It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The judge who did this was a New York judge who was appointed by Obama.

Right.

The judge is using political favoritism - - not law.

Just like liberals blamed Obama's shortcomings on Bush, this is simply the pendulum swinging the other way back.

Brace yourselves. The "it's Obamas fault," comments will be full force for the next few years.

link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's breaking on twitter right now.
LINK - The Verge - Fegeral court halts Trump's immigration ban

It is an "emergency stay" (hold) on the travel ban.

- AB

Thank you AB for he source. Quoting since no one is bothering to read it.

link   
a reply to: Annee

That's not a constitutional amendment.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

SO, where is it written, please, you have not proven your assumption yet. I am waiting.......Show me the actual words. Anything less is you making up crap in order to yell about a person you hate.

Put down the hate stick...please.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

By the way some post here it looks like they have no clue how our nation of laws actually work.

They really don't.

When the next terrorist attack happens, and there is going to be.

They still won't get it.

link   
a reply to: snowspirit

The clusterfak (as you put it) was bound to happen because of the timing.

Why tell people in advance that you are going to put a ban on countries where terrorism has tentacles from entering without the new vetting process. That's dumb and just plain silly.

That's kind of like telling ISIS you are going to be bombing in a certain place next month. Then you announce that in two weeks we will be bombing there. Then a couple of days before, you once again say, we are going to attack! lol! We are no longer under the Obamaesque way of doing things.

Good! Major inconvenience today! Good! Take care of those caught in the initial phase with this temporary stay. But, guess what? The EO stands. Don't try coming in tomorrow.
edit on 28-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Krakatoa

Its easy to refute you.

Its clear it is a religious test, something banned by the constitution, because those countries are above 90 percent Muslim and Trump has said Christians can come.

But you didn't and/or can't because it's not true...unless you have a source for unconstitutional activity.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

I wouldn't disagree with you and I agree with the temporary ban. I would also like to see an effort to aid these people in their own country and any whom go over there to aid the refugees have full protection under the umbrella of our military.

End of the day, America helped create this situation with its politics. A blind eye can not be turned to that nor can we further endanger our people.

Endanger our people where? Here in the US?

You're more likely to be killed in a domestic dispute than a terrorist attack by Muslims.

I'd say I'm not sure why so many people are so scared of the world around them, but I am pretty sure why.

Politics.

Again, not disagreeing with you on motive. There's plenty of argument for both sides but as I see it, halting refugees from a free pass into the country is helpful. I don't agree with halting legal immigration. I think the POTUS can halt all or none and that is what were seeing.

It's not a halt on those with just a "free pass". It's a halt to the very spirit and fabric that makes this country different than those that create refugees.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson that said those whom were born of other nations have a right to join our exercise in free society, as long as they abide by the laws.

Now even those that choose to do so are turned away.
edit on 28-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
here's the EO in case anybody is thinking about it...

Trumps EO

link   
a reply to: D8Tee

They are only surprised but they are no so use to a president keeping promises that they are foaming at the mouth, How dare Trump do what he promised in his campaign

And the nice thing about is that is all under already US established laws. How dare America to have laws to protect citizens and the nation

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: neo96

Bingo!!!

By the way some post here it looks like they have no clue how our nation of laws actually work.

Perhaps the 8 years of free open borders under Obama had created a confusion about all those laws that were ignored

lol right on cue "but Obama."

There was an American citizen who was in Iraq, whose daughters were waiting at the airport, only to find out she was taken back to Iraq and not allowed to enter.

An American citizen. I don't think you folks get the point. This isn't about an "open border." That's for a debate on its own.

But continue - deflect, deflect, deflect.

link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Yes, it's not over pending legal briefs in February. But this stops the right wing hate in its tracks right now.

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The EO has been frozen. I don't think this is anywhere close to being over. Our President is insane.

Lol. You call wanting to vet refugees to confirm they are who and what they say they are "right wing hate." This is why democrats lost the election.

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: JinMI

I literally just woke up from well needed nap, after working hard ass manual labor. My brainwaves are currently operating at a low alpha/theta.

There is no way I am filled with any anxiety at the moment. Though, I will argue that the style of posing from Trumpers are showing their anxiety. They are afraid now because the people are fighting back. They are worried that their little Cesar Donald can't run the country like he run his businesses, and there are actual consequences to your actions. As the months go by, this will become more of a reality for the clueless sycophants.

Ever heard the saying "make money with your mind, not your hands"?

You are a great example of working harder, not smarter.

The insecurity of hating wealthy to the point of labeling everyone who you envy is wacko.

I'm not religious, but envy is a no, no. It will eat you up and make you apply labels to justify your shortcomings.

Not healthy dude

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: edited

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson that said those whom were born of other nations have a right to join our exercise in fee society, as long as they abide by the laws.

Do you mean that guy that was a slave owner?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: D8Tee

They are only surprised but they are no so use to a president keeping promises that they are foaming at the mouth, How dare Trump do what he promised in his campaign

And the nice thing about is that is all under already US established laws. How dare America to have laws to protect citizens and the nation

"The law," and the state is a #ty unit of moral measurement.

Everything Hitler did in Germany legal. The bailouts were legal. NDAA is legal.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A federal judge has granted a temporary stay to allow detainees with valid visas to stay in the US.

I'm not seeing it as a repudiation of Trump's EO.

But it is a challenge.

In transit.

link   
And here is the text of the existing legislation (passed in 2016 by the former president). I see no mention at all of any religious affiliations anywhere. Those claiming it is, are consciously lying to everyone. Those lies need to be called out and people shown their hate.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I think people are afraid that Trump EO might anger ISIS into doing something. . . I don't know. . . something like a terrorist attack.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
here's the EO in case anybody is thinking about it...

Trumps EO

Section 1. Purpose. The visa-issuance process plays a crucial role in detecting individuals with terrorist ties and stopping them from entering the United States. Perhaps in no instance was that more apparent than the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when State Department policy prevented consular officers from properly scrutinizing the visa applications of several of the 19 foreign nationals who went on to murder nearly 3,000 Americans. And while the visa-issuance process was reviewed and amended after the September 11 attacks to better detect would-be terrorists from receiving visas, these measures did not stop attacks by foreign nationals who were admitted to the United States.

Imagine that!

Had the 19 hijackers properly vetted the last 16 years of war could have been prevented.

Or at the very least mitigated.

Golf clap for the ACLU.
edit on 28-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Where the Hell were you people when Obama was doing all this =

WASHINGTON — President Obama has issued a form of executive action known as the presidential memorandum more often than any other president in history — using it to take unilateral action even as he has signed fewer executive orders

He used a memorandum so he could get away with not calling it an EO.

When these two forms of directives are taken together, Obama is on track to take more high-level executive actions than any president since Harry Truman battled the "Do Nothing Congress" almost seven decades ago, according to a USA TODAY review of presidential documents.

As long as it was a Liberal, everything's just fine, huh?

Hypocrites.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join