Soviet to me..

A week ago I would have fought such an order; now I would support it.

TheRedneck

Makes me wonder what you will support a week from now?

Let the LGBT movement serve as an example...No need to stay closeted with your Authoritarian love these days..don't be coy Red, be who you are. Fly the flag proudly.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You could quote the laws broken like was asked...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

There was a whole lot of bigotry going on in that post there. Shows the kind of person you are.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Victory?

9th circuit is a joke

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sounds very Soviet to me..

Yeah, it does. Almost, but not quite, as much as shopping around for an unelected judge willing to jeopardize national security, ignore precedent, violate the separation of powers, and re-write laws on the basis of "I don't like Trump."

Makes me wonder what you will support a week from now?

Me, too. I guess it'll depend on what the far left radical extremist terrorists do next. I'm still learning from them, you know.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Victory?

9th circuit is a joke

You forgot the SOURCE for your graphic?

Ya know...the article that begins like this..

When the subject of Supreme Court reversal rates arises, two common perceptions usually come to
mind. First, the Ninth Circuit is the “rogue circuit.”

Second, the Supreme Court only takes cases that it intends to reverse.
An empirical study of Supreme Court dispositions of cases from the courts of appeals during the last 10 Terms
reveals that neither of these common perceptions is true.

www.americanbar.org...

SO...You actually found an article explaining the FALLACY of statistics showing that the Ninth Circuit Court is not unusual...and cherry picked a graphic out of context to support the fallacy.

Your posts are not just BS, but intentional BS...
edit on 10-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I took the graphic from a biased source, doesnt mean the data isnt true.

What did my post say?

A graphic with true data, and my opinion that 9th circuit is a joke.

Go ahead and parse through my posts and please give me more "BS" from "All" of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Me, too. I guess it'll depend on what the far left radical extremist terrorists do next. I'm still learning from them, you know.

TheRedneck

You are aware that ISIS, AQ, Taliban are Extremist RIGHT WING Groups? Ultra-Conservative Religious Authoritarians..The same way Conservatives in the US cite the Bible as a foundation for our government and it's laws is the same way Radical Islamists cite the Koran..Similar Misogyny, antagonism toward education, religious views as a governing principle, intolerance et al.

No doubt you will support whatever your orange oompa-loompa god demands you support in the name of "Security".

The rest of us will fight to keep this country safe from those willing to trade our American Principles and Constitution for the false safety being sold by a flim-flam tyrant.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yes, thats the way the US started, and a Christian nation.

Thanks to the same tenants of said nation you can democratically change that. You tried and lost, dont be a sore loser, just get your buddies to vote next time legally

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You are aware that ISIS, AQ, Taliban are Extremist RIGHT WING Groups?

So that's why you want them to come here?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You are aware that ISIS, AQ, Taliban are Extremist RIGHT WING Groups?

So that's why you want them to come here?

TheRedneck

Which of the 9-11 terrorists cited in the EO originated from the 7 countries that were banned again?

Oh...that's right..NONE...None of the nationalities associated with the 9-11 terror attack were on the list...and yet Trump cited 9-11 as a reason to be very afraid in the EO?

Stupid, Incompetent...bigoted...tyrant..

And SCOTUS will stomp down this EO...Trump will not appeal it, cuz his DOJ is explaining to him right now an appeal to SCOTUS will be a massive embarrassing defeat.

NEXT UP...VIRGINIA

Lawyers for Virginia Challenging Trump Travel Ban in Court
"will be the most in-depth examination of the merits of the arguments against the ban."

This time they are going for FULL INJUNCTION, not just a stay...
Lawyers for Herring, a Democrat, are asking the judge for a preliminary injunction

OH...and there is that word I mentioned days ago..

In a court document filed ahead of the hearing, Virginia's lawyers challenge the constitutionality of the executive order and say there is "overwhelming evidence" that the executive order "resulted from animus toward Muslims."

abcnews.go.com...

Popcorn in hand and wondering how many times the oompa-loompa will get slapped down by the Judicial Branch before he throws a full blown baby tantrum on national television.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Which of the 9-11 terrorists cited in the EO originated from the 7 countries that were banned again?

None. That wasn't my question.

ISIS, Al-Qaeida, and the Taliban are from those countries. Why do you want them here?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65 >>

join