It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Emergency Stay Granted - Defeat for Trump's Right Wing Agenda

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

there is no mad rush to change laws.

But there is a mad rush to order people to do things, without checking to see if the orders are legal or not.

This EO has been checked... It was checked by white house counsel as well as the acting AG's legal staff, who all signed off on it as legal and constitutional.

I'll leave it there since UKTruth schooled you on the truth for the rest.

MSNBC was caught editing Giulianai statements on the immigration EO.

Ya know if the left was so right about any of their positions they would not have to lie constantly about them.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes you keep posting while ignoring facts.

Since you apparently skipped it because it refuted your claims here it is again -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I urge you to read it and understand it. That way you wont keep posting info thats been refuted in the last 50 pages.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Thank you for the specifics. I have been arguing generally, but I wanted to know a little more about the legal requirements Trump must work under, so I looked up 8 USC 1182. Here is what I found:

(B) Terrorist activities

(i) In general Any alien who—

(I) has engaged in a terrorist activity;

(II) a consular officer, the Attorney General, or the Secretary of Homeland Security knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, is engaged in or is likely to engage after entry in any terrorist activity (as defined in clause (iv));

(III) has, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily harm, incited terrorist activity;

(IV) is a representative (as defined in clause (v)) of—

(aa) a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(bb) a political, social, or other group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity;

(V) is a member of a terrorist organization described in subclause (I) or (II) of clause (vi);

is inadmissible. An alien who is an officer, official, representative, or spokesman of the Palestine Liberation Organization is considered, for purposes of this chapter, to be engaged in a terrorist activity.

According to this, Trump is not only acting constitutionally, he is required by law to take this action, under Section B:i:V of 8 USC 1182. The only way this Executive Order could be declared unconstitutional overall is for the courts to strike down 8 USC 1182 as well. They would have to overrule both other branches. Not freakin' likely.

TheRedneck

edit on 2/3/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Here is the other half dealing specifically with nations of concern and visa / refugees / immigration.

H.R.158 - Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 (passed / in effect 2015)

Jan 2016 - Implementation of the new law and initial country list.

Feb 2016 - DHS updated country of concern list additions.

The laws in question still allow for people from those 7 countries / people who visited those 7 countries to enter the US. They must follow the standard procedures. The hold for 90 / 120 days is to revamp the screening process used and to update secondary screening procedures.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yes.
To all those who claim this is unconstitutional and thinking it will be struck down, get ready for a dose of reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Has H.R.158 been passed into law? I couldn't find confirmation of that in your link.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Has H.R.158 been passed into law? I couldn't find confirmation of that in your link.

TheRedneck

Yup.. the 2 following links are the implementation of the law and the listed countries.

CBP - Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act Frequently Asked Questions

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

OK, I simply couldn't find the verification. And yes, it specifically declares the actions in Trump's Executive Order to be required.

Thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

A federal judge in Seattle on Friday put a nationwide block on U.S. President Donald Trump's week-old executive order barring nationals from seven countries from entering the United States.

The judge's temporary restraining order represents a major challenge to Trump's action, although his administration could still appeal the ruling and have the policy upheld.

The Seattle judge, James Robart, made his ruling effective immediately on Friday, suggesting that travel restrictions could be lifted straight away.

... The Seattle judge ruled that the states have legal standing to sue...

Just posting it, as it's relevant.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

That's going to be a fun ride. The VISAs are already cancelled. I wonder how the judiciary expects to demand that anyone in those 7 countries who wants a VISA can have one, no questions asked.

Should be fun to watch... until one of those immigrants sets off a bomb somewhere.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The VISAs are already cancelled.
All of them? Only 60,000 visas in those 7 countries? That's it?

The AP later reported that the State Department puts the number of nixed visas at 60,000.

I wonder how the judiciary expects to demand that anyone in those 7 countries who wants a VISA can have one, no questions asked.
No one ever gets a visa with no questions asked.

Should be fun to watch... until one of those immigrants sets off a bomb somewhere.
Visa holders are not immigrants.

edit on 2/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, all of the VISAs from those 7 countries have been cancelled. There may be a few diplomatic remaining, but that's all.

You're right; no one can get a VISA without a lot of questions asked. But in order for a judge to block the Executive Order, all those cancelled VISAs must be reinstated... without question. That was my point.

My bad; you are technically correct. I believe the official designation is 'non-immigrant.'

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Re: the visas. I believe the term used was "provisionally revoked." Whatever that means.

The EO goes beyond visas.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yes, it also indefinitely suspends immigration for Syrian refugees. So does blocking it mean they get admitted into the United States without question? Forcing someone to answer questions to gain admittance could be seen as defying the stay.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Yeah the states have no legal standing when it comes to immigration policies as thats vested with the federal government.

They also do not have authority to do what they are doing.

The judges order in Boston lapsed and that judge refused to extend it. These judges orders are going to be shot down at the next level.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

DOJ has of course challenged the decision, quite certain that DOJ will win.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens
into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States,
he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend
the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or
impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. .

edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
News Flash ........

Turns out the restraining order is only partial to specific sections.

WA-Order

original EO:
EXECUTIVE ORDER: PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES

Sections 3c, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5e are restrained.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yes, it also indefinitely suspends immigration for Syrian refugees. So does blocking it mean they get admitted into the United States without question? Forcing someone to answer questions to gain admittance could be seen as defying the stay.

TheRedneck

Nope... The courts have no jurisdiction over immigration policy and the states do not have standing. The judge ignored the Constitution and a congressional law.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

A Federal Judge just put a stay on the entire Executive Order, Nationwide.

A justice James Robart, a Bush Appointee..

You got the FULL Stay on the EO you guys said would not happen...

Not to say I was right...but ..

A federal judge in Seattle on Friday ordered a national halt to enforcement of President Trump’s controversial travel ban on citizens from seven predominantly Muslim nations. The White House vowed to appeal the decision immediately.

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Not to say I was right...but ..

DOJ has of course challenged the decision, quite certain that DOJ will win.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens
into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States,
he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend
the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or
impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. .

edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join