It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

OMG this is a bait thread if there has ever been one! LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Ok man there is no, as in ZERO proof that Trump is hoping something will happen. It wouldnt matter to you anyway if something did happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

39.12 minutes into the video

THE COURT: So you're aware of law enforcement. How many arrests have there been of foreign nationals for those seven countries since 9/11?

MS. BENNETT: Your Honor, I don't have that information. I'm from the civil division if that helps get me off the hook.

THE COURT: Let me tell you. The answer to that is none, as best I can tell. So, I mean, you're here arguing on behalf of someone that says: We have to protect the United States from these individuals coming from these countries, and there's no support for that.

"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

The judge seems to have overstepped his bounds, notice it says WOULD BE detrimental, not HAVE BEEN detrimental.

The President has access to intelligence that cannot and will not be discussed in a courtroom.
Congress itself had determined that two of those countries posed a threat, and the other five countries had been identified by the Obama Administration in connection with terrorism.

Anyways, this will hit the court of appeals likely monday evening.
Might lose there as well and have to proceed to SCOTUS.

edit on 5-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: D8Tee

And.....

Two Middle Eastern Refugees Arrested In U.S. On Terror Charges — One from Syria

America's enemies within: How nearly SEVENTY have been arrested in America over ISIS plots in the last 18 months - including refugees who had been given safe haven but 'turned to terror'

lots more.

Judge Robart is ignorant.
More concerned about Microsoft losing some employees.
edit on 5-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

More concerned about Microsoft losing some employees.

Actually, he was more concerned about the arguments put forth by each side.
He figured that the AG would have won the case as presented.

Time will tell.

edit on 2/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Judge Robart suspected President Trump had made a decision on an irrational basis, many feel he was misinformed, judging on his personal beliefs and not the rule of law. ie a politician wearing robes.

THE COURT: Well, counsel, I understand that from your papers, and you very forcefully presented that argument. But I'm also asked to look and determine if the Executive Order is rationally based. And rationally based to me implies that to some extent I have to find it grounded in facts as opposed to fiction.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

And rationally based to me implies that to some extent I have to find it grounded in facts as opposed to fiction.

He was, apparently, short on some facts. So was the US government, apparently. That does not change what has occurred.

Round 2, coming up.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And rationally based to me implies that to some extent I have to find it grounded in facts as opposed to fiction.

He was, apparently, short on some facts. That does not change what has occurred.

Round 2, coming up.

Yep.
Ninth Circuit likely tommorow nite.
I'm guessing it will not succeed and will proceed to SCOTUS, thats the result of my coin toss.
If it gets to SCOTUS, i'm guessing Trump wins and the EO sticks.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So basically he allowed a made up reason from states attorney not found in Constitution.

And of coust 9th circus never questioned constitutional standing - yet.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

So basically he allowed a made up reason from states attorney not found in Constitution.
No. But the world has changed since the Constitution was written. For example, women can vote. That wasn't in the Constitution, was it?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix
I hope the Ninth Circuit, or otherwise SCOTUS, will not accept that a district judge simply substitutes his knowledge based on what is hearsay at best (that he didn't hear about any such arrests in the media) for the President's assessment of the threat.

There are checks and balances in the system for a reason.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I would not hold my breath in hopes the 9th circus court of appeals does its job correctly. Scotus on the other hand will hopefully use the Constitution and not liberal viewpoint substitutions.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

For example, women can vote. That wasn't in the Constitution, was it?

It is and has been since women could vote.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I know it is.
But it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Your point?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

the solitary judge up in Wash. State...has determined that POTUS Trump must continue to abide by the Obama administration Open Borders policy...

that my friends is Illegal, the 10,000 or more radical Jihadists from war torn nations which are in aggression to the USA in particular, Christianity in general... will be admitted to the commercial air carriers to and throughout the USA... even as the POTUS has determined that there will be a 90 suspension of those individuals right to enter the USA until the increased VETT
ING protocols are begun

the Judge should be removed from the bench, stripped of constitutional rights, stripped of citizenship, deemed an Agent of ever Enemy State there is against the USA.... plus seizing all his lifetime accrued things-of-value so that monetary compensation may be made to the victims of the terrorists the Judge permitted to enter the USA by his suspending the
Presidents temporary 'Ban' on those 7 mostly Muslim countries

THERE HAS TO BE SEVERE CONSEQUENCES FOR THE ILLEGAL ACTIONS OF THE 9th Circuit Judge....and all the other mentally deranged snowflakes that are paid arsonists & Anarchists, paid from the Soros' front organizations

edit on th28148635498405232017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the solitary judge up in Wash. State...has determined that POTUS Trump must continue to abide by the Obama administration Open Borders policy...

A three judge appeals court agreed.

Today you get more rulings...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Indigo5

Thank you for the belly laugh. We can add comedy to your list of assets. Only a comedian would go so far as accuse someone of that with absolutely no evidence.

TheRedneck

An ungodly tonnage of evidence and ongoing investigations.

It requires a special kind of partisan dissonance to not acknowledge the mass of factual evidence that continues to build.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the Judge should be removed from the bench, stripped of constitutional rights, stripped of citizenship, deemed an Agent of ever Enemy State there is against the USA.... plus seizing all his lifetime accrued things-of-value

Here we see what some people want to happen to anyone who dares oppose little God-Emperor Trump....

It really shows how much some trumpets worship him and do not want to follow the Constitution, but think Trump's word should be blindly followed by everyone!

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join